BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 19
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 12:47:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Of the DVRs that you own, which is your favorite?  I'm looking hard at the UNV, but am open to other options.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It better show up before the T-75 does or I will be super pissed.

Of the DVRs that you own, which is your favorite?  I'm looking hard at the UNV, but am open to other options.

Get the UNV MDVR, it is simple to use and works great and a good deal for almost all thermal applications.

The cables are simply outstanding too, no one else anywhere makes nice heavy duty cables like theirs, once you get to using a DVR under real world outdoor conditions at night, you will really appreciate the outstanding cables. It is not waterproof though....

I have five of the SPI DVRs and they are the only waterproof mini DVRs that I am aware of and I use them quite a bit too since it happens to rain allot where I am.

Both of these record 720X480 30fps, video ouput is very good in the raw format before you compress it to upload onto the web somewhere....

Here is the SPI DVR on my FLIR T-70:

Here is the UNV MDVR on my FLIR T-70:

Link Posted: 7/15/2014 12:51:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the SPI DVR hooked up to the FLIR M-324XP in the UTV for recording primarily due to the fact that I did not install any windows or doors with glass or plastic which would interfere with the thermals pan/tilt 360 degree views and therefore am subject to getting soaked all the time.

Everything is 100% waterproof marine quality so no hassles with the rain....

Link Posted: 7/15/2014 1:04:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the input, I'm almost certainly going to get the UNV one.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 1:05:12 PM EDT
[#4]
You will like it.

I will have the FLIR T-75 here soon, when I get it I will PM you if you want to come up and scope it out at my place?

It is basically identical specifications to my two mil-spec FLIR GS T-70s but has a 100mm long range lens system, controls and operational parameters are identical except the lens is HUGE!

Link Posted: 7/15/2014 1:11:49 PM EDT
[#5]
As you can note of the pics of the units in the FLIR Government Systems booth at the 2014 Shot Show:

FLIR T-70 35mm germanium lens is Short Range < 350 meters, whilst the FLIR T-75100mm germanium lens is Long Range >850 meters.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 1:35:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You will like it.

I will have the FLIR T-75 here soon, when I get it I will PM you if you want to come up and scope it out at my place?

It is basically identical specifications to my two mil-spec FLIR GS T-70s but has a 100mm long range lens system, controls and operational parameters are identical except the lens is HUGE!

http://www.phossil.com/thom/Night%20Vision/FLIR%20T75/FLIR%20T75%20&%20T70.jpg

http://www.phossil.com/thom/Night%20Vision/FLIR%20T75/T75%20Front.jpg

http://www.phossil.com/thom/Night%20Vision/FLIR%20T75/T75%20Side.jpg
View Quote

DEAL, that sounds spectacular!  The lens on that thing is pure sex, I had a 75mm lens on a handheld unit five years ago that my friends and I referred to as "the all-seeing eye."
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 1:55:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 2:23:36 PM EDT
[#8]
My old workhorse FLIR T-50 clip-on with the old Tau 1 320 core has a nice 60mm lens and works excellent, it has killed many many hogs and dogs over the years and is still going strong being used constantly...

Link Posted: 7/15/2014 7:59:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Picked up some nice .308 targets on the game cam behind the house for this weekends hunt, about a dozen 400 pounders.....

Link Posted: 7/15/2014 10:06:32 PM EDT
[#10]
PS-32, LS-64, M-324XP, M-18, T-50, T-60 (2), T-70 (2) I think I got all the thermal covered and now a T-75 on the way.
That is an absolutely amazing collection Sir.

PS I of course left out all of the NV, lasers, DVR's and all of the other accessories
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 11:20:05 PM EDT
[#11]
You forgot the FLIR RS64 also :)
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 11:51:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 8:09:26 AM EDT
[#13]
That is a 375-425 pound hog, that tree is three feet in diameter and he is close to 8 feet long, there is not just this loner boar hanging out there, there is another ten all over 350 pounds....look like horses on short legs.

Will be out there this weekend with the FLIRs...
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 11:23:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Since I get so many PMs asking about this, here it is from the horses mouth:

"The new 17 micron uncooled Vanadium Oxide FLIR Tau-2 core was designed with a mean time between failure (MTBF) >30,000 hrs operation."

