Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 11:10:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I got mine today and I'm super impressed so far. It looks like it is new and unissued (there is not a scratch or a spec of dirt/sand anywhere on it)! I got a cheap pvs-14 mount on amazon for $65 and it mounts great on my AR. Is there any problem using this with an EoTech 512 or with a Primary Arms Red dot?

Pics:

Link Posted: 9/14/2014 9:28:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I got a chance to take my Night Spirit II out last night and look around. I was able to see a pump jack very clearly at about 200 yards! I've noticed that it will work great on this rifle by using the EoTech 512 on a really low setting, combined with the LaRue mount. I'm super happy with it so far!

Not sure if I should be happy or pissed that apex got me interested in night vision...

And damnit, now I need to get a flash suppressor mount for my SpecWar Suppressor for this rifle too.

Link Posted: 9/15/2014 3:43:44 PM EDT
[#3]
512 or 552 EOTech? I thought 512's weren't NV compatible?

Or you are leaving the visible 512 reticle on, just on a very low setting?
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 4:11:54 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

512 or 552 EOTech? I thought 512's weren't NV compatible?

Or you are leaving the visible 512 reticle on, just on a very low setting?
View Quote
I have the 512 and I understand that it is "not NV compatible" but I am able to turn it down so much that it is invisible to the naked eye and when looking through the NV the 512 reticle is clean and crisp with no blurring or bleeding.

Link Posted: 9/28/2014 3:50:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 4:53:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It is interesting to see how these ex-SOC night vision devices are being put to good use.
There are many of them in the hands of our customers now.

On Friday evening I listed the US Night Vision brand PVS-14A Generation 3 viewers:

https://www.apexgunparts.com/images/Collectibles/07AUG14_SAM-RAM-PVS14_SMALL02.jpg

The picture shows one on the SAMSON RAM flip-to-side mounts that we sell at APEX.
The USNV manufacturer part number for the PVS14A is = #000059.
I actually spoke to the good people at US Night Vision and they explained all the great features this viewer has.
ATN and MOROVision have also been very friendly & helpful.

https://apexgunparts.com/images/WiseLiteArms/PVS14_Gen3_1.jpg

You can see that these units have the same signs of service use as the other night vision units that I have sold.
The PVS-14A's have all been powered on and tested to ensure they function and the IR source is working.

Richard

View Quote

Is it just me or is this a good deal on a "loaner" PVS-14?
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 9:14:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It is interesting to see how these ex-SOC night vision devices are being put to good use.

On Friday evening I listed the US Night Vision brand PVS-14A Generation 3 viewers:

https://www.apexgunparts.com/images/Collectibles/07AUG14_SAM-RAM-PVS14_SMALL02.jpg

The picture shows one on the SAMSON RAM flip-to-side mounts that we sell at APEX.
I actually spoke to the good people at US Night Vision and they explained all the great features this viewer has.

You can see that these units have the same signs of service use as the other night vision units that I have sold.
The PVS-14A's have all been powered on and tested to ensure they function and the IR source is working.

Richard

I was thinking the same thing, but not knowing much about NV I'm waiting for the informed to speak up.  If people are spending $7-800 on Apex's gen2 monoculars without much complaint these must be a good buy, right?
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 11:53:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Well apex wish you would have told some of us you guys would be getting the gen3, i probably would have waited to buy this instead of the gen 2.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 12:33:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 12:37:26 PM EDT
[#10]
What is the omni designation for the tube on these pvs14a's?
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 3:38:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I was thinking the same thing, but not knowing much about NV I'm waiting for the informed to speak up.  If people are spending $7-800 on Apex's gen2 monoculars without much complaint these must be a good buy, right?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Richard

im VERY happy with my ps14 especially once i got it helmet mounted
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 4:37:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Now that apex is an industry partner can the deleted messages be restored, please?
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 4:43:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Now that apex is an industry partner can the deleted messages be restored, please?
View Quote

What was deleted? Do you know who complained?
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 4:44:25 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Go look at the first few pages of the thread. All of apex's posts were deleted by JLA.

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 5:01:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Are the PVS-14s sold out? They are no longer on the web sight.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 6:13:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Are the PVS-14s sold out? They are no longer on the web sight.
View Quote

Probably.

