Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2014 12:31:41 AM EDT
I started this new thread for pics & vids and Q&A about actual device.  Please try not to post anything about Seeks customer service.  Please Note: I've already posted some of these pics on the other thread.

Seek Thermal Camera: http://youtu.be/9DEEh2Kr4KE

My son's swimming lesson last night

Black hot - my son and his swimming teacher while in the pool

Another color pallete, but I can't remember which one - same as above

Yet another color pallet that I can't remember the name - same as above except only teacher is in the pool

dishwasher

same as above

my car in parking garage

building downtown Seattle

black hot downtown Seattle

my fridge

now this is an interesting pic was taken at the mirror while I am standing behind my son while both of us are looking into a mirror.   That's my image reflecting off the mirror and my the back of my son's head.  

my son is sick and you can tell that his nose is bothersome

My son sitting on a plastic chair facing away from me

Aircraft about 400-500yds away.  Works excellent when there are not many heat delta.

3 workers cleaning side of building about 300-400yds away.  I would say it is nearly impossible to detect unless you know what you are looking for and if you have time to look at the pic for few mins.  This won't work if you were "looking" for someone in this environment.  HOWEVER, for $200 device, this isn't  too shabby

Here is a color pic with no zoom to give a better idea of how far away the workers are and how small they are.

The heat from the phone and mainly the battery transfers heat to the thermal sensor.  This causes the reading to be somewhat inaccurate.....thermal gradient across the sensor.  You can tell by looking at the bottom right corner of some of the pics I posted (& especially below).   To remedy this issue, I just purchased a Micro USB OTG cable extension.  Also I can put the camera outside my car....not sure if this will work or not.  Gosh, thermal has so much potential...........

Seek Thermal App has a function that allows you to pick a temperature and it will show areas that are either above, below or equal to whatever temp you just choose.  This pic is when I opted for everything higher than 71 degrees.  The yellow is the heat that got transferred from cell phone.

Brilliant man tearing this down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Cr8oZck5m8
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 8:46:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Good stuff!

Is there a red/black color mode? in some of their advertising,  a red/black color option is shown, but the quality is higher, and i havent seen it posted by anyone else. could it be Photoshop shenanigans?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:44:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Red hot

Http://youtu.be/xXX10c1GMGE

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top