Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/26/2014 1:56:18 PM EDT
I did it.  

Ugh I may vomit, but I did it.  Tube #2 coming from TNVC.....and MOD Armory dual mount coming.  Just wanted to confirm for sure that TNVC L3 PVS14's use L3 housings.  It would make the most sense, and that is what I gathered by seeing the silver contacts on the one I have downstairs, but I figured I'd ask the experts here.

Thanks......

and please feel free to post some words of encouragement for this largely unnecessary expenditure.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 2:29:05 PM EDT
[#1]
It's perfectly normal to have Ramen noodles for Thanksgiving right?
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 4:29:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's perfectly normal to have Ramen noodles for Thanksgiving right?
View Quote

Im working, so yes....yes it is.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 5:23:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes L3 is the correct housing style.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 5:28:45 PM EDT
[#4]
What difference is there between the two? I compared my ITT and L3 housings closely and couldn't tell. The MA rep said there was a slight variance in the curvature but I question if it would make that big of a deal.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 1:33:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What difference is there between the two? I compared my ITT and L3 housings closely and couldn't tell. The MA rep said there was a slight variance in the curvature but I question if it would make that big of a deal.
View Quote

It will function with either but there is a slightly different curvature. There will be a little gap with the ITT mount on an L3 Housing, but it works.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:34:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Neither ITT or L3 make the housing. They both order them to there specs from a third party. I know the manufacturer but I can't disclose that and make waves. They BOTH need to meet the same milspec dimensions and standards. They both need to work with the same mounts and equipment. I have found the differences to be purely cosmetic. Just my .02. I suspect both use the same manufacturer using some cosmetic differences to make one stand apart from the other.

While I know what the cosmetic difference is I have never known it as anything other than cosmetic.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top