Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2014 7:16:00 PM EDT
Looking for maybe a site sponsor or someone who has done this.

Looking to rent for a weekend/week long to see if this is something I really want to purchase down the road.  It would be nice to try it out before I go head first and dive in spending 3500+ without knowing.

How much would it likely cost?  Does anyone out there rent?  I have a place to hunt so I would use it for a week long hog trip to try it out.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 8:20:20 PM EDT
[#1]
To really use it for hunting, you'd need to rent more than just the PVS-14.  You'd likely need a helmet and mount, and a weapon mounted IR laser.

If you're serious about hunting at night, then trust us when we say you want a PVS-14 and you should start saving now...  the $$ you will spend on renting one would only be wasted when you realize how bad you want one.

I would suggest maybe trying to find an ARF member nearby that might be sympathetic, meet up with you and let you gaze through them for about 10 minutes...  Again, you will be sold.

You're only question should really be, how much can I save, and how quickly can I save it.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 9:05:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 2:04:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 5:47:39 AM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You can look at our well received TNV-14's.  We have never had a TNV-14 returned for any non like reasons and we just had a pretty big sale in the $2800 range, not $3500. .  We are proud to say we have a 100% satisfaction rate on both our ITT and L3 tube units. The L3 units are the ones who are really shining as of late. We are a Site Sponsor here and have an incredible reputation we've upheld for many years, and we take that serious and feel we've earned it serving thousands of customers here.

PM me if you like and we can talk about our TNV-14 NVG's and our no questions asked return policy on these.

Vic
View Quote

He's not kidding.

If you are certain you want to buy and just want to make sure you get the right stuff, these guys are a great way to go.

Link Posted: 8/30/2014 6:41:03 AM EDT
[#5]
I can understand renting thermals but not night vision.

No way would I rent an I2 tube out where it can easily be abused by an inexperienced user. Rent out good tubes and you risk having them ruined by the first user. Rent out beater tubes and customers won't get a great experience and might not buy.

I could see joint rental ventures between retailers and hunting guide companies, but not blind rentals.

ETA: You'll end up with a PVS14 anyways. I'll go ahead and recommend the TNV-14. Is an awesome unit with a better warranty than the milspec unit and is a cleaner brighter tube than any I've ever been issued.

Link Posted: 8/30/2014 7:39:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Where are you in georgia?
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 8:13:49 AM EDT
[#7]
+1 for UNV they are gtg and site sponsors.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 12:26:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top