Android 4. 3
Seek app 1. 2.1
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Order# 768 - just called and was told that my order shipped and should arrive early next week.   About time! I didn't receive any updates not even tracking number.

Edit: it was on my doorstep when I got home today.   Haven't been able to use yet because app force closes every time.   I have galaxy s3.  Seek app 1.2.1.  Called for help and lady gave me some dude name ryans phone number.  Called ryan (surprised by my call), but he couldnt fix.  Waiting for support to reply to my email.

what version of android is your phone on? 4.2, 4.3? you can find it under settings - about phone.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Android 4. 3
Seek app 1. 2.1

my s3 is android version 4.4
check to see if there is a software update for your phone

Link Posted: 10/18/2014 11:31:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Order# 768 - just called and was told that my order shipped and should arrive early next week.   About time! I didn't receive any updates not even tracking number.

Edit: it was on my doorstep when I got home today.   Haven't been able to use yet because app force closes every time.   I have galaxy s3.  Seek app 1.2.1.  Called for help and lady gave me some dude name ryans phone number.  Called ryan (surprised by my call), but he couldnt fix.  Waiting for support to reply to my email.

what version of android is your phone on? 4.2, 4.3? you can find it under settings - about phone.

Android 4. 3
Seek app 1. 2.1

Thanks, just tried, but it said I have the newest update.  When did yours update to 4.4? Mine updated to 4.3 oct 5th weekend.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 11:33:48 AM EDT
[#3]
been at 4.43 since april 19th

when the app crashes does anything else happen?

Link Posted: 10/18/2014 11:35:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Great News!!!

I just checked the Apple "App Store" for the iOS version of the Seek Thermal software and it was finally available for download!

Once you download and open it, you can create an account and register on their website.  After you complete the registration form, you're sent a confirmation email.

Once that is complete you're given an opportunity to review the features of the program and camera.

I am hopeful that my unit will ship quickly since the email I received from Seek yesterday claimed that the iOS software was the last requirement to shipping the Apple version of the hardware.
View Quote

Thanks, I got the App and soon will have the camera!
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 11:42:52 AM EDT
[#5]

I think only some s3 is able to run 4.4....just depends on carrier.   Me tmobile.   Whats yours?
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 11:45:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Great News!!!

I just checked the Apple "App Store" for the iOS version of the Seek Thermal software and it was finally available for download!

Once you download and open it, you can create an account and register on their website.  After you complete the registration form, you're sent a confirmation email.

Once that is complete you're given an opportunity to review the features of the program and camera.

I am hopeful that my unit will ship quickly since the email I received from Seek yesterday claimed that the iOS software was the last requirement to shipping the Apple version of the hardware.

Quick Update,

I just checked the App Store and I could not find a "Seek Thermal" app for iPad yet.  I wonder how long that might take?  Not a big deal, but would be nice to play with when the actual device arrives.

At least  I have the iPhone 6 plus screen to work with currently.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 12:33:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
the truth about guns posted a video, seek thermal viewing a suppressed pistol

http://youtu.be/mPitScHzGCE

View Quote

that's crazy how fast that heated up the suppressor.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 6:12:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quick Update,

I just checked the App Store and I could not find a "Seek Thermal" app for iPad yet.  I wonder how long that might take?  Not a big deal, but would be nice to play with when the actual device arrives.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Great News!!!

Quick Update,

I installed the I-Phone App on my I-Pad Air and it look like it works, but since I don't have the camera yet don't really know. I sure hope so as I got this mostly to use with my I-Pad as I already have a FLIRONE on my I-Phone.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:38:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
the truth about guns posted a video, seek thermal viewing a suppressed pistol

http://youtu.be/mPitScHzGCE

Made it hot.

Downloaded the app, created an account, and now the real wait begins.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 7:48:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Downloaded app...now awaiting review before I purchase so conisder this a poor mans tag
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 4:43:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Has anyone actually gotten one yet?  Especially the iPhone version...
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 4:50:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Got mine yesterday.  Android version.  Only got to play with it for a few minutes.  I like it.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 4:56:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Seek support sent me next update to Android app.  This update is supposed to allow s3 phones to work.  Ill try it out tonight
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 6:02:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Seek support sent me next update to Android app.  This update is supposed to allow s3 phones to work.  Ill try it out tonight
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Got mine yesterday.  Android version.  Only got to play with it for a few minutes.  I like it.

We need reviews.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 6:22:57 PM EDT
[#15]
man it seems the the quietest people are the ones getting these first. Come on people!!!!
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 6:23:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

What range was your order number?
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:39:34 PM EDT
[#17]
950ish I believe.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:02:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
950ish I believe.
View Quote

Thanks. I'm in the 1300 range.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:27:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
950ish I believe.

27XX here...  I'm screwed

I'll do a review in early '15 when I finally get mine
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:47:22 PM EDT
[#20]
I have had the Apple version ordered since day one.   I think I posted the first notice here just after I placed my order the morning of the 25th.

