Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2015 8:03:24 AM EDT
I am looking at put together my first NVG set up and came across the below kit from nightvision2go.com. Anyone have any experience with them? I'm working on a budget and can drop a grand on the tnvc kit, even though I would love to. I know you get what you pay for.

Link Posted: 1/30/2015 8:13:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks fine and is a standard ITT kit with no frills. I assume you know it has no tube in it. Just make sure you are getting milspec optics. I know nothing about the company but assuming all is legit it is a good deal on a ITT milspec housing.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 8:22:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a tube already in hand. So far talking with them they seem legit. Just seeing if anyone has got their kit or has experience with them.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 8:59:47 AM EDT
[#3]
I know the guy that owns NV2go, and he is a really good guy that will shoot you strait.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 10:55:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I know the guy that owns NV2go, and he is a really good guy that will shoot you strait.
View Quote

True story. Definitely a good guy.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 4:12:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I've dealt with them. NV2G is GTG.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 5:32:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I was in the same boat as you about two weeks ago OP. Here's my experience.

Purchased an untested tube from ebay, which I would have been able to return if DOA under buyer protection. But still had to purchase a whole kit to even test thing. I spoke to the guys at nv2go and he even agreed to allow me to return the kit if my tube (which he had no connection to) was DOA. Hell of a guy right there. I wanted to test the tube asap and unfortunately it was during SHOT. I paid for the tube and told him not to worry about shipping until the following week. Well he decides to pull a tube from a new PVS-14 buildup he had brought with him to SHOT, and ship the kit out to me from Vegas. Amazing service and his kit was an excellent buy. I've been running around holding a PVS-14 up to my face in the woods almost every night since I assembled. Can't wait for my helmet and rhino (compliments of Horta, thanks again) to arrive
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 5:54:10 PM EDT
[#7]
I also know who owns Nv2go, he is REALLY good to go. AS IN, you need to buy something RIGHT NOW kind of good to go.

G.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 5:55:29 PM EDT
[#8]
best place to get a tube that doesn't cost as much as an assembled pvs14?
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 10:01:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

If you don't have to have a brand new ITT or L3 Gen3 tube then I would look at itchytrigger's Photonis XX1940GL tubes he's selling in the EE.  He's got 3 different tubes posted for $600 each right now.  So far the reviews on these Photonis tubes are good.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 11:36:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Well it looks like NV2go will be get some business from me then. Thanks for the imput!
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 3:12:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

If you don't have to have a brand new ITT or L3 Gen3 tube then I would look at itchytrigger's Photonis XX1940GL tubes he's selling in the EE.  He's got 3 different tubes posted for $600 each right now.  So far the reviews on these Photonis tubes are good.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What if you are looking for the L3 Gen 3?
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 3:30:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You need to call a dealer. TNVC stocks L3 tubes. Used tubes are always available but you need to know what you are doing. Kind of like diamonds.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 5:02:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
You need to call a dealer. TNVC stocks L3 tubes. Used tubes are always available but you need to know what you are doing. Kind of like diamonds.
View Quote

Serious question, do you work for TNVC?
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 12:58:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 1:13:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty sure Dino is just good people.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 1:27:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like cutting the grass so much I cut that grass for free. They give me cool patches and posters too !
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 1:35:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I like cutting the grass so much I cut that grass for free. They give me cool patches and posters too !
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought you said you forgot a poster.

Also when did they pass out the girl ON the poster? I missed it.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 1:44:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did not get a poster but that was my fault. I am sure I can get one. My Griffon Industries calender is in my office and will do for now. I sneak peaked at the month of December.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 11:34:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Are you sure?
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 12:53:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Are you sure?
View Quote

You busted me. They make me wear a yellow helmet so if I get lost I am easy to spot which is embarrassing. Vic said I was doing such a good job that next week I get my very own mount for my helmet and if I keep improving maybe a Gen 1 scope to go with it.

Link Posted: 2/3/2015 1:21:26 PM EDT
[#21]
that's funny
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 2:07:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

You busted me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are you sure?

You busted me.

I know.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 4:39:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

You busted me. They make me wear a yellow helmet so if I get lost I am easy to spot which is embarrassing. Vic said I was doing such a good job that next week I get my very own mount for my helmet and if I keep improving maybe a Gen 1 scope to go with it.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1024x768q90/909/WRklE6.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are you sure?

Sweet outfit man... are you some sort of bumblebee promotional ad, or something? Oh, and you know, for when you get that sweet gift from Vic... nothing like a Gen1...

G.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 4:53:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are you sure?

Not to get off topic but where is the propeller???
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 11:04:06 PM EDT
[#25]
I was getting ready to go down a zip line in Belize and they told me I had to wear a helmet. The only one left was 5 sizes to small and looked pretty stupid. You need 5 years seniority to get the propeller option.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 5:10:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Do these kits come with the lenses (front and rear)?  What else would one need aside from the proper tube to complete one of these?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 5:14:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Do these kits come with the lenses (front and rear)?  What else would one need aside from the proper tube to complete one of these?

Thanks!
View Quote
'

Link Posted: 2/4/2015 5:16:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
'

Nothing, should be a complete kit without the tube. Has no exrtras like the useless green PVS bag or a J arm. Just a straight complete new body housing. Add your tube and you are set.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!
'

Nothing, should be a complete kit without the tube. Has no exrtras like the useless green PVS bag or a J arm. Just a straight complete new body housing. Add your tube and you are set.

Well shit.  I may have or order up a kit, that seems like a really nice deal.

Anyone got some good tubes laying around to match up with these?  
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 6:15:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!
'

You can also get tubes from NV2Go as well.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 10:22:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 11:23:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!
'

Do you have to call or email them about tube? I didn't see them listed on their site
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 11:42:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
'

PRO TIP : When assembling new body housing always loosen the objective lens to allow the tube to fully seat. Not doing this will result in a loose tube the minute the focus is moved out. I learned this the hard way from Kyle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!
'

PRO TIP : When assembling new body housing always loosen the objective lens to allow the tube to fully seat. Not doing this will result in a loose tube the minute the focus is moved out. I learned this the hard way from Kyle.

Do you mean back the focus off or the limiter ring? If just the focus, this would mean every time you turn the objective all the way in the back of it hits the tube correct?
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 11:51:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Do you mean back the focus off or the limiter ring? If just the focus, this would mean every time you turn the objective all the way in the back of it hits the tube correct?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!
'

Link Posted: 2/5/2015 12:14:03 AM EDT
[#34]

Link Posted: 2/5/2015 8:59:36 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Do you have to call or email them about tube? I didn't see them listed on their site
View Quote

Best bet would be to call them. I've purchased a couple from them, really nice guy.
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 11:05:30 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Best bet would be to call them. I've purchased a couple from them, really nice guy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks
Gen2 or Gen3?
About how much did you pay?
You can PM if you rather not say in the forum.
I"m just trying to figure out how a setup will cost me to build
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 5:38:30 PM EDT
[#37]
In talks with the man himself right now to get some new gear.  I sent him an email and he personally called me to go over what he's got.  Thus far, very impressed with his service and he's offering some very good deals right now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top