Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/6/2014 11:42:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's great to hear. I think I'm just going to keep the Raptar, although I don't know why. Maybe just to own it, I guess. I hate returning things, which I why I have a spare room full of new stuff in boxes I never got around to using. Sort of a neglected toy wing of my house  
View Quote

That's pretty damn expensive to keep just for the sake of having it. Although it's possible that they could offer an upgrade for the illuminator in the future though.
View Quote

Agreed, dump that POS back to botach and get something that you can use with the refund.
View Quote

I don't know. It's only $1,100. Hardly anything out there that cheap worth owning.
View Quote

I'll take $1,100 if you don't want it

Saving up for a nv setup is no fun, but I'm sure it'll be worth it.
Link Posted: 5/6/2014 12:50:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Saving up for a nv setup is no fun, but I'm sure it'll be worth it.
View Quote

It's funny. When I got my first NODs (a trade deal that netted me my two MUM-14's), I'd never even seen a NV device in-person, much less look through one, so my very first experience was with Gen 3. In fact, I've never looked through anything but Gen 3.

It was impressive, but wasn't *as* impressive as I had been led to believe -- or so I thought at the time. Then I stumbled upon this forum and learned about things like S/N and Omni VII, which sent me down the rabbit hole. Now, I'm out every night and am actually *more* amazed and impressed by NV and Thermal. I think running tandem / bino was the real game-changer for me. I walk around with dual MUMs or dual PVS-14's hanging off the TW helmet for an hour or two every night checking on my cows, pastures, looking out for coyotes, stargazing, terrorizing the cats, the uses are endless.

I'm hooked, and my bank account is relieved that it no longer has to carry around all that extra weight any more  
Link Posted: 5/7/2014 3:49:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm hooked, and my bank account is relieved that it no longer has to carry around all that extra weight any more  
View Quote

Wish I had that kind of extra weight.  

~Augee
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top