Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2015 2:49:08 AM EDT
Just saw this in the Ops-Core 2015 catalog, new and improved Norotos mounts? Were these at SHOT?  

Also saw this and though it was just cool enough to share lol.

Link Posted: 1/30/2015 2:57:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Yep, saw those from the SHOT coverage. The LoSto looks pretty cool, but I can't really tell if it's force to overcome or not, I guess the name there implies it has a button. From what I can tell, the hyper INVG & AKA2 look like the old mounts, but with break-away features now.

Anyone have a price on the LoSto?
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 8:49:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Not sure what the LoSto offers that the rest of the industry doesn't already. But I'm willing to find out.
Here's a picture from SSD.

I like the new Norotos Shroud they premiered with the integrated lights.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 9:07:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not sure what the LoSto offers that the rest of the industry doesn't already. But I'm willing to find out.
Here's a picture from SSD.
http://soldiersystems.net/blog1/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/IMG_1418-0.jpg

I like the new Norotos Shroud they premiered with the integrated lights.
http://soldiersystems.net/blog1/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/IMG_1416.jpg
View Quote

It appears to offer a raise/lower push button near the release button just the early G24s.  Wilcox recognized that design flaw and corrected it on later versions.  It will be interesting to see if the same applies to this mount.  I wish that I could have gone to SHOT and put my hands on one, but sometimes health issues prevent us from doing everything that we would like to as age increases.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 9:14:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Some more pics of the lo-Sto from Norotos's Facebook.

Looks good, I kinda want one, as long as it isn't 500 bucks.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 10:12:09 PM EDT
[#5]
There is a breakaway INVG listed at adams inc, PN: 1921010 and the AKA2 breakaway is PN: 1940010-3

So I am guessing maybe these hyper INVG and AKA2 maybe have some additional changes or I don't know what?
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 10:22:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Besides the break-away features, the other big change looks like they're finally dumping the (IMHO) pain in the ass screw elevation adjustment for an "on the fly" elevation adjustment, similar, it looks like, to the RHNO II, but with controls oriented differently.  

Mind you, I love my TATMs, but the screw elevation, while quite precise has never been a huge favorite of mine.  

It's be interesting to see how the Lo-Sto compares in the stowed configuration to the Wilcox mounts, however, to be honest, the "wrong sided" controls would probably kill it for me anyways.  

~Augee
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top