Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/11/2014 6:33:56 AM EDT
I was convinced to sell my PVS-7's, so I am going to bridge my 14's after all, but I am looking at either the NVDepot Dual Headmount Adapter or the N-Vision Dual PVS-14 Adapter, or maybe something else that takes a USGI Bayonet mount.

The NVDepot seems like the cheapest solution at $189 and I'm leaning that direction, especially since it looks fairly easy to remove on of the 14's to have a friend use it on the fly.

I'm just looking for some feedback from actual owners because most of the dual 14 mount threads are all high dollar solutions.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 7:49:12 PM EDT
[#1]
well, i contacted NVdepot about one of these. I guess i'll be giving the first review if nobody else speaks up.

NVDepot doesn't have an arfcom discount like some of the other vendors, do they?
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 8:10:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Let me know what you think of it, I'm eying it myself but don't have a second unit yet lol
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 11:08:53 AM EDT
[#3]
will do. haven't heard back from nvdpot yet, but its the weekend.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 11:32:24 AM EDT
[#4]
I placed an order today. I'll make a new thread with some pictures when it arrives. It was also $135 + s/h, not the $189 they show on the website, so that was actually nice, since I'm a cheap bastard.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 11:44:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes please do! The standard rhino mount and J arm work just fine for me and don't really want to dish out the coin I've seen other bridges go for.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 6:10:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I promised an update. Well, my NVDepot Dual headmount adapter showed up yesterday! I wish I had a mod armory adapter to compare it to, but I don't so here goes nothing.

The adapter is available here, but the price is wrong on the website - it is cheaper than advertised! It is $135 and it was $11 for s/h.
http://www.nvdepot.com/13-acc/dualheadmountadapter.asp

The NVDepot dual headmount adapter resembles conjoined J-Arms, but unlike a J-Arm, it allows for interpupillary adjustments. To adjust the interpupillary spacing, you need to set it when you screw in the two PVS-14's. Because of this, you will need to adjust the interpupillary spacing each time you remove one or both PVS-14 from the device. This is not difficult, and for the $ savings, I am more than happy to manually adjust the spacing when needed. Once screwed down tight, this setup is rock solid. It actually feels as solid as a military grade J-Arm. It feels solid both mounted to the rhino mount, as well as when being handheld as a BNVD.

I think what you lose by going this route is easily moving just 1 monocular out of the way away from your eye, but the way I see it, if I want to use them as binoculars, I can run this mount. If I just want 1, I can run a J-arm. I didn't opt for any of the fancy mounts, since I'm just using a rhino mount with a bayonet adapter. For what it is and what I paid, I am thrilled with this dual headmount adapter.

The best part - assembled as a BNVD, this setup fits perfectly inside an AITES Padded PVS-7 Case.
If you have any specific questions, please ask.

Link Posted: 7/19/2014 6:23:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the update and pics! This is a much more affordable option then I was previusly looking at, and I may order one. Have you had a chance to use it for an extended amount of time? Anything loosen up over time? I know you said its solid but I guess I'm still looking for the catch as to why it doesn't cost a million dollars.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 8:09:11 AM EDT
[#8]
do you think it would be possible to set the pupilary distance and align the scopes, and then drill the arms and mounting pads for a roll pin to lock them in place permanently?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 8:37:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
do you think it would be possible to set the pupilary distance and align the scopes, and then drill the arms and mounting pads for a roll pin to lock them in place permanently?

View Quote

Yes, you could do this. I would actually use 2 roll pins on each side though because then it will firm up the mount even more. You could also glue or epoxy the adjustment pads if you knew you never needed to adjust the interpupillary adjustment.

As for the catch - I don't think there is one.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 11:07:44 AM EDT
[#10]
go to know, I was thinking 2 pins each when I typed my question.

I seem to recall an older picture of a foreign military nv setup very similar to this. I wonder if these are imported.

edit to add:
http://www.gearsoc.se/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6833

a couple of posts down, poster talks about norway, looks like the exact same mount. I seem to remember another country being mentioned... maybe I saw this in the foreign nv thread.

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:36:15 PM EDT
[#11]
I think you're right. It looks like the same mount. Interesting.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 7:47:19 AM EDT
[#12]
I've looked real closely at the pictures posted here and on NVD's website- for the life of me, I can't figure out how or where the interpupilary distance is variable.  Is there a sliding mechanism where the thumb screws go through the mount?
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:32:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I've looked real closely at the pictures posted here and on NVD's website- for the life of me, I can't figure out how or where the interpupilary distance is variable.  Is there a sliding mechanism where the thumb screws go through the mount?
View Quote

Yes. So when you tighten the thumb screw down, you cannot adjust the interpupilary distance. It isn't anything fancy, but it does work. For the price compared to what else is out there, I feel OK with it. Reading through that other thread - it almost sounds like these mounts are made by ITT. I wonder if NVDepot bought a surplus lot of them or something.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 8:05:03 PM EDT
[#14]
I bought one based on your feedback OP, and this was exactly what I wanted. A inexpensive way to bridge my 14's that offers what the standard J arm offers, and you were 100% correct in your review. Thanks! Not bad at all for $135!
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 8:34:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Does the auto-off function still work when you flip them up?  I see the wire but I just wanted to make sure.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 10:39:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Does the auto-off function still work when you flip them up?  I see the wire but I just wanted to make sure.
View Quote

Yes.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 7:30:52 AM EDT
[#17]
After reading, and looking further, you guys convinced me to give it a try! I ordered mine this morning!
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 10:23:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Update! Mine came today, and I'm impressed with it! I can't wait to try it out tonight! Looks like exactly what I was looking for!  

Link Posted: 8/6/2014 9:10:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Update 8/6 ; Tried it out also used my IR laser mounted on my M9 and it was all fantastic! I must say that if you own two PVS-14's and want to upgrade to BNVD, this is the best low cost option I've seen.

Years ago I started out with a gen 1 Russian Oh 1 unit, upgraded to a PVS 5, then a PVS 7. This is way beyond any of them by a long shot!

Sometime I'm hoping to work up to an ANVIS setup, but this will do me for now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top