Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2015 9:57:36 AM EDT
Can you tell us how you are compensated for continually promoting FLIR products on this site?  Do you receive cash payments?  Discounts?  Free gear?  

You seem to insert yourself into every thermal discussion and you have an unusual BIAS towards anything FLIR.  It is very obvious and somewhat obnoxious.  The spin of facts is getting kind of old.  

It is time to spill the beans.  FLIR is a great company.  But, this has to be something beyond being a mere fanboy.  It is not subtle in the least bit.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:13:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Can you tell us how you are compensated for continually promoting FLIR products on this site?  Do you receive cash payments?  Discounts?  Free gear?  

You seem to insert yourself into every thermal discussion and you have an unusual BIAS towards anything FLIR.  It is very obvious and somewhat obnoxious.  The spin of facts is getting kind of old.  

It is time to spill the beans.  FLIR is a great company.  But, this has to be something beyond being a mere fanboy.  It is not subtle in the least bit.
View Quote

Wait a minute, I thought I worked for ARFCom?

LOL!

Thanks for taking the time to call me out!
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:29:23 AM EDT
[#2]
ibtl: not tech
larue, noveske and aac should compensate me while we're at it
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:40:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Sig, ITT, L3, Barnes, Wilcox, Nortoros, Leopold, Truijicon, RCBS, Hodgdon, Hornady, Delta P, Team Wendy, EagleTac, MagPul,  Honda, Gemtech, and the American Pork Association!
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:48:37 AM EDT
[#4]
I suspect OP isnt very good at google.

regardless, Skypup has spent alot of time behind nods and thermals. he knows what he is talking about.

ETA: hey skypup can you get me a job at L3?
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:50:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
larue, noveske, Fleshlight and aac should compensate me while we're at it
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:52:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

FIFY
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

FIFY

in my defense, I date hot girls

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:53:55 AM EDT
[#7]
IBTL
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:59:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:07:10 AM EDT
[#9]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

FIFY

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8599/16040774744_ee53045cd2_b.jpg

You got me on that one.

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:07:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

regardless, Skypup has spent alot of time behind nods and thermals. he knows what he is talking about.

View Quote

Was there something specific you were hinting at via a google search? I also found a lot of Skypup pimping FLIR threads. As an arfcom'er I think it is fair to question a member's connection when they push only a certain product or product line, because it borders on advertising. Our goal as members is to help keep other members informed, and in this case, it seems like Skypup does have some tie to FLIR as a stockholder, but I'm not sure if that means he needs to be an Arfcom sponsor to push the products. I'm not sure he is influencing enough people on here to make a blip in his FLIR stock dividends. lol.

Per a google search on Skypup: "I do not work for FLIR, I do know many of their engineers though....and I do own FLIR stock and FLIR MIL-SPEC thermals:"

I appreciate his knowledge and insight, either way. Unfortunately, I have found FLIR's products to be inferior in my pricepoint (Cheap Bastard), which is why I went with Therm-App. ;-P
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:08:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You got me on that one.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

FIFY

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8599/16040774744_ee53045cd2_b.jpg

You got me on that one.

LMAO !

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:08:56 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm sitting in a FLIR Gulfstream private jet now waiting to take off after the wings are iced off after the Board of Directors meeting.

Can't wait to get back home again as the next FLIR train is arriving and I have to unload another couple of boxcars of hogs to kill in my backyard with all my FLIR thermal gear!

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:11:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Time to eat some more beans acogshooter!
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:25:02 AM EDT
[#14]
SkyPup is most certainly a Flir fanboy, and may be getting "deals", but he's also a great asset to this community. I agree that he can be blatantly biased at times, but he usually gets called on it and life goes on. I think it's a bit easier for him (compared to most of us) to be constantly upgrading to the "latest and greatest" because he is able to get a tax deduction for his purchases, as they are utilized in predator control on his ranch.
So the next time you are suspicious, roll your eyes and move on. Take his recommendations with a grain of salt, and realize that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but also realize that SkyPup's Flir kill count is astronomical.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:31:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Well, at least acogshooter did not accuse me of being a SIG FANBOY, since I did finally get an HK!

It's always great to be called out in public, especially when you consider who's doing the callin'!
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:36:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Well, at least acogshooter did not accuse me of being a SIG FANBOY, since I did finally get an HK!

http://www.phossil.com/thom/Night%20Vision/FLIR%20T70/HK%20Hog/HK%20Hog.jpg

It's always great to be called out in public, especially when you consider who's doing the callin'!
View Quote

Send me some Bacon damn you!
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:50:31 AM EDT
[#17]
He told me Flir pays him to cut the grass and I should not tell anyone. I cut the grass at TNVC but can't tell anyone either.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:52:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Yes, this thread needs some bacon.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:53:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
He told me Flir pays him to cut the grass and I should not tell anyone. I cut the grass at TNVC but can't tell anyone either.
View Quote

Odd, I heard you were mowing lawns over at ATN's headquarters... can't believe anything on this stupid internet these days.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:59:51 AM EDT
[#20]
I'll add this -

Forums present a unique set of challenges for non-vendors and non-resellers.

One minute you are viewed as an asset and the next your being called biased and it "peaks and valleys" at times usually when the Industry warms up with new products and technology deployments.

As I said on another board very recently when I engaged in a conversation related to my ProStaffing for one company yet attempting to be Independent reviewer across the board  - The actions of a few will ruin it for the rest who attempt to disclose their interests.  Moreso it is about PROMOTION of products where the rabbit hole begins to go deeper and wider - is it this aspect that you find obnoxious? Probably so...  