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 7:05:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 7:29:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Go look at the first few pages of the thread. All of apex's posts were deleted by JLA.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What a crock of shit. Yep, as someone else said before, some pigs are more equal than others in this forum. Next time, he should have just slapped Flir stickers on it and advertised them to his hearts content. Flir gets a free pass here and doesn't need an industry account and it's getting really old.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 7:48:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

What a crock of shit. Yep, as someone else said before, some pigs are more equal than others in this forum. Next time, he should have just slapped Flir stickers on it and advertised them to his hearts content. Flir gets a free pass here and doesn't need an industry account and it's getting really old.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It isn't just on the NV boards.  AMSEC gets a free ride over in the safes & home security section.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 7:52:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Careful, call out the wrong people here and you'll be called a stalker.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:01:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:14:44 PM EDT
[#22]
So nobody knows what omni designation the tubes are?
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:15:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
If you guys want to keep this thread, please keep it on track.
View Quote

Fair enough. Speaking of fairness, any chance those deleted posts can be put back up?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:18:40 AM EDT
[#24]
Apex, can you please post a picture of the tube so we can figure out what omni designation these are?

I also sent you guys a PM, about a multiple order, but never heard back and just saw they were pulled from the website. Please let us know when they are put back up.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:29:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:32:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Thank you for speaking out loud but like others have said lets not mention any names before they have a reason to delete this thread.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you for speaking out loud but like others have said lets not mention any names before they have a reason to delete this thread.

*snort*
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 1:24:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

shhhhh, silence is golden.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 2:04:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 2:05:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 2:09:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Hey, apexgunparts, are you guys getting any other Iraq bring back stuff?  Uppers, scopes, or other parts?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 2:10:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Links please?

ETA: Please email them to me: [email protected]

For reference, there's a REPORT button (in posts) that you can use if you feel something's inappropriate, unfair, or in violation of site rules.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It isn't just on the NV boards.  AMSEC gets a free ride over in the safes & home security section.  

Links please?

ETA: Please email them to me: [email protected]

For reference, there's a REPORT button (in posts) that you can use if you feel something's inappropriate, unfair, or in violation of site rules.

PM sent.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 2:16:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Please, tell me what the crock of shit is? The fact that we allowed this thread to continue alone gives a pretty clear indication that we're as fair as can be. This after APEX, who was not an IP at the time, posted direct promos in the thread. Those posts were deleted as they should have been, and when I spoke with APEX (who was already an advertiser with us in the Footer) they understood and decided to add an Industry Partner package to their advertising account. No issues from them, but apparently some of you feel offended for  them.

Those posts were made when they were not an IP, and therefore there is no  reason to restore them. APEX knows what they can and cannot post now, and are welcome to add any technical data you're looking for in a new post.

Not sure what makes you think FLIR gets a pass when there are plenty of posts about numerous NV manufacturers, but obviously there's no way to please everyone no matter how fair they're treated in reality.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please, tell me what the crock of shit is? The fact that we allowed this thread to continue alone gives a pretty clear indication that we're as fair as can be. This after APEX, who was not an IP at the time, posted direct promos in the thread. Those posts were deleted as they should have been, and when I spoke with APEX (who was already an advertiser with us in the Footer) they understood and decided to add an Industry Partner package to their advertising account. No issues from them, but apparently some of you feel offended for  them.

Those posts were made when they were not an IP, and therefore there is no  reason to restore them. APEX knows what they can and cannot post now, and are welcome to add any technical data you're looking for in a new post.

Not sure what makes you think FLIR gets a pass when there are plenty of posts about numerous NV manufacturers, but obviously there's no way to please everyone no matter how fair they're treated in reality.

You're kidding, right? You really can't see the bias in this forum? Go on ahead, shoot the messenger. (and don't think I'm the only one who notices this, there are others, and it's been discussed elsewhere). I'm outta here. And please rename this to the FLIR industry forum, that would be more appropriate.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 2:36:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 3:42:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Complainers have to complain.  I come here to learn and this place gets it done.   And drop that amsec crud.  That guy has been so informative, I had no idea, it was like I was blind but can now see.  

now on task did we ever find any tube specs?   If they are better than my junk 7 I would like a small upgrade.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:22:51 PM EDT
[#35]
The PVS-14's are back up on Apex, I ordered one. I picked up 2 of the night spirit 2's last time and have been happy with them. I hope the PVS-14 I just ordered is just as good.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:35:53 PM EDT
[#36]
I ordered a cctv 25mm 1x lens to try on my night spirit. I think it will fit as a replacement for the 3x. If it works out, it'll be a pretty decent backup rig for my pvs14.