"Assuming a usage duty cycle of 80% across all fielded Taus (actually includes many environments and use cases) the MTBF is calculated at 12.1 years (operating hours) with a 90% confidence level."
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 10:12:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Headshot 225 yards using ACOG TA02/FLIR T-70, DRT.

Link Posted: 7/17/2014 11:10:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Since I get so many PMs asking about this, here it is from the horses mouth:

"The new 17 micron uncooled Vanadium Oxide FLIR Tau-2 core was designed with a mean time between failure (MTBF) >30,000 hrs operation."

"Assuming a usage duty cycle of 80% across all fielded Taus (actually includes many environments and use cases) the MTBF is calculated at 12.1 years (operating hours) with a 90% confidence level."
View Quote

Can I get more MTTF hours if I store it in my fridge next to the pork loins ?
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 11:37:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Are the pork loins Feral or domestic?

Is your fridge made completely in the USA, or is it assembled in the USA by foreign speaking VISA holders?
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 12:16:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Is your fridge made completely in the USA, or is it assembled in the USA by foreign speaking VISA holders?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The loins are definitely domestic as no feral pigs live in my area that I am aware of. The fridge is GE but I am pretty sure it is made in Mexico. My fridge temp is around 38 degrees. I am not sure if I should store my scope in the " crisper" for veggies or out in the open fridge environment

Skypup has been no help to me on this issue. I know fridge storage is best but the whole crisper or not has me baffled. . Skypup thinks I am silly and stopped talking to me.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 12:31:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The loins are definitely domestic as no feral pigs live in my area that I am aware of. The fridge is GE but I am pretty sure it is made in Mexico. My fridge temp is around 38 degrees. I am not sure if I should store my scope in the " crisper" for veggies or out in the open fridge environment

Skypup has been no help to me on this issue. I know fridge storage is best but the whole crisper or not has me baffled. . Skypup thinks I am silly and stopped talking to me.
View Quote

The crisper is certain to extend life for sure, however, be sure to have it set on low humidity.  These MilSpec devices are very flaky if you breathe on them wrong or get them even slightly wet.  Also, you may want to remove the interior light from your fridge as it will possibly damage your unit when opening and closing the door to obtain frosty beverages...  
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 2:20:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Installed a beautiful Larson Electronic 27 Watt RED LED spot blaster and man is it totally professional first class all the way.

The Red LED Light knocks your socks off and I will be using this cruising around at night with the FLIR thermal on when not using 850nm NV IR LED lights!

I had another 2-Rigid Industries White 4" LEDs with four LEDs with a Rigid Industries Red Plastic Lens covering the white LEDs, it pretty much suxed as you were hard pressed to see 100 feet in the dark with the weak filtered red light.

The real RED LEDs are 10X better and blow the red lens covers away.

Link Posted: 7/19/2014 7:31:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Is that you Kitt?
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 9:28:08 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm thinking more like a Cylon.

"By your command"
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 10:15:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Real Red LEDs make all the difference in the world, red is difficult to see at night but I can drive around great now and see good for 100 yards, and deer, coons, possums, coyotes, etc. eyes all shine bright red over 800 meters!
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 10:40:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Headshot 225 yards using ACOG TA02/FLIR T-70, DRT.

http://www.phossil.com/thom/Night%20Vision/FLIR%20T70/225%20Yard%20Coyote.jpg
View Quote

That's a sweet shot. You really have that combination dialed in to do some fine work.

I really need to spend time behind my weapon(s) and choose the one that works best for me. I'm not confident in my night optics (NV or Thermal) that I could make such a shot.

On my day scope, and I'm good past 1,000 meters on a .308 -- farther on my .338 LM.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 10:58:38 PM EDT
[#25]
I had been after that dog for the last six weeks and seen him numerous times, always unprepared when he showed up, sometimes during the day.

Finally I see him way off deep into the woods at night with the LS-64 and got my T-70 out and he walks behind a pine tree, only his front torso was sticking out and I think to myself, I just might be able to make this shot...

