BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 18
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:28:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Is it the ring of epoxy at the base of the illuminator? Kinda looks like a grey o-ring.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks to your photos, I can see the one minute physical difference between the "C" and .MIL version.

Good eye.  

Is it the ring of epoxy at the base of the illuminator? Kinda looks like a grey o-ring.

Yup. Locks the focus in-place to keep bad boys from being bad.  
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:31:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks to your photos, I can see the one minute physical difference between the "C" and .MIL version.

Good eye.  

Comparing your picture to the TNVC PEQ-15 picture it also looks like its missing the pictogram for the illuminator too.

ETA: So what solution to dissolve epoxy?
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:42:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm betting it goes down in a ways to avoid just that, otherwise that seems pretty easy to defeat.

I also have a high-power Goat (much more potent than the standard-issue "full-power" .MIL Goat), and that's a lot of fun for Ohhh's and Ahhhh's, but pretty useless otherwise. The problem with the .MIL "full-power" Goat is that you can't use the full-power IR illuminator with the low-power IR laser, which is a bummer. This is why I've gone with the Atilla 200 (Codeword: The "Bull" ) on my night guns instead. The configuration and operation on the Bull are a little weird, but when you have it dialed in it's frickin' glorious!
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:47:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

In checking my tracking my package says final destination is in Florida Vic is already aware and is following up Monday with fedex. Says it was picked up the same time as yours but no update on the tracking since and should have come through the same way since I'm not far from marrietta also. I've had bad luck with fed ex shipping the last 6 months. Really hope this didn't a bigger problem but I know TNVC will fix what they can.

ETA: I have searched every possible way through my fed ex account and there is no record of anything coming to me. Not feeling very good about this. Man Monday seems like a long way away. This makes twice in the last 6 months fed ex has screwed the pooch with a package coming to me if it is in fact fedex's fault
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Status:On FedEx vehicle for delivery"

WOOT! I can get this zeroed before my next hunting trip. Will post pic later. I am going to sit on the porch with a coffee w/ Baileys and wait for the FedX truck.

The way fedex and ups run when I want things, add 10 trips to the can, heart burn and the shakes.   Hope it comes on your second cup.

Did not even get the first cup down, doorbell rang and the dogs went apeshit - yep, that's him.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff156/loftusj/ATPIAL-C/P1000753_zpsb23dfc04.jpg

Does FedEx officially deliver Express Saver (the way my package was marked) on Sundays? My Google search on the subject says only in limited markets. I wonder if Atlanta is part of the limited market.

Edit:

The notes on the package also state that the package to be delivered on a weekday.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-QPZnwY-S9ok/VJcBnCL6AeI/AAAAAAABP08/6mZhXyQrI_Q/w716-h818-no/PEQ15.PNG

In checking my tracking my package says final destination is in Florida Vic is already aware and is following up Monday with fedex. Says it was picked up the same time as yours but no update on the tracking since and should have come through the same way since I'm not far from marrietta also. I've had bad luck with fed ex shipping the last 6 months. Really hope this didn't a bigger problem but I know TNVC will fix what they can.

ETA: I have searched every possible way through my fed ex account and there is no record of anything coming to me. Not feeling very good about this. Man Monday seems like a long way away. This makes twice in the last 6 months fed ex has screwed the pooch with a package coming to me if it is in fact fedex's fault

Absolutely NOTHING being delivered to my address according to FEDEX. F-in livid!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:47:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:54:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I'm betting you'll break it and void the warranty and another high priced paperweight.

Vic
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm betting it goes down in a ways to avoid just that, otherwise that seems pretty easy to defeat.

I also have a high-power Goat (much more potent than the standard-issue "full-power" .MIL Goat), and that's a lot of fun for Ohhh's and Ahhhh's, but pretty useless otherwise. The problem with the .MIL "full-power" Goat is that you can't use the full-power IR illuminator with the low-power IR laser, which is a bummer. This is why I've gone with the Atilla 200 (Codeword: The "Bull" ) on my night guns instead. The configuration and operation on the Bull are a little weird, but when you have it dialed in it's frickin' glorious!

I'm betting you'll break it and void the warranty and another high priced paperweight.

Vic

It's only money.  
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:55:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

IIRC the PEQ2 was always popular because of the ability to run hi/lo illuminator separate from the laser.

But I'm sure you have more of those than i have AR mags.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:59:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

IIRC the PEQ2 was always popular because of the ability to run hi/lo illuminator separate from the laser.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not a single one, believe it or not. They always looked like surfboards to me.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 10:02:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And the ATTILA doesn't?