That latest batch of 14's looks interesting. Looking forward to some reviews.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:11:43 PM EDT
[#37]
The  Night Spirit is CS mount.  You can use C mount lenses with a 5mm CS to C spacer.  I have both a Computar 25mm 1.3 and a Pentax 25mm 1.4 and they work fine.  Just make sure whatever C mount lens you use is designed for 1 inch format so the whole tube is filled.  Smaller format lenses (1/2 etc...) will work but you"ll likely have a dark border where the image is smaller than the tube.  Can post pics later if anyone wants to see.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:26:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
The  Night Spirit is CS mount.  You can use C mount lenses with a 5mm CS to C spacer.  I have both a Computar 25mm 1.3 and a Pentax 25mm 1.4 and they work fine.  Just make sure whatever C mount lens you use is designed for 1 inch format so the whole tube is filled.  Smaller format lenses (1/2 etc...) will work but you"ll likely have a dark border where the image is smaller than the tube.  Can post pics later if anyone wants to see.
View Quote

Sure. Post 'em up.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:35:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Computar 25mm 1.3

Pentax 25mm 1.4

5mm CS to C adapter

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:14:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 7:53:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Well, first chink in the armor. My Night Spirit won't power up. It has done this before and all I had to do was pull the battery and put it back. Maybe a short, I don't know.

Edit: It is working now. Not sure exactly what I did to fix it. Took the 4 screws out of the switch housing to check voltage and it started working again.Tested it a couple of times over the past couple of days and it fires up every time if I leave the battery out. If I leave the battery in overnight, it may or may not startup and I have to reset the battery. I usually leave the battery out of my PVS14 if it will be unused for a week. Guess I'll have to pull this battery every time, but that is ok for what I'm doing with it.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:13:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Are the PVS-14's gone or just another temporary removal from the site?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:54:33 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 11:45:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Got my pvs-14 today. I am new to nv and this is the first gen 3 I have looked through. It seems to me to be in great condition. There is a small blem in the tube, but it is  barely noticeable. I am super happy with this thing and cant believe it was only $1199. Thank You Apex gun parts, I feel like I got a  bargain
" />
" />
" />
" />
camper is about 25 yards. The area is ir illuminated from an outdoor nv camera
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 3:36:01 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Got my pvs-14 today. I am new to nv and this is the first gen 3 I have looked through. It seems to me to be in great condition. There is a small blem in the tube, but it is  barely noticeable. I am super happy with this thing and cant believe it was only $1199. Thank You Apex gun parts, I feel like I got a  bargain
http://<a href=http://i1340.photobucket.com/albums/o734/PanhandleAR/pvs-14022_zps480e600e.jpg</a>" />
http://<a href=http://i1340.photobucket.com/albums/o734/PanhandleAR/pvs-14024_zps9de636aa.jpg</a>" />
http://<a href=http://i1340.photobucket.com/albums/o734/PanhandleAR/pvs-14020_zps48340840.jpg</a>" />
http://<a href=http://i1340.photobucket.com/albums/o734/PanhandleAR/pvs-14016_zpsd40c3cdc.jpg</a>" />
camper is about 25 yards. The area is ir illuminated from an outdoor nv camera
View Quote

Looks good for what you paid. Nice looking tube with only a very minor blem.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:01:49 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

There were only 21 to start with.
I think there may be one left available for purchase.
You will need to call my SALES office for details.
719-481-2050

Richard

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are the PVS-14's gone or just another temporary removal from the site?

There were only 21 to start with.
I think there may be one left available for purchase.
You will need to call my SALES office for details.
719-481-2050

Richard

Just called, all sold out.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:57:27 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 12:26:37 PM EDT
[#48]

Thank you!!!

I have an older NAIT monocular that uses C-mount lenses. That adapter opens up a lot of possibilities since I have a few lenses for the NAIT.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 2:36:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Richard,

Has anyone who bought a PVS-14A from you/Apex returned it? If so, what has been the reasoning? Use? Failure?
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 2:53:01 PM EDT
[#50]
I returned one of the pv-14 gen 2. It had quite a few blems, and I decided to send it back. The sales people gave no static about the return. I was only out $12 for shipping.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top