I held steady on him for a full two minutes after he dropped in his tracks because I thought for sure he was going to get up and run away and I would have to finish him off. But he never moved and hit him right behind the eye.....alligator crawled up out of the pond today and took him under.

Practice, practice, practice!

Link Posted: 7/20/2014 4:15:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 4:35:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 8:03:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Nice blaster! I have two Wilcox Amber filters and am going to check it out.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:00:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Eating breakfast before leaving home for work this morning and 20 hogs are in my driveway, Browning Hi-Power takes down a sow with a headshot at 75 feet, breakfast bacon sizzling....

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:45:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Eating breakfast before leaving home for work this morning and 20 hogs are in my driveway, Browning Hi-Power takes down a sow with a headshot at 75 feet, breakfast bacon sizzling....

http://www.phossil.com/thom/Night%20Vision/Pioneer%20700/SIG%20357%20Hog/Hi%20Power%20Hog.jpg
View Quote

Was that your morning hog restocking from FLIR?  
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 7:20:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Yeah, the FLIR train must have rolled in while I was taking a nap this past weekend and released another couple of hundred onto my property, they must have used an electric locomotive this time because usually the diesel locomotive wakes me up when it pulls into the yard and the dogs all start barking at it.

You can tell this was a FLIR trained hog target by the way I suspiciously placed the Browning Hi-Power right on top of the FLIR tattoo on the side of the swine to obliterate any evidence. FLIR conspicuously tattoos them with Thermal Sensitive ink so that I cannot miss, the bullet is drawn right towards the tattoo.

Don't forget, the good folks at FLIR also sent me a free FLIR decal for my mobile thermal/NV hog killer that they bought for me to use on my property when I am killing all their hogs all over my place!

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:43:55 PM EDT
[#32]
FLIR T-70 ends this song dogs singing career at 175 yards behind the barn tonight, called in two dogs and killed this one and tried to get the other but he was moving out to fast after his buddy dropped dead in his tracks!

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:52:34 PM EDT
[#33]
With bacon prices rising because of this virus have you thought of selling the dead swine?
More cash means more thermal equipment which means more dead bacon and the cycle continues
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:42:10 PM EDT
[#34]
The stainless steel 1/2 hp sausage grinder has been running virtually nonstop for over a month now....every sausage recipe in the book!
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 4:46:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Damn does it pay good to be a loyal shill for FLIR!

I sent in my authorized purchase receipt for the FLIR M-324XP Pan/Tilt thermal marine video camera to their rebate program and they immediately sent me my rebate check for almost 20% off the purchase of the entire setup including the computerized microprocessor joystick controller and the HD Color Video screen!

What a freaking great deal this instrument is with their rebate on top of it all.

I am glad that I got the 336 Tau2 core for this unit instead of the 640X512 core because I can detect virtually everything over 3/4 of a mile with no problem.

The 640 core was another $4k and would not have added any detection distance or range, just would have better ID.

But I don't need ID when I am cruising around picking things up.

Thank You FLIR!!!

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 4:50:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Thank You FLIR!!!
View Quote

Well, there you have it, folks! SkyPup finally admits to getting check(s) from FLIR and even had the audacity to post photographic proof!

What more evidence do we need? Off with his head, I say!
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 4:56:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Well, there you have it, folks! SkyPup finally admits to getting check(s) from FLIR and even had the audacity to post photographic proof!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank You FLIR!!!

All I had to do was purchase the M-324XP outfitted exactly to my specifications as I needed it with the specific accessories that I required and send in the authorized purchase agreement after the sale, FLIR immediately cut me a check for almost 20% off!

Can't beat that I say!

FLIR Maritime Products Rebate Program
Receive $1,000 Back on the Purchase of a FLIR M-Series Thermal Night Vision Camera!

Thank you for trusting FLIR with your thermal imaging needs. To qualify for this rebate you must purchase and take delivery of a FLIR M-Series thermal imager from an authorized FLIR dealer between February 11, 2014 and June 30, 2014. Your claim must be postmarked on or before July 31, 2014, in order for you to be eligible for this offer. See your authorized FLIR dealer for more details.

http://www.flir.com/cvs/americas/en/maritime/view/?id=62808

Bet you all didn't know about the FLIR Thermal Rebates or take advantage of them?