My order number is 26X, and I haven't gotten even a shipping notice yet.  

Today I sent an email to their support dept. wondering what's going on.  I did receive a speedy reply stating that they have had a "Key" component delayed in shipping but were now getting the iOS items ready to ship.  Well, I'd been told the delay with the Apple version was due to the App not being approved in the App Store, so which is it?  

I was also told to expect a shipping notice "This Week", which means tomorrow or Saturday to me.  I'd heard that the assembly and shipping is done in Idaho.  Well, I'm in Portland, Oregon, so it shouldn't take that long to arrive.

I have to say, I'm pretty disappointed with the way they've kept us in the dark with the production and especially with the lack of updates regarding delays.

I sure hope the product is worth the wait and aggravation.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:58:31 PM EDT
[#21]

URL=http://s1181.photobucket.com/user/Datsthat/media/Seek%20Thermal/img_thermal143072638_zps5720309c.jpg.html][/URL]

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:56:31 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm curious to know the range. Specifically how far out you can sense a critter (coyote or deer)
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 1:56:39 AM EDT
[#23]

Thermal sensor gets messed up by warm battery and I am sure some heat transferred from my hand to thermal sensor.

This pic is witj the setting that shows temp greater than whatever you choose.  In this case it was 71 degrees.  You can see the effects on this pic.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:41:51 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I'm curious to know the range. Specifically how far out you can sense a critter (coyote or deer)
View Quote

this.
close up 10' or less videos and pictures look amazing, but the few images i've seen lf anything further seem to be lacking.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:46:26 AM EDT
[#25]
moar pictures!!!!
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:39:20 PM EDT
[#26]

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:53:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

<a href="http://s1181.photobucket.com/user/Datsthat/media/Seek%20Thermal/img_thermal-573065841_zps4ff5ef2f.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x424/Datsthat/Seek%20Thermal/img_thermal-573065841_zps4ff5ef2f.jpg</a>

URL=http://s1181.photobucket.com/user/Datsthat/media/Seek%20Thermal/img_thermal-179656400_zps72d4d54d.jpg.html]http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x424/Datsthat/Seek%20Thermal/img_thermal-179656400_zps72d4d54d.jpg[/URL]

View Quote

i'd like to see some distance pics in black and white

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 2:18:00 PM EDT
[#28]

3 workers cleaning side of building about 200-300yds

Aircraft about 200-300yds away.

Seek Thermal Camera: http://youtu.be/9DEEh2Kr4KE

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://s1181.photobucket.com/user/Datsthat/media/Seek%20Thermal/img_thermal-573065841_zps4ff5ef2f.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x424/Datsthat/Seek%20Thermal/img_thermal-573065841_zps4ff5ef2f.jpg</a>

URL=http://s1181.photobucket.com/user/Datsthat/media/Seek%20Thermal/img_thermal-179656400_zps72d4d54d.jpg.html]http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x424/Datsthat/Seek%20Thermal/img_thermal-179656400_zps72d4d54d.jpg[/URL]

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 2:51:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Seek Thermal Camera: http://youtu.be/9DEEh2Kr4KE

View Quote

Not bad at all
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 2:59:50 PM EDT
[#30]
the black and white is much better than the color. still, it doesnt look anything like the ps24 core it was compared to early in this post. definetly not the 1000feet, 250 feet, 150 whatever is stated on their webpage, but as of now im order number 14,xxx

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 3:27:48 PM EDT
[#31]
I know it's quite a bit more but seeing the pics make me happy I went with the ThermApp
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 3:29:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Mine arrived today.  No shipping notices.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 3:43:22 PM EDT
[#33]
I would say at 1/5th the price of a Therm-app and 1/10th the price of the nearest FLIR...it is a good starter thermal to see if you really want to invest in a nicer unit.

Although I imagine the video was taken during the day? Try taking one at night and it might have better contrast.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 4:22:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Looks considerably better than the FLIR ONE, not nearly as good as a Therm-App.

For the price, hard to say anything negative about it.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 8:52:54 AM EDT
[#35]
I played around with mine a little bit yesterday evening and early this morning before sunrise.

I am something of a newb when it comes to thermal. We've used FLIR at work for checking bearings and looking for hot spots on gearboxes and that sort of thing. I've looked through many of the thermal optics from FLIR and IR Hunter. I really didn't expect much out of this based on the price and the initial photos. In other words, I didn't expect this to perform like a $5000 (or even $1600) device. That being said, it is worth $200 in my opinion if you just want to play around with thermal outside or use it in a household/job application. I can see this being very handy for checking your house for heat loss or other insulation issues. Outside, the detection and ID abilities are somewhat limited in my opinion, but not worthless.

