BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 5:28:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Is that an image from the device?

Edit: NVM - I poked around on the link a bit and the image is dated way too long ago to be from these things.  Just as well - otherwise I'd be really tempted to order one right now!  
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 8:25:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I ordered on sept 26th and got a confirmation that it will shio 5-7 days once app was available,  but I haven't heard anything nor received shipping confirmation yet.  App not available on android market place yet as of this morning.
View Quote

app is available on the android marketplace. market sometimes wont show certain apps for certain devices. im on a galaxy s 3. says the app was updated oct 3rd. says it allows recording of thermal images. screenshots dont look all that great in the app thumbnails.

app shows several color palettes available, button to change from still photos to video, record button, and a couple other icons possibly for different temperature modes.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tyriansystems.SeekThermal

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 10:20:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

app is available on the android marketplace. market sometimes wont show certain apps for certain devices. im on a galaxy s 3. says the app was updated oct 3rd. says it allows recording of thermal images. screenshots dont look all that great in the app thumbnails.

app shows several color palettes available, button to change from still photos to video, record button, and a couple other icons possibly for different temperature modes.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I ordered on sept 26th and got a confirmation that it will shio 5-7 days once app was available,  but I haven't heard anything nor received shipping confirmation yet.  App not available on android market place yet as of this morning.

Thanks for link.  I have galaxy s3, but it saids not compatible.....

Edit: got app after I updated android is to 4.3.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 11:42:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Tagged for more reviews and feedback. Very interested.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 12:19:00 AM EDT
[#5]

If that is any actual screen shot I'll order one Friday
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 1:11:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Same here.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 7:02:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Same here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here.

it is not a screen shot from the Seek product.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 11:19:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here.

skypup is conveniently absent during this. VERY misleading of him. Not even thinking about getting this with him pimping it so hard.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 1:07:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Nowhere did I say that coyote was from the Seek-Thermal camera, no one even has one yet as they just now are shipping the Android version and mine is an I-Phone/I-Pad version.

All I said is that "it is something to howl over."

WHICH IT IS!

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 1:09:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

skypup is conveniently absent during this. VERY misleading of him. Not even thinking about getting this with him pimping it so hard.
View Quote

So what, show me where I stated the coyote pic was from the Seek-Thermal?

I am not pimping so hard for you, I ordered one for myself.

No one even has one yet...

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 3:02:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I dont really feel like a pissing match, but you posted a thermal image in a thread you started about a product and when people asked if it was from said product you didnt answer. Extremely misleading.

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 3:21:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I dont really feel like a pissing match, but you posted a thermal image in a thread you started about a product and when people asked if it was from said product you didnt answer. Extremely misleading.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, I'm sorry, I was out hunting late all last night and did not see this until this morning after I slept in and ate breakfast.

Glad to hear that you are not even thinking about getting one for yourself after I slept in this morning though....sorry for the misunderstanding
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 5:55:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Since I have now been called out on this thread for "pimping" this product as well as many others, I decided to post a disclaimer:

I have zero financial interest in SeekThermal corporation and have never used their products in any way shape or form, especially since this is their first product as a new company and it has not even been released to the public yet, I am not one of the entrepreneurial investors in this newly formed start-up corporation.

I purchased one when I first saw it advertised based on the interchangeability of the unit between my I-Phone and my I-Pad and am planning to use it mostly with my I-Pad since I already have a FLIRONE thermal camera on my I-phone, plus it has 6X the pixels of my FLIRONE but it does not have the nice integration of the Visible camera with the Thermal camera that my FLIRONE thermal/visible camera does.

I paid retail price, all the information about it I read on the internet.

When I do get it, I will be sure to test it out on both my I-Phone and IPad and take some thermal photos with it.

End of story......
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 7:01:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
[span style='font-weight: bold;']

When I do get it, I will be sure to test it out on both my I-Phone and IPad and take some thermal photos with it.

End of story......
View Quote

forget that other guy.

listen, would you be willing to do some side by side apples to apples comparisons with the seek and the flir one on the same iphone? I think that's what everyone will want to see.