I know there are some guys out there who much prefer the -2A to the -15 because of the ability to run the illuminator separately. Plus, right now they're surprisingly cheap.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 10:08:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Vic
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Vic

Who said anything about breaking it? Dissolving... Come on now, work with us here.

Source for atpial proprietary epoxy and methods for application?
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 10:48:35 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm okay with fixed adjustment but the day l3 goes out of business then all bets are off
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:08:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
And the ATTILA doesn't?

I know there are some guys out there who much prefer the -2A to the -15 because of the ability to run the illuminator separately. Plus, right now they're surprisingly cheap.
View Quote

Dude! The Ram ain't nearly as big as a 2. Sure, that "fin" is weird as all get-out, but the 2 is like slapping a 2x4 on your gun.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:25:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Having mine held at a FedEx facility so I can go pick it up a day early. I'll have it tomorrow morning! So stoked!
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 11:05:43 AM EDT
[#14]

Its worth the wait after using it. I honestly thought I would be disappointed from the performance. I had a full power laser before purchasing this one. Its more powerful than my PEQ2a was on the low setting which is nice. The diffuser actually makes the IR laser useful for targeting without too much bloom of your NODs

I honestly thought I would regret getting rid of my full power for one of these sissy low power lasers. No regrets. Its plenty useful out to TNVCs advertised distances which is all I feel comfy engaging out in complete darkness using lasers

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 11:45:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 11:48:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 11:55:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Glad to see you finally got it!  Thanks for the field report, happy it performed to your expectations. We tried our best to show the actual distances during our extensive testing, thus all the testing pics we took in different environments.  

Also,  thank you for your order.

Vic
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its worth the wait after using it. I honestly thought I would be disappointed from the performance. I had a full power laser before purchasing this one. Its more powerful than my PEQ2a was on the low setting which is nice. The diffuser actually makes the IR laser useful for targeting without too much bloom of your NODs

I honestly thought I would regret getting rid of my full power for one of these sissy low power lasers. No regrets. Its plenty useful out to TNVCs advertised distances which is all I feel comfy engaging out in complete darkness using lasers

<a href="http://s301.photobucket.com/user/cclement45/media/20141221_143626_zps7hh2rpqc.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn63/cclement45/20141221_143626_zps7hh2rpqc.jpg</a>

Glad to see you finally got it!  Thanks for the field report, happy it performed to your expectations. We tried our best to show the actual distances during our extensive testing, thus all the testing pics we took in different environments.  

Vic

Performed past my expectations. I can actually leave this thing mounted without worry of someone knowing what it is now. Very pleased. I haven't stretched it out past 50 yards or so yet, but have no doubt itll get to 150 yards no problem. I wish the illuminator wasn't fixed, but really its about where I would leave it at anyways. Its a good compromise between flood and beam for the given distance these are effective in.

Give Kristen a raise for helping me out and getting this bad boy to me for this weekend.

For those of you using an offset zero at a given range, how are you doing it? Say I zero it at 50 yards, should I make the POA about an inch high and a tid bit to the right of POI?
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:02:53 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Performed past my expectations. I can actually leave this thing mounted without worry of someone knowing what it is now. Very pleased. I haven't stretched it out past 50 yards or so yet, but have no doubt itll get to 150 yards no problem. I wish the illuminator wasn't fixed, but really its about where I would leave it at anyways. Its a good compromise between flood and beam for the given distance these are effective in.

Give Kristen a raise for helping me out and getting this bad boy to me for this weekend.

For those of you using an offset zero at a given range, how are you doing it? Say I zero it at 50 yards, should I make the POA about an inch high and a tid bit to the right of POI?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

<a href="http://s301.photobucket.com/user/cclement45/media/20141221_143626_zps7hh2rpqc.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn63/cclement45/20141221_143626_zps7hh2rpqc.jpg</a>

Vic

You din't get the zeroing target that was supposed to be included?
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:55:17 PM EDT
[#19]
"Full" or high-power IR lasers are utterly useless for civilians. You're never going to shoot out beyond 500 meters using NODs and an IR laser, and the low-power IR lasers will go much farther.

It's the IR laser ILLUMINATOR that benefits from higher output at longer ranges. Being able to clearly light up an area at 500+ meters is a great feature, but since that just isn't available in the .CIV laser world the "C" looks like the best option available, unless you want to bulk-up and go LED.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:02:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Vic

I did, but it seems like its just like a 25m zero target for a M4, except with circles where the rounds should hit for the rifle when using the laser. Seems to me like this is just to get you on target at a farther range.