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 5:09:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

All I had to do was purchase the receive my FREE M-324XP from FLIR outfitted exactly to my specifications as I needed it with the specific accessories that I required and send in the authorized purchase Lifetime Free FLIR Unit agreement after the sale, FLIR immediately cut me a monthly check for almost 20% off! anything I want.

Can't beat that I say!

Receive $1,000 Back on the Purchase of a FLIR M-Series Thermal Night Vision Camera!

Thank you for trusting FLIR and SkyPup with your thermal imaging needs. To qualify for this rebate you must purchase and take delivery of a FLIR M-Series thermal imager from an authorized FLIR dealer between February 11, 2014 and June 30, 2014. Your claim must be postmarked on or before July 31, 2014, in order for you to be eligible for this offer. See your authorized FLIR dealer for more details.

Bet you all didn't know about the generous FLIR Thermal Rebates Forum Referral Program or take advantage of them?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank You FLIR!!!

All I had to do was purchase the receive my FREE M-324XP from FLIR outfitted exactly to my specifications as I needed it with the specific accessories that I required and send in the authorized purchase Lifetime Free FLIR Unit agreement after the sale, FLIR immediately cut me a monthly check for almost 20% off! anything I want.

Can't beat that I say!

Thank you for trusting FLIR and SkyPup with your thermal imaging needs. To qualify for this rebate you must purchase and take delivery of a FLIR M-Series thermal imager from an authorized FLIR dealer between February 11, 2014 and June 30, 2014. Your claim must be postmarked on or before July 31, 2014, in order for you to be eligible for this offer. See your authorized FLIR dealer for more details.

Bet you all didn't know about the generous FLIR Thermal Rebates Forum Referral Program or take advantage of them?

I corrected a few typos. (Hooves made me do it.)  

BTW, you didn't happen to write the screenplay for "The Joneses", did you?  
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 5:16:32 PM EDT
[#39]
heheh, that's pretty good!

But wait, it gets even much better than that!

Now my new FLIRONE is a FREEBIE!

On top of that...

Wait until you see the freaking awesome new FLIR thermal instrument I am putting my rebate check towards!

Nothing within over a half mile of me is going to get away without a 7.62mm hole in it.......
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 5:17:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Nothing within over a half mile of me is going to get away without a 7.62mm hole in it.......
View Quote

Well there go my stalking plans.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 5:26:01 PM EDT
[#41]
One good FLIR begets another and then another, you cannot have just one!

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 11:39:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Pull in the driveway after a long night out hunting and there is a coyote sitting on my tool box on the truck in the carport!

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 11:42:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 12:02:46 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Pull in the driveway after a long night out hunting and there is a coyote sitting on my tool box on the truck in the carport!

http://www.phossil.com/thom/Night%20Vision/Pioneer%20700/FLIR%20M%20Series/Coyote%20On%20Truck.jpg
View Quote

Where the fuck do you live, on a damn coyote breeding reservation?
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 7:41:56 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 8:37:59 AM EDT
[#46]
FLIR must have put him there to freak me out!

Link Posted: 7/26/2014 9:23:58 AM EDT
[#47]
You should buy Mrs.SkyPup something nice with that rebate check for puting up with your addiction
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 10:32:56 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Or the decoy factory.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where the fuck do you live, on a damn coyote breeding reservation?

Or the decoy factory.

Ewe bass turd!  
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 6:55:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
You should buy Mrs.SkyPup something nice with that rebate check for puting up with your addiction
View Quote

I know this is not the GD forum so I'll keep this short.

She just got diagnosed with invasive ductal cell carcinoma of the breast last week, so we have allot on the table for the coming months....

Life is precious and fragile and sometimes short, enjoy every minute of it to the max.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 7:13:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

She just got diagnosed with invasive ductal cell carcinoma of the breast last week, so we have allot on the table for the coming months....

Life is precious and fragile and sometimes short, enjoy every minute of it to the max.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Prayers sent, unbelievably sorry to hear this.
Page / 19
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top