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 7:12:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Not a problem, hopefully I will have it in hand within the next two weeks.

The Seek Thermal camera is only thermal, no visible integration of the visible camera like the FlirOne, plus it has 6X the pixels for greater thermal resolution and range, it will be much more powerful than the FlirOne is but does not have the MMX software vis/thermal photo mix.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 1:03:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Does anyone know of a good inexpensive lightning-to-lightning cable that can be used as an "extension cord" with this?

The only one I can find is around $25 on Amazon...
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 2:32:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Does anyone know of a good inexpensive lightning-to-lightning cable that can be used as an "extension cord" with this?

The only one I can find is around $25 on Amazon...
View Quote

That is the one I got, have not seen any other, you would think Apple would create one themselves besides all the various USB adapters?

Apparently, purchasing a licensing fee from Apple to create one prohibits their creation.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 3:50:06 PM EDT
[#18]
looking forward to some reviews. This could be really neat
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 7:35:14 AM EDT
[#19]
I keep on waiting............. waiting on the thermal review
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 9:37:30 AM EDT
[#20]
I'm not-so-patiently waiting to get mine, but I figure I have at least another week or two before it's in hand.

Has anyone heard any updates on when they'll ship?  I know because I have an iPhone, they're saving the best for last
so you poor Androidians will get yours first....

Link Posted: 10/9/2014 10:56:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Their FB page said they started shipping last Friday.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 3:00:22 PM EDT
[#22]
I saw 2 on ebay yesterday.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 6:53:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I saw 2 on ebay yesterday.
View Quote

One of them has this disclaimer

"NOTE*- Due to a backorder by the supplier, all Seek Thermals are on a 3-4 week backorder.
I will ship these out on a first-come, first-serve basis.  It might take a while, but rest assured I will ship immediately when I receive them."
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 10:59:07 PM EDT
[#24]
I looked at their Facebook page and found an email address to find out about order status.  I emailed them around noon
today and haven't gotten a response yet.  I figure just like the product itself, they'll be slow in giving one...  It seems kind
of dumb to me to not ship the camera until the app is up.  Get it in customers' hands so that as soon as the app is live,
the camera can be used, not wait another week for it to be shipped.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 1:14:19 AM EDT
[#25]
So I'm patiently waiting for this damn thing to be released.  This looks awesome.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 12:18:38 PM EDT
[#26]
lot's of pissed of people on Facebook that ordered Seek almost three weeks ago with zero communication from the company. The window is coming up where you will have to decide to file a charge-back with your banks or take the gamble that Seek will resolve this.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 12:26:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
lot's of pissed of people on Facebook that ordered Seek almost three weeks ago with zero communication from the company. The window is coming up where you will have to decide to file a charge-back with your banks or take the gamble that Seek will resolve this.
View Quote

Not worried about that whatsoever, the Android version and App are ready and the holdup on the I-Phone/I-Pad is the review process at the Apple App Store since the new IOS 8 came out is taking longer.

Once the App goes live I am sure I will have mine soon thereafter.

Apparently you did not order one yourself and did not communicate with the company either or else you would have know that?

I ordered one and they have answered all of my emails.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 12:32:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Got this from Seek today:

"We decided to hold shipment of all cameras until the apps were released to the respective app stores. We didn't want people to receive cameras that didn't work because there was no app. The Android app was released about a week ago and we are almost caught up with the backlog of those orders. iOS is currently in Review by Apple, and we will turn on shipping for those cameras as well as soon as we are sure the app is going to be approved. Very much appreciate that this is frustrating for consumers, but we are hopeful that everything will be back to normal in the next few weeks."
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 1:49:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Not worried about that whatsoever, the Android version and App are ready and the holdup on the I-Phone/I-Pad is the review process at the Apple App Store since the new IOS 8 came out is taking longer.