In the end I learned that you can spill alot of knowledge supported by reason and logic into readers/viewers cups but most will splash out and they (the reader/viewer) will only retain what they believe to be the truth.

Therefore the call outs are pointless -

Read, read alot, get many many perspectives on a product and make a decision, dont hold individuals accountable for what ultimately comes down to "your call".

My 2 cents and as an added penny I am not a FLIR fanboy nor a Skypup follower but his struggle is real~!~ and the information he provides gives you some basis on video alone if nothing more.

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:05:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Odd, I heard you were mowing lawns over at ATN's headquarters... can't believe anything on this stupid internet these days.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got fired because I had to cut the grass at night with a gen 1 scope. Kept missing spots because I could not see anything. I mowed down the flowers and they booted me. Really liked that job too.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:11:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Was there something specific you were hinting at via a google search? I also found a lot of Skypup pimping FLIR threads. As an arfcom'er I think it is fair to question a member's connection when they push only a certain product or product line, because it borders on advertising. Our goal as members is to help keep other members informed, and in this case, it seems like Skypup does have some tie to FLIR as a stockholder, but I'm not sure if that means he needs to be an Arfcom sponsor to push the products. I'm not sure he is influencing enough people on here to make a blip in his FLIR stock dividends. lol.

Per a google search on Skypup: "I do not work for FLIR, I do know many of their engineers though....and I do own FLIR stock and FLIR MIL-SPEC thermals:"

I appreciate his knowledge and insight, either way. Unfortunately, I have found FLIR's products to be inferior in my pricepoint (Cheap Bastard), which is why I went with Therm-App. ;-P
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Perhaps it helps that I know Skypups real name.

I wont divulge any information here out of respect to Skypup.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:15:44 PM EDT
[#23]
I guess I'm a FLIR fanboy also. About 29 years ago when I was working for the US Border Patrol, we were given a thermal scope to try out from the US military. It was a FLIR, I don't know the model as it was in an unmarked, large aluminum box and contained  what looked like a large battery attached to the scope unit. This thing was incredible even compared to pictures of anything I've seen today. We also had (our Sector) a pickup truck with a FLIR scope attached to a telescoping pole. Since those days I have been interested in thermal vision, but, couldn't afford to buy them. The military and govt. law enforcement agencies use FLIR and that says a lot. Eventually I'll have a thermal scope and it will be a FLIR.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:16:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I got fired because I had to cut the grass at night with a gen 1 scope. Kept missing spots because I could not see anything. I mowed down the flowers and they booted me. Really liked that job too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hear they are looking to fill a few positions at optics planet
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:20:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Skypup, I am back on orders but should be back in North Florida the end of March.  I would like to chat with you about my RS-32 when I return, need to set it up and dial it in.  Keep posting, we all enjoy your insight and information regarding thermal imagery.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:27:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Mmmmm, FLIR Pork!

Think I'll sit out on the front porch with my Springer Spaniel and have some:

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:30:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Skypup, I am back on orders but should be back in North Florida the end of March.  I would like to chat with you about my RS-32 when I return, need to set it up and dial it in.  Keep posting, we all enjoy your insight and information regarding thermal imagery.
View Quote

Will do, stay safe over there, we can shoot some Zombie Hogs (once the FLIR train drops them off) at my place when you get back from your service!
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:35:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is acogshooter the new lawn boy over there now?
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:39:00 PM EDT
[#29]
He never answered the question.  So, I assume he is compensated in someway for relentlessly pounding the drum for FLIR.  There are many new comers looking for unbiased information about thermal imagers on this site.  It looks like his advertising / shilling is obvious to more than just me.  Hopefully, the new guys see through it too.  

Kind of slimy approach to promoting a brand.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:43:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
He never answered the question.  So, I assume he is compensated in someway for relentlessly pounding the drum for FLIR.  There are many new comers looking for unbiased information about thermal imagers on this site.  It looks like his advertising / shilling is obvious to more than just me.  Hopefully, the new guys see through it too.  

View Quote

He does not work for Flir. I know what he does and it has nothing to do with Flir. He really likes Flir and if that is a crime I guess he is guilty.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:46:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

I know it was a slimy approach for you, but thanks for the kind words and taking the time calling me out acogshooter fanboy!

Please be sure to let me know what kind of thermal it is that you would prefer me to buy and use!

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 1:13:12 PM EDT
[#32]
On occasion, FLIR will send SP a nice "thank you" check for buying FLIR products.

Show him a picture of one of your FLIR checks, SP. Go ahead, our boy needs some validation.  
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 1:17:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 1:19:35 PM EDT
[#34]
I'll try to dig up that FLIR M-324 rebate check they sent me for $1,000
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 1:20:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
On occasion, FLIR will send SP a nice "thank you" check for buying FLIR products.

Show him a picture of one of your FLIR checks, SP. Go ahead, our boy needs some validation.  
View Quote

Also make sure to include your W2 in the picture as well just to be thorough.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 1:23:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Better be careful, you may get accused of working for us as well.

Vic
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Vic

WHOA hold up here a minute.....That janitorial position is still available at TNVC and i didnt get the interview????
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 1:25:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

WHOA hold up here a minute.....That janitorial position is still available at TNVC and i didnt get the interview????
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Vic

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 1:27:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Take it to Eds Bear Pit
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top