So how would you do it when you zero at say 50 or 100 yards

Or maybe zeroing it at 25 yards and using the appropriate circle is good enough to be considered zeroed since its a laser.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:22:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Individuals can't buy them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
They're using the same pouch and packaging as the real .MIL unit as well. Very cool!

It's essentially IDENTICAL -- except it's "not."  

(I've bought a number of new .MIL units, and they come identically packaged / sealed)

How are you able to get new MIL PEQ-15's? There's guys coming back that haven't even shaken the sand off their boots yet that can't get them.

So you're getting them on LEO letterhead? What agency issues multiple PEQ's to one person to use on their personal weapons? Didn't know you were a cop, I though someone mentioned that you owned a computer parts business.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:22:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:25:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:30:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I did, but it seems like its just like a 25m zero target for a M4, except with circles where the rounds should hit for the rifle when using the laser. Seems to me like this is just to get you on target at a farther range.

Or maybe zeroing it at 25 yards and using the appropriate circle is good enough to be considered zeroed since its a laser.
View Quote

I prefer constant offset zero to avoid cross over confusion at longer distances.

I zero my day optics at 50m (or your prefer distances) and adjust the laser to have the same horizontal offset. The vertical elevations are about the same - this give me a similar line of sight as my day optic. You can do this with the visible laser near dusk or dawn with your Elcan. Draw some thick vertical and horizontal reference lines on the target.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:36:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I prefer constant offset zero to avoid cross over confusion at longer distances.

I zero my day optics at 50m (or your prefer distances) and adjust the laser to have the same horizontal offset. The vertical elevations are about the same - this give me a similar line of sight as my day optic. You can do this with the visible laser near dusk or dawn with your Elcan. Draw some thick vertical and horizontal reference lines on the target.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So essentially you are zeroing your laser a 1'' high and 1'' to the right of POI to accommodate the offset of the laser from bore correct?
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:38:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:52:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

So essentially you are zeroing your laser a 1'' high and 1'' to the right of POI to accommodate the offset of the laser from bore correct?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

At 50m, my day optic poa is the same as poi. The laser is ~1" to the right, but the elevation is about the same. This zero gives me consistent hits with a full size ipsc steel target at 250-275 yds

It will not give you a precise poi at various distances, but it works fine for my intended purpose at <300 yds.

If you want exact poa = poi, you will need to zero it at the exact distance you want. Hope this help.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 3:07:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

At 50m, my day optic poa is the same as poi. The laser is ~1" to the right, but the elevation is about the same. This zero gives me consistent hits with a full size ipsc steel target at 250-275 yds

It will not give you a precise poi at various distances, but it works fine for my intended purpose at <300 yds.

If you want exact poa = poi, you will need to zero it at the exact distance you want. Hope this help.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes it does. Ill just zero it for 50 with a offset ~1" to the right and call it a day. Its a laser and not a precision device.

I overthink things too much
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 4:14:41 PM EDT
[#29]
My PEQ-15 was supposed to be delivered on the 24th but...

It is taking every ounce of will that I posses, not to leave my office and go play Tier 1 Operator for the rest of the afternoon.

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 4:33:13 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
So you're getting them on LEO letterhead? What agency issues multiple PEQ's to one person to use on their personal weapons? Didn't know you were a cop, I though someone mentioned that you owned a computer parts business.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They're using the same pouch and packaging as the real .MIL unit as well. Very cool!

It's essentially IDENTICAL -- except it's "not."  

(I've bought a number of new .MIL units, and they come identically packaged / sealed)

How are you able to get new MIL PEQ-15's? There's guys coming back that haven't even shaken the sand off their boots yet that can't get them.

It is often said "that we fear things that which we don't understand. And tend to destroy things that which we fear". Clearly no one understands how TheHorta moves. But why the hate? As a general man-rule-of-thumb you should probably MYOFB.

This isn't GD or the PIT so its probably even more advisable to MYOFB.

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 5:16:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Mine came two days early, I'm impressed with how light it is. Now to decide which rifle to use it on.
20141222_140924_1 by tb5252, on Flickr
20141222_125632_1 by tb5252, on Flickr
20141222_125908_1 by tb5252, on Flickr
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 5:22:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not a LEO. Not trying to be a dick, but there is only so much info I can provide. I'm not Secret Squirrel either, but one would have to assume I'm able to access things most people are not. Most of the stuff I play with isn't exactly easy to come by.