Apparently you did not order one yourself and did not communicate with the company either or else you would have know that?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are correct that I did not order one. All the information I am getting is coming from Seek's face-book page. This was just a reminder that a lot of banks have a charge-back period to file a claim and if someone ordered Seek early this month that period is coming to a close.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 5:11:22 PM EDT
[#30]
unboxing of it

Nice addition adding the hard plastic case with it. Everything look well made.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 6:41:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
unboxing of it

Nice addition adding the hard plastic case with it. Everything look well made.
View Quote

that vid was posted October 6th. I've been checking everyday for more in hand user videos and reviews, i havent seen anything yet. as soon as someone gets one in hand here,  im ready to order.

on the other hand, I won a flir one from flir one almost 10 weeks ago and I haven't seen anything from them yet either.

I dont know who to be pissed at more.

Link Posted: 10/14/2014 6:42:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I ordered one, and they haven't responded to my email...  I understand the holdups, but this is a situation where they need to step up their customer service and simply send out an email explaining the situation to everyone who has ordered one.  Not that hard, and it would ease a lot of worried minds.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 7:22:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Got a reply to my email:
Hi Miker84,

Thank you for contacting Seek Support.

We understand that you are interested in getting a status update on your order. Initially our shipments were held pending the release of our companion Android and iOS apps. The Android app released a about a week ago, and the iOS is pending approval from Apple.

As we started fulfilling the backlog of orders we encountered an unexpected shortage of a key component, which has production delayed right now. Shipping will ramp back up in a few days.

All orders are being processed in the order in which they were received, and we are working to get them out to everyone as quickly as possible. When your order ships you will receive an update email with tracking details.

If you have other questions regarding your order, or need to have details from your order modified, please send an email to [email protected] with your order number, and the desired updates.

-Seek Support

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/14/2014 10:58:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Got a reply to my email:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Got a reply to my email:
Hi Miker84,

Thank you for contacting Seek Support.

We understand that you are interested in getting a status update on your order. Initially our shipments were held pending the release of our companion Android and iOS apps. The Android app released a about a week ago, and the iOS is pending approval from Apple.

As we started fulfilling the backlog of orders we encountered an unexpected shortage of a key component, which has production delayed right now. Shipping will ramp back up in a few days.

All orders are being processed in the order in which they were received, and we are working to get them out to everyone as quickly as possible. When your order ships you will receive an update email with tracking details.

If you have other questions regarding your order, or need to have details from your order modified, please send an email to [email protected] with your order number, and the desired updates.

-Seek Support

How hard would it be to send this to every pending andriod order?  I wish seek would have done it.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 11:32:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 3:17:45 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 2:56:07 PM EDT
[#37]
I sent them the email last Thursday and still haven't gotten a response, so I forwarded it to every email address on their site
as well as a request that they send everyone who's ordered a Seek camera explaining what's going on.  We'll see if I get
any responses...

Email I just sent them:

Hello,

I sent this to [email protected] almost a week ago and still have received no answer.  Thus I'm sending it out to
every email listed on your site.

I'm all about customer service, and to have these delays is one thing; to not simply send out an email to customers explaining
the situation is not an illustrious way to start out a company.  If I was you, I'd send a blanket email to everyone who has
ordered on of these units and not yet received it telling them why there are delays, what is being done to correct them, and
give at least a rough timeline as to when we should really expect to receive our Seek camera.  I'm really excited to get mine,
and I hope everything goes well for your company, but it's disappointing to have to go out and research why it's not in my
hand well after the expected delivery date.

One more questions:  are you going to clear all Android orders before shipping out any iPhone units, even after the Apple
app is released?

Thanks and good luck,

TheMountaineer
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 3:49:52 PM EDT
[#38]
disregard
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 11:37:34 AM EDT
[#39]
Imagine how I feel.  I ordered on the 25th, and paid for 2 day shipping.

