Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2015 7:03:16 PM EDT
Been meaning to post some pics and video of my COTI for a while. Finally got around to getting them uploaded.

Fist a pic of what you get if you spend the night with "The Whorta"

u" />

</a>j" />

</a>" />

</a>" />

</a>" />

</a>" />
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 7:04:33 PM EDT
[#1]
</a>" />

</a>" />

" />
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 7:14:05 PM EDT
[#2]
The smaller heat signatures are steel targets I got from MrTargetsonline.com

Link Posted: 2/21/2015 8:43:29 PM EDT
[#3]
This is SICK!

I just learned about COTIs, any shot you could do some HD vids of it in outline mode? Super interested in things like detection range.

Also, I saw somewhere that a COTI can decrease tube life. Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 9:03:26 PM EDT
[#4]
The earlier TACS COTI (a much larger unit) had tube burn issues. The newer ones, like The Playah has, will not affect tube life substantially -- AS LONG AS YOU USE IT PROPERLY! If you crank the output of the COTI up, and you run it all the time, you could certainly burn your tube. Just use it normally and it's not likely to impact tube life to any significant degree.

Link Posted: 2/21/2015 9:42:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice pics and vid. Looks light the brightness is a lot higher then I needs to be though.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 10:40:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice pics and vid. Looks light the brightness is a lot higher then I needs to be though.
View Quote

The  coti area looks like an IR Illuminator with perfectly focused beam.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 1:23:32 AM EDT
[#7]
The COTI is the least expensive way to get excellent, true fusion ability. For less than $10k you can have a killer PVS-15 and a new COTI.

Unless you know someone who can get you a PSQ-20 on the cheap, it's the only way to go.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 1:55:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The COTI is the least expensive way to get excellent, true fusion ability. For less than $10k you can have a killer PVS-15 and a new COTI.

Unless you know someone who can get you a PSQ-20 on the cheap, it's the only way to go.
View Quote

Where do you you buy from? I thought a PVS-15 by itself was about $13k + a COTI would be about $20k wouldn't it?
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 5:18:38 PM EDT
[#9]
They are around. I scooped one up recently and definitely didn't pay $7k.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 10:14:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Where do you you buy from? I thought a PVS-15 by itself was about $13k + a COTI would be about $20k wouldn't it?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually, I meant to type "PVS-14" but my brain apparently can't go that low.  

That said, I've gotten a nearly-new Morovison 72lp/mm PVS-15 (no typo) and a COTI for less than $10k via some bargain hunting.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 10:33:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Horta, how well does the COTI work with the 15, or any dual tube setup for that matter? I'm about to step up my game to duals....my first thought is that your brain will merge to two images and be OK. The other thought is that it won't and be very disorienting. I know your eyes suck though. What's your take on it?
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 10:37:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Horta, how well does the COTI work with the 15, or any dual tube setup for that matter? I'm about to step up my game to duals....my first thought is that your brain will merge to two images and be OK. The other thought is that it won't and be very disorienting. I know your eyes suck though. What's your take on it?
View Quote

Stick the COTI on your dominant eye (at least I had to) and your brain sees it in both eyes as long as your dual tubes are perfectly aligned and produce a single 40* round image circle. None of this offset oblong stuff.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 11:24:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
This is SICK!

I just learned about COTIs, any shot you could do some HD vids of it in outline mode? Super interested in things like detection range.
View Quote

Also wondering this and if you preferred full thermal to outline
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 11:38:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Good to know Horta, I'll try it once my duals are in hand. cofi, I prefer full thermal or patrol mode to the outline mode. Simply playing off of thermal strength I want it for detection. Full thermal and patrol mode only display heat, where as outline displays heat and outlines it detects which can be hot or cold.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 2:53:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Outline vids in 720p+ please!!!!!!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top