Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2014 11:52:45 AM EDT
My Team Wendy EXFIL Ballistic Helmet just arrived. The brown truck driver handed me a box and I though, for sure, TW had made a mistake. The only ballistic helmets I've had any experience with are the PAS and MICH issue units, which compress vertebrae and make you a hunchback dwarf after extended use, so I was almost depressed when I picked up the box, thinking TW mistakenly shipped me another LTP. Also in the box was the Multicam LTP mesh cover (individually boxed). Fortunately, I got what I ordered -- an XL ("Size 2") EXFIL Ballistic. It comes with a complete, additional set of pads, bungees, and Picatinny rail sections.

Holy CRAP! This thing is LIGHT!

I couldn't WAIT to try it on, so I snugged it down and snapped it to my melon right out of the box (after the photos below). I didn't change a single thing aside from tightening the chinstrap.

In a nutshell, it's MORE comfortable and actually FEELS LIGHTER than their plastic LTP bump helmet. How is this possible?!?! I'm not exaggerating in the slightest. I would MUCH rather wear the EXFIL Ballistic than the LTP, hands-down.

What manner of sorcery is this?

I'm going to load both up with everything and will take some more photos, but I can honestly say (without any benefit from TW or anyone) I can't see how anything could be better than this. I want to sleep in this thing! It's like wearing a weightless pillow. Assuming it offers the same level of protection as other ballistic helmets out there, don't bother waiting months for a high-end ballistic helmet -- just order the Team Wendy EXFIL Ballistic -- TODAY!

It's like a therapeutic massage for your melon.

TW EXFIL Ballistic -- Ritual Box Opening:

TW EXFIL LTP and TW EXFIL Ballistic:

Same as above, but LTP with Multicam Mesh Cover:

TW EXFIL Ballistic on the scale:

TW EXFIL LTP -- about 19-ounces lighter than its Big Bad-Ass Brother:

More photos and info to follow. I'll be spending some hours with it tonight, and will take photos after fully equipping it with Dual Tubes and COTI, Beacon, IR / Vis Light, ComTac IV Comms, Super Special Operator Patches, and maybe some cow manure.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 12:37:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Horta, can't wait for your review.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:04:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:50:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I would like to thank Team Wendy for turning me into a lethal, bad-ass operator. This is my "don't fuck with me" glare of intimidation.

Gives me chills just looking at it, and I apologize in advance if I frighten any of you. And whatever you do, DO NOT let your ladies see this photo unless you want to lose them forever. I mean, seriously, after seeing this, who could blame them?

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 9:44:31 PM EDT
[#4]
No Copenhagen in the lip=not operator. Sorry.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 9:59:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Are you one of the guys buying all of the 22 ammo

Have you increased your homeowners Ins as it relates to personal property since you started collecting?
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 10:55:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are you one of the guys buying all of the 22 ammo

Have you increased your homeowners Ins as it relates to personal property since you started collecting?
View Quote

If you're operator enough, you don't need anything more than .22LR.

It's funny you mention the homeowner's insurance. I was thinking the same thing (living in "Tornado Alley"). Guess I'll be calling my agent tomorrow.

As far as Copenhagen is concerned, I'm so operator, I actually swallow... err... wait... that just sounds... wrong...
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 3:49:06 AM EDT
[#7]
No blue squiggles.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 11:15:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
No blue squiggles.
View Quote

Even the best need something to aspire to. No doubt, I'm a high-drag, low-speed death machine, but I'm also man enough to admit that I'm not yet worthy enough to wear The Blue Squiggle.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 7:17:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I would like to thank Team Wendy for turning me into a lethal, bad-ass operator. This is my "don't fuck with me" glare of intimidation.