Edited to add:

There is still no "Seek Thermal" app available for iOS yet.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 12:03:38 PM EDT
[#40]
annoucment on thier facebook page, they are shipping android units again

Link Posted: 10/16/2014 7:14:50 PM EDT
[#41]
I called today and spoke with their "Customer Service" rep.  A pleasant lady but somewhat vague on details.  She stated that the hangup for the iOS (Apple) version of the hardware being shipped is, that Apple has not approved the app for the App Store yet.  She also stated that it was submitted 4-5 weeks ago.  That seems a little odd.  I've known of some developers who've gotten apps approved in the 7-10 days that Apple claims it takes to get an app approved and posted.

I also asked about how orders will be fulfilled once the software is posted.  She claimed that early orders with priority shipping will go out first, then they will be shipped in numeric order.  My order number is below 300, and I saw a facebook post for an android user who claimed he received a shipping notice for his order number in the high 400's.

I'm going to Europe in early November, and would like to have this item to play with while I'm gone.  Hopefully I will.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 7:32:57 PM EDT
[#42]
The Apple App hangup is due to the recent release of IOS 8 and all the apps being upgraded to configure properly with that, it has nothing to do with the Seek-Thermal app, Apple is currently swamped with all app upgrades.

Also, it has nothing to do with licensing like the FLIRONE did with Apple either....which legally can take months and months.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 8:13:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I called today and spoke with their "Customer Service" rep.  A pleasant lady but somewhat vague on details.  She stated that the hangup for the iOS (Apple) version of the hardware being shipped is, that Apple has not approved the app for the App Store yet.  She also stated that it was submitted 4-5 weeks ago.  That seems a little odd.  I've known of some developers who've gotten apps approved in the 7-10 days that Apple claims it takes to get an app approved and posted.

I also asked about how orders will be fulfilled once the software is posted.  She claimed that early orders with priority shipping will go out first, then they will be shipped in numeric order.  My order number is below 300, and I saw a facebook post for an android user who claimed he received a shipping notice for his order number in the high 400's.

I'm going to Europe in early November, and would like to have this item to play with while I'm gone.  Hopefully I will.
View Quote

It may not be legal to take with you depending on where you go and ITAR.

Link Posted: 10/17/2014 4:39:53 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ug..
I ordered on 3 OCT and number is 31XX.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 7:14:13 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I asked about that during my call and was told it was no problem and there was no ITAR issue.  I assume if the vendor does not require you to sign an ITAR document, there is no requirement about export or use outside the US.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 3:35:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Order# 768 - just called and was told that my order shipped and should arrive early next week.   About time! I didn't receive any updates not even tracking number.

Edit: it was on my doorstep when I got home today.   Haven't been able to use yet because app force closes every time.   I have galaxy s3.  Seek app 1.2.1.  Called for help and lady gave me some dude name ryans phone number.  Called ryan (surprised by my call), but he couldnt fix.  Waiting for support to reply to my email.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 8:59:08 AM EDT
[#47]
Great News!!!

I just checked the Apple "App Store" for the iOS version of the Seek Thermal software and it was finally available for download!

Once you download and open it, you can create an account and register on their website.  After you complete the registration form, you're sent a confirmation email.

Once that is complete you're given an opportunity to review the features of the program and camera.

I am hopeful that my unit will ship quickly since the email I received from Seek yesterday claimed that the iOS software was the last requirement to shipping the Apple version of the hardware.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 9:22:05 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Order# 768 - just called and was told that my order shipped and should arrive early next week.   About time! I didn't receive any updates not even tracking number.

Edit: it was on my doorstep when I got home today.   Haven't been able to use yet because app force closes every time.   I have galaxy s3.  Seek app 1.2.1.  Called for help and lady gave me some dude name ryans phone number.  Called ryan (surprised by my call), but he couldnt fix.  Waiting for support to reply to my email.
View Quote

what version of android is your phone on? 4.2, 4.3? you can find it under settings - about phone.

Link Posted: 10/18/2014 9:25:00 AM EDT
[#49]
the truth about guns posted a video, seek thermal viewing a suppressed pistol

http://youtu.be/mPitScHzGCE

Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:57:13 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

what version of android is your phone on? 4.2, 4.3? you can find it under settings - about phone.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Android 4. 3
Seek app 1. 2.1
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top