Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2015 9:12:53 AM EDT
I just recently purchased a dbal-I2, and was wondering. Why don't you see more IR lasers mounted in the typical scope location with a reflex mounted atop the IR unit? Is there a reason not to do this? I'm trying to keep the gun as light as possible and keep the weight distribution like a more typical setup. I'm sure I am missing something, but any feedback is appreciated

" />

Something like this is what im envisioning.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 9:23:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Fixed it for you.

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 12:09:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Because you would get a glowing line down the side of your rifle when you activate the laser.

Plus, you would need a REALLY long pressure pad to activate it and use it effectively.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:33:06 PM EDT
[#3]
only thing I could see this setup being useful would be on a short subgun or PDW like the MP7
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 8:51:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I use a T1 in the normal position.  I can quickly ditch the Dbal or the T1 if I want.  

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 10:28:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 11:02:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Ok so i received my dbal. Set it up in the typical scope position. The green line down the side of the rifle is a non issue, however, the pressure switch is. Does anyone make custom length pressure switches? Is there any other reason i shouldn't run this?
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 3:04:26 PM EDT
[#7]
You're looking for a long pressure switch correct?

If you look on ebay you can find some pretty long pressure switches. Search for insight pressure switch.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top