Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2014 8:56:49 AM EDT
Is the gathering at Marble falls still a go?
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 10:19:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 12:29:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Good deal!  If work goes well today I plan to fly down in the morning.   Let me verify the location.   I type "copperhead creek marble falls, tx" in Maps and it drops a peg east of town off RM1431 labeled "hidden falls adventure park".  Is that correct?
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 12:44:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good deal!  If work goes well today I plan to fly down in the morning.   Let me verify the location.   I type "copperhead creek marble falls, tx" in Maps and it drops a peg east of town off RM1431 labeled "hidden falls adventure park".  Is that correct?
View Quote

Copperhead Creek Shooting Club
7030 E Fm 1431  
Marble Falls tx 78654 US

This is inside of Hidden Falls

Google drops pin in correct place, range is at 30.594,98.159.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 1:15:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks like I'm on the right track.   I plan to fly into Lago Vista airport which is east of hidden falls about 10 miles.  If there is anyone willing to pick me up I will gladly donate to your vehicle fund!
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 7:01:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Anyone here?
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 4:00:48 AM EDT
[#6]
I got there about 4:30 and very few people there, stayed till 6:00 and found out that the reason I went out there didn't get shipped.
I left before dark, couldn't see hanging around if I couldn't look through the thermal I want.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 9:28:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I got there about 4:30 and very few people there, stayed till 6:00 and found out that the reason I went out there didn't get shipped.
I left before dark, couldn't see hanging around if I couldn't look through the thermal I want.
View Quote

So what thermal device was it that you wanted to see?
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 1:02:37 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm not trying to bad mouth anyone so I can't say.
Lets just say it wasn't there, OK?
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 1:38:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm not trying to bad mouth anyone so I can't say.
Lets just say it wasn't there, OK?
View Quote

Don't say then.

I was figuring you might mention something I or one of my friends have and we could let you check it out, but since you seem to have such sour grapes, I guess that will not happen.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 6:59:23 PM EDT
[#10]
I didn't want to say which because only one vender carries them, then you could guess who it was.
Call it sour grapes, but I will not point fingers. Mom taught me better
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 9:57:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Those who went, what was yalls thoughts about the beretta arx?
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:00:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Feedback guys.  I spent the weekend feeding tame ungrateful geese at my wife's family reunion in the back woods of Arkansas.   It won't be hard to make me jealous.  Sentinal vs Pvs-15?
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:15:06 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Feedback guys.  I spent the weekend feeding tame ungrateful geese at my wife's family reunion in the back woods of Arkansas.   It won't be hard to make me jealous.  Sentinal vs Pvs-15?
View Quote
This struck me funny as hell, made me smile on Mon morning

I have no relevant content to add, carry on......
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:16:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

^^^Times 2.

You'll have to be more specific about which back woods in Arkansas.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:04:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Since we're on the Noctober subject -  I am curious to learn what white light/green laser was on the AR during the "hostage" stage...  Was the the X400 Ultra or ?  The tape switch on the foregrip (Tango?) was not the XT06...
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 11:30:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Those who went, what was yalls thoughts about the beretta arx?
View Quote

I had a bigger boner on their new tac shotgun.  So freaking light it was scary
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 12:10:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Is this a yearly thing? I'd like to come down and play next year.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 7:59:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Since we're on the Noctober subject -  I am curious to learn what white light/green laser was on the AR during the "hostage" stage...  Was the the X400 Ultra or ?  The tape switch on the foregrip (Tango?) was not the XT06...
View Quote

The tape switch was in a horrible spot. I'm not sure who set that one up.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:35:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes, it is yearly.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:48:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Yes, it is yearly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, it is yearly.

To steal a line from the GD "This thread sucks without pictures"
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:59:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, it is yearly.

Too dark for pictures . Seriously most of the action was in the dark and not too many people were taking flash photos. I will go again for sure. And hopefully have more cash for the auction.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 1:28:54 PM EDT
[#22]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8incqrfHQM
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 5:17:34 PM EDT
[#23]

minute & 26, I am in love
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:32:17 AM EDT
[#24]
Beethoven, beautiful women and cool gear,  what else does a man need!  Besides beer...
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 2:24:22 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA: Quoted wrong post. Mine is in reference to the Beretta ARX.

Not fond of the rifle. Features were neat, but at $1500? No.

Tape switch sucked. I couldn't find any specific pad, so when the IR laser popped on, I let the rounds loose at steel and found something else.

Pics:

ETA II: Pics aren't working.

2nd and 3rd pics are mine. I only got a couple pictures, I was having too much fun!

The event was just plain awesome.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 2:25:18 AM EDT
[#26]
Damn it. My pics aren't working. I guess y'all just get a teaser pic. Sorry folks.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 11:29:52 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 2:54:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
We had a really good time at Noctober, and glad we were invited to be a part of this event.

The event was a great idea, andwas set up very well as far as the range goes. There were tons of bays, andtons of things going on. Our bay was the highest in elevation. This was nicebecause it provided us the ability to see what was going on everywhere. Wethrew out two 12 inch chems on the elevated road leading up to us, and everyonewas able to know something was up in our bay.

Our booth was well received. Alot of guys that came out, and seemed to be having a good time at the event. It was also great to meet a lot of people thatfollow us on the forums or facebook, etc.

I was concerned at first about the group rotation schedule, thinking we wouldn't have enough time for everyone in each group to experience all that we brought. We weren't rushed at all. We puton a mini-brief before each group rotation came through, and explained our setups fully.

We had the FLIR T75 on a Noveske RECCE Switchblock with an AAC 762SDN6.

The ATPIAL C was on a Noveske Gen2 NSR with an AAC M4-2000. Guys and gals were donning the TNV/SENTINELS for this setup.

We also had a BCM setup with a TNV/PVS-14 L3 with a TM-14 Mk2 mounted behind an Aimpoint T1. It was fitted with a SureFire Mini .

Our stage was set up with two VTAC barricades.

Guys really liked the discountcode cards I gave out. If you are curious about these, keep being curious. These were printed especially for the event.

We were pretty busy at the bay the entire time, but we did get a chance to meet a few people, and we had a good time.

View Quote

I'm really thankful that you guys stepped up and were generous in supporting the cause!
Also, those are some sweet barricades...
I didn't get to spend much time on your lane, but you guys had a nice setup for sure.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top