Here's a video of Fo Dag going out for his morning patrol to chase rabbits. I figure things had cooled off overnight. He is at about 25yds at the beginning of the vid and somewhere between 40-50yds at the end.

http://youtu.be/JiYDxPVRC6A

Fo Dag at about 3yds on a different color

My freezer

Now this one is interesting. I took this photo before sunset yesterday. My dog was standing next to me. Mainly I was just seeing what the pond looked like. This morning while viewing on my PC I noticed the hot figure on the other side of the pond. You can see its reflection in the water. I totally missed it yesterday. Not sure what it was but that is a spot where deer come to drink. It is 60 yds across there from where I was standing.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:42:52 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Mine arrived today.  No shipping notices.
View Quote

I'm still waiting, but may I ask:

What version, iOS or Android did you order/receive ?

What was your order number or range of number if you don't want to give the exact number ?

When did you place your order ?

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:46:47 AM EDT
[#37]
Android
1300 range
10/14/14
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:51:41 AM EDT
[#38]
Thanks,

I'm still waiting to hear of any iOS units being received.

I am in the 260's and ordered around 7:00 AM on 9-25.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 5:41:38 PM EDT
[#39]
While the technical discussion here in the arfom NV forum is top notch, these guys have taken to another level in their discussion of the seek thermal.

http://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/yet-another-cheap-thermal-imager-incoming/

It starts off much like the discussion here, then a member makes a 30 minute tear down video and posts it to you tube. then some discussion of some gradient issues, maybe related to internal heat or the shutter. then they start hacking the app to add new color palettes and remove image noise...

Needless to say, i've subscribed.

Link Posted: 10/27/2014 10:13:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Cool. Thanks for the link.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 10:54:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Tag
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 10:10:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Anyone have an iPhone version in hand yet?  I'm starting to just hope I have it in my hands before deer season almost
a month from now...
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 1:40:41 AM EDT
[#43]
For the guys that have it how do you think this would work in finding downed animals such as deer, hogs, bears, etc. that there's no blood trail on? Any reviews in the woods? I'm sure it would be better in the winter where everything was colder but I'm just wondering if this is worth it for hunting purposes.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:52:23 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
For the guys that have it how do you think this would work in finding downed animals such as deer, hogs, bears, etc. that there's no blood trail on? Any reviews in the woods? I'm sure it would be better in the winter where everything was colder but I'm just wondering if this is worth it for hunting purposes.
View Quote

That's what I'm interested in.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:31:25 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would be good, but I'm not above using it to try to see a deer to shoot in the first place  Can't track down it if I
don't shoot it first...
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:32:08 AM EDT
[#46]
I plan on testing this very thing this weekend and comparing it to my FLIR HM 224 for spotting hogs at varying distances. I also plan on trying it out as a thermometer for the beer cooler and smoker while I'm at it
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:11:18 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

That would be good, but I'm not above using it to try to see a deer to shoot in the first place  Can't track down it if I
don't shoot it first...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

don't shoot it first...

Turkey's in the roost?  HAHA
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 4:53:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

don't shoot it first...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

don't shoot it first...

Go have a friend heat up some chocolate syrup to whatever a deer's usualy body temp is. Have him amke a trail randomly in the woods. You know where he started and thats it.

Now go test it..
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 6:06:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
While the technical discussion here in the arfom NV forum is top notch, these guys have taken to another level in their discussion of the seek thermal.

http://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/yet-another-cheap-thermal-imager-incoming/

It starts off much like the discussion here, then a member makes a 30 minute tear down video and posts it to you tube. then some discussion of some gradient issues, maybe related to internal heat or the shutter. then they start hacking the app to add new color palettes and remove image noise...

Needless to say, i've subscribed.

View Quote

seek's developer's have checked in on page 36. maybe they will be making some improvements.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 7:40:56 AM EDT
[#50]
Some important info from Seek Thermal FB page (a little communication goes a long way...):

Dear Seek Customers:

We apologize again for the delay in shipping cameras. We have had several unanticipated issues that prevented our production from ramping up as quickly as originally planned. We’ve been working closely with our manufacturing partner to address these issues in order to fulfill our backorders as soon as possible.

This is the first time that thermal cameras have been produced on a mass production line, and assembling, aligning, and calibrating the high tech lenses and sensors requires multiple unique steps that have taken longer than we anticipated to ramp up to full capacity. Our company and our manufacturer are both dedicated to continue to increase production as quickly as possible, and we will also be adding a third shift next week. With these measures, and given our current production trends, we hope to catch up with all of the backorders within the next few weeks.

There is an additional issue that is currently preventing us from shipping any further iOS cameras from our existing inventory. Prior to accepting any orders, our cameras received hardware approval from Apple. However, we have recently received unanticipated additional requests from Apple, which we are actively working on with them. We hope to resolve these issues quickly so we can resume shipping the iOS cameras we are now manufacturing and building inventory on.

Our number one priority is getting cameras out to our customers as quickly as possible over the next few weeks.

Best Regards,
The Seek Team
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top