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 5:23:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Mine came two days early, I'm impressed with how light it is. Now to decide which rifle to use it on.
<a href="https://flic.kr/p/qdAmCS" target="_blank">https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7505/15895063610_c9d4f94307_c.jpg</a>20141222_140924_1 by tb5252, on Flickr
<a href="https://flic.kr/p/qsRZuu" target="_blank">https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8648/16056545216_41704887ff_c.jpg</a>20141222_125632_1 by tb5252, on Flickr
<a href="https://flic.kr/p/py9C4L" target="_blank">https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8647/15460015754_37f301dd94_c.jpg</a>20141222_125908_1 by tb5252, on Flickr
View Quote

Wow! That is DARK. Did you touch it up, or did it come that dark?
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 5:28:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's a tough decision, to make it easy, get one for each.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 5:34:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
<a href="https://flic.kr/p/qdAmCS" target="_blank">https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7505/15895063610_c9d4f94307_c.jpg</a>20141222_140924_1 by tb5252, on Flickr
<a href="https://flic.kr/p/qsRZuu" target="_blank">https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8648/16056545216_41704887ff_c.jpg</a>20141222_125632_1 by tb5252, on Flickr
<a href="https://flic.kr/p/py9C4L" target="_blank">https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8647/15460015754_37f301dd94_c.jpg</a>20141222_125908_1 by tb5252, on Flickr

Some might be the photo editing but the pictures are pretty accurate of color and light. I think its beautiful.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 5:55:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Mine just came in :))) just co-witnessed it with my EOTech. My dual button remote now doesn't have a cable dangling off lol. Now to wait for the sun to go down...
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 6:10:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Is the lens of the illuminator supposed to be angled? I don't get a full circle under nv with it.
20141222_160346_resized by tb5252, on Flickr
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 6:17:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Is the lens of the illuminator supposed to be angled? I don't get a full circle under nv with it.
<a href="https://flic.kr/p/qdJTQ4" target="_blank">https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7550/15896729439_776c131fd5_c.jpg</a>20141222_160346_resized by tb5252, on Flickr
View Quote

Ill have to look at mine. But I don't recall anything like that.

My Illuminator on mine is full circle under NODs.

Im sorry borther
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 6:22:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Yep mine is whack after looking at tnvc's photos. Wonderful.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 6:24:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
<a href="https://flic.kr/p/qdJTQ4" target="_blank">https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7550/15896729439_776c131fd5_c.jpg</a>20141222_160346_resized by tb5252, on Flickr
View Quote

It shouldn't affect optical output much, if any. I've seen all kinds of "crooked" lens covers (that's all they are -- covers) on the .MIL units. Using the low-power output on the .MIL PEQ-15 the illumination is rarely a perfect circle, but seems to be what looks like a circle with the top and bottom 20% cut-off.

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 6:33:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Not sure how to explain it but the little plastic piece behind the lens is thin on one side and thick on the other, while being angled. Is that normal? Inside it's anything but a circle, I'll wait till dark and go outside and see.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 6:39:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Not sure how to explain it but the little plastic piece behind the lens is thin on one side and thick on the other, while being angled. Is that normal? Inside it's anything but a circle, I'll wait till dark and go outside and see.
View Quote

Yes, that 'lens' is canted on the real PEQ-15's as well.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 6:40:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

I can't see by your photo, but I am assuming it's epoxy / glue / sealant build-up  more on one side than the other making the clear orifice cover look uneven, which is pretty common and doesn't really impact performance. If that's not what you're describing then it certainly could be a different issue. The exit should be perfectly round.

Honestly, I've seen all kinds of different issues with the .MIL PEQs I've either had, seen or used and each one seems to look or do something just a little different from another one, but they've all performed satisfactorily. This is an L3 issue and not a TNVC matter (obviously), and I'm willing to wager we're going to see a LOT more of these types of posts, mostly from scared perfectionists that freak out if a hair is out of place (not saying this is you).

Can you take more / close macro photos? The exit should be round.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 6:58:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's reassuring.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 7:34:01 PM EDT
[#45]
TannerB. Mine actually looks like that as well. I didnt notice it before. My illuminator works fine though
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 8:55:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Under complete darkness I get a full circle, but if there is a little light the top and bottom wash out and I just have a bar of illumination.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 8:58:46 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Under complete darkness I get a full circle, but if there is a little light the top and bottom wash out and I just have a bar of illumination.
View Quote

Should we group buy your unit as a test bed to unleash the full-power beamz?
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 9:00:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 9:42:49 PM EDT
[#49]
FedEx man left me a nice package from TNVC today. Loving the ATPIAL-C!

Link Posted: 12/23/2014 1:39:34 AM EDT
[#50]
She came in today! Love it!

" />

" />
Page / 18
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top