Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2014 9:00:21 AM EDT
Hello!

I would like some help identifying a tube.

I'ts marked like this: KM272867-9-035

I'm really grateful for any help you guys can give me! :)
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 9:11:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Not an expert but isn't that just the power supply marking?
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 9:22:35 AM EDT
[#2]
A photo will help tremendously -- not for me, because I'm clueless, but for those who might actually know  
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 10:54:17 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm not sure.

If it cant determined ill take it apart more.

Here a pic: http://i.imgur.com/rBh79E1.jpg
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 1:05:13 PM EDT
[#4]
DC power supply right?
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 1:44:42 PM EDT
[#5]
DC yes. I censored the S/N.
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 3:53:59 PM EDT
[#6]

Non-military MX11769 of fairly recent manufacture.

There's not much else I can add to that, and I assume this much was obvious to you?

That PSU can probably be autogated or DC. It's programmable.

David
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 4:00:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Non-military MX11769 of fairly recent manufacture.

There's not much else I can add to that, and I assume this much was obvious to you?

That PSU can probably be autogated or DC. It's programmable.

David
View Quote

And just like that, SHAZAM! You have your answer.

I guess being forced to live upside down has its benefits.
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 8:47:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks alot man :)
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 2:36:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Is it possible to remove the black part with the KM number to see the model number?
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 7:50:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Is it possible to remove the black part with the KM number to see the model number?
View Quote

Possible to remove it yes. But there will be no model number underneath. ITT bought KM electronics in about 2001 (I am going from memory here). If my memory is still correct I think they started using ITT on the power supply instead of KM about 2005. The newer tubes say ITT on the power supply. I believe CJ7 already looked up the power supply so I won't do it again. We can gain some information from power supply numbers but only limited.

It is a ITT commercial tube, thin filmed and if it whines next to your ear it is gated. No whine (especially on ITT tubes) and it is a DC power supply (not gated). We can't give you Omni contracts because it is not a milspec tube but going by all the evidence if I had to guess I would say Omni V or VI. Of course with no data sheet I am only giving an educated guess. Tube specs would determine what contract it performs to but we don't have that information.

ETA: The newer ITT tubes also have the serial number and date code next to the power supply number.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:46:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Alright.

It whines and autogates.

The image is really clear but it doesn't gain as much as my other tubes. Or maybe it is just an illusion? SNR seems really good.

Seller stated that it was an omni 7.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 5:43:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Alright.

It whines and autogates.

The image is really clear but it doesn't gain as much as my other tubes. Or maybe it is just an illusion? SNR seems really good.

Seller stated that it was an omni 7.
View Quote

Because of the simple fact the power supply says KM I would be doubtful it performs to Omni VII but it is not impossible. Tube specs with a data sheet would help here but as I said we don't have that. My guess is still Omni VI . No matter really as you have a autogated thin film Pinnacle tube. Nice tube.
Link Posted: 5/3/2014 12:59:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Alright, i guess i'll have to settle with that its a thin filmed tube on the "wrong side of the pond".

Data sheets seems pretty hard to come by in NVG purchases (second hand ones), outside the US.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top