Gives me chills just looking at it, and I apologize in advance if I frighten any of you. And whatever you do, DO NOT let your ladies see this photo unless you want to lose them forever. I mean, seriously, after seeing this, who could blame them?

http://huntsvillebible.com/images/biff/tw/tw_doublestuff.jpg
View Quote

at first I was all like man thats a sweet setup and i was admiring the optics, then I scrolled down and saw "call sign: double stuff"

at that point, I lost it
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 7:59:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Could you do a comparison next to the OC and Airframe I'm sure you also own?
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 5:26:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Could you do a comparison next to the OC and Airframe I'm sure you also own?
View Quote

Sit tight, I'll get back to you on that.  
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 6:26:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

I messed up....My GF saw your picture and now she wants your phone # and address. She is packing up her stuff and says she is leaving me.
Horta!!! DAM YOU!!!!!!!!

[URL=http://s91.photobucket.com/user/MrPlayer/media/imagejpg6_zpse8fc7cf1.jpg.html][/URL
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 6:29:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I messed up....My GF saw your picture and now she wants your phone # and address. She is packing up her stuff and says she is leaving me.
Horta!!! DAM YOU!!!!!!!!

[URL=http://s91.photobucket.com/user/MrPlayer/media/imagejpg6_zpse8fc7cf1.jpg.html]http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k281/MrPlayer/imagejpg6_zpse8fc7cf1.jpg[/URL
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Horta!!! DAM YOU!!!!!!!!

[URL=http://s91.photobucket.com/user/MrPlayer/media/imagejpg6_zpse8fc7cf1.jpg.html]http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k281/MrPlayer/imagejpg6_zpse8fc7cf1.jpg[/URL

I'm sorry, brother, but I did warn you.

It's a curse I'm forced to bear. Fortunately for you, it's your lucky day -- I don't date green chicks.  

No one can understand my burdens. No one.  
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 6:53:07 PM EDT
[#14]
I have a size 8 head.

Wendy is being a cold hearted bitch to me.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 7:59:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I have a size 8 head.

Wendy is being a cold hearted bitch to me.
View Quote

I'm 7/8th's. I use the least amount of padding in the ballistic (there are two "layers" in there) and it's snug, but very comfortable.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 8:54:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Damn your eyes Sir!  You just made me order one.  
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 2:26:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

The moment you get it and put it on your spud, report back. It's freaky-good. Almost like a massage for your noggin.

Sorry about the $1,000 missing from your bank account.  
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 9:07:20 AM EDT
[#18]
I'm curious. Does anyone have any info on accessories for the rails?

I can find anything I need for the ARC rails I have on my TC-2001, but I have no idea what's out there for the TW rails.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 12:52:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I can find anything I need for the ARC rails I have on my TC-2001, but I have no idea what's out there for the TW rails.
View Quote

I'm sure TNVC has that info, but the pickin's are much slimmer than for the ARC. The helmet comes with Picatinny rails that can be affixed to run standard 1913 stuff, and the TW ComTac adapters work great (they're on my helmet above, holding the ComTac IV's), but I don't know if you can run the ear pro adapters and the Pic rails together. There doesn't seem to be much room left over.

If you're not running EP or Comms, the Pic rail adapters should give you a lot of options.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 1:10:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I'm sure TNVC has that info, but the pickin's are much slimmer than for the ARC. The helmet comes with Picatinny rails that can be affixed to run standard 1913 stuff, and the TW ComTac adapters work great (they're on my helmet above, holding the ComTac IV's), but I don't know if you can run the ear pro adapters and the Pic rails together. There doesn't seem to be much room left over.

If you're not running EP or Comms, the Pic rail adapters should give you a lot of options.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Id like to see goggle retainers, direct mount light rings,  and a contour mount. But the pic rails are universal enough.

Maybe unity will pick this up?
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 3:52:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

The moment you get it and put it on your spud, report back. It's freaky-good. Almost like a massage for your noggin.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just got it today. Stupid of me to order on Friday night of a 3-day weekend.   WOW that thing is light!! Unbelievably light.  Good snug fit, although I removed the top thin pads, as it seems to sit a little high.

As Horta said - feels like wearing a pillow on your head.

I have only one question - which lanyard for the W mount?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top