Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 12:36:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CovertChannels:
I submitted more than ten Form 1s in late February.  Two came at 14 days, two more at 1 month,, and all but one came between 60-120 days.   The last one was sent back due to an error after the brace rule timeframe expired and I resubmitted a paper form 1 a month ago.

In my case, the ones that got approved the fastest were the guns I like the least.  My favorite guns took over 110 days to come back.  Almost like they know what ones I couldn’t wait for.

There is no excuse to not do batch approvals, and I have no idea why it took close to four months to get some back, and others in weeks.
View Quote

That's exactly what happened to me too
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 1:42:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pestilence12] [#2]
So I have 2 that are at 150+ days now, and 2 that are at 50 days exactly.

All but one is paid. One was a pistol amnesty.

I don't understand.

The poster that said squeaky-clean background, I don't even have a speeding ticket to my name. I held a security clearance for 2 years, still active. My fucking EQUIP came back faster than this, which for those that know, is outta

I called on the ones that were filed in February, and I got a really short, dismissive "Its in the system. You have to wait". Okay I've been waiting. A lot.

I am just about to the point that I don't even care anymore.

I knew going in, for my first suppressor, that the wait could be a long time. My form 4 took 400, 415 days, something like that. I just forgot about it.

But all estimates for eFile form 1's are in the 30's or 40's. How are mine so fucking stuck. I used EFT's for all of them (no paper prints).

A buddy of mine filed a form 1, efile, eft, in April, and got it back approved in May. I think it was 30 days on the nose.

What the fuck.

ETA I kind of just want my money back at this point.
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 3:54:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By pestilence12:
So I have 2 that are at 150+ days now, and 2 that are at 50 days exactly.

All but one is paid. One was a pistol amnesty.

I don't understand.

The poster that said squeaky-clean background, I don't even have a speeding ticket to my name. I held a security clearance for 2 years, still active. My fucking EQUIP came back faster than this, which for those that know, is outta

I called on the ones that were filed in February, and I got a really short, dismissive "Its in the system. You have to wait". Okay I've been waiting. A lot.

I am just about to the point that I don't even care anymore.

I knew going in, for my first suppressor, that the wait could be a long time. My form 4 took 400, 415 days, something like that. I just forgot about it.

But all estimates for eFile form 1's are in the 30's or 40's. How are mine so fucking stuck. I used EFT's for all of them (no paper prints).

A buddy of mine filed a form 1, efile, eft, in April, and got it back approved in May. I think it was 30 days on the nose.

What the fuck.

ETA I kind of just want my money back at this point.
View Quote

i think thats why...most of the fast approvals i have seen were all paper prints...so that means that a human has to open the mail and do the work. electronic stuff just sits
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 4:10:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By intercooler:

i think thats why...most of the fast approvals i have seen were all paper prints...so that means that a human has to open the mail and do the work. electronic stuff just sits
View Quote

I have one from Jan 13th with paper prints that is still pending. I submitted it again, along with anouther in april with eprints and they’re also still pending…

Don’t try to use logic to find a pattern, there isn’t one. It’s the government, it doesn’t have to make sense.
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 7:09:54 PM EDT
[#5]
I am officially 5+ months now on few brace rule form 1s, all e-filed on 2/20 and not a single one approved.

I am sure I am not the only one, but seeing all the May and April approvals ...
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 12:06:37 PM EDT
[#6]
On 7/20 I got one of my SBRs approved.  183 days

Still waiting on a second one submitted on the same day.

I hate this system

I hate these random rule changes

Link Posted: 7/24/2023 5:12:01 PM EDT
[#7]
I just received two on same day 7-24, one submitted 3-7 and one 3-28, both approved by same person.
Link Posted: 7/24/2023 8:23:05 PM EDT
[#8]
170 days and counting, amnesty form 1 on a trust I’ve successfully used for prior times…
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 8:22:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Well after waiting since 13 Feb my first Eform1 was denied.  I guess my suspicion that it was a problem putting the model number on the Colt Box (CR6920) vs. what was engraved (Carbine) was correct.  I did file a second application about a month ago with this corrected, so hopefully this is about to get resolved.  

For what it's worth, this means they're starting to nibble at those from mid-February.  Hoping this is a good sign my June application for same firearm about to be approved.  

Link Posted: 7/25/2023 11:16:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Damn near fell out of my chair laughing the other night

Ended up reading the eforms site FAQ and they say they process in order received

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 11:20:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Publius:
Well after waiting since 13 Feb my first Eform1 was denied.  I guess my suspicion that it was a problem putting the model number on the Colt Box (CR6920) vs. what was engraved (Carbine) was correct.  I did file a second application about a month ago with this corrected, so hopefully this is about to get resolved.  

For what it's worth, this means they're starting to nibble at those from mid-February.  Hoping this is a good sign my June application for same firearm about to be approved.  

View Quote

Correct, they want the model how it is engraved on the firearm.  Example:  ‘PTR 9’ instead of ‘PTR 9CT’
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 10:16:22 PM EDT
[#12]
2 approved today from February 20th.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 5:07:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By FishKepr:

Correct, they want the model how it is engraved on the firearm.  Example:  ‘PTR 9’ instead of ‘PTR 9CT’
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FishKepr:
Originally Posted By Publius:

Good news.  The one I reapplied on June 20 approved today (day after denial of the flawed Feb application).

To all those waiting, hang in there.  If you think you made a mistake, file a second one while the first is pending.
Link Posted: 7/28/2023 10:07:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/28/2023 10:30:58 AM EDT
[#15]
1/14/23 finally approved at 0830 this morning
Link Posted: 7/28/2023 11:29:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: isaidme] [#16]
95 days and still waiting but the newest updated data on ATFs website as of July 3rd says eforms 40 days Might lose interest in the whole thing if it takes another month or longer.
Link Posted: 7/28/2023 11:58:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By isaidme:
95 days and still waiting but the newest updated data on ATFs website as of July 3rd says eforms 40 days Might lose interest in the whole thing if it takes another month or longer.
View Quote

As of today I'm sitting at 193 days. The wait sucks, but in the end it's worth it (I don't enjoy or support jumping through unConstitutional hoops, but I will do it to get what I want and to make these items more "in common use").
Link Posted: 7/28/2023 12:57:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By MNRidesHonda:
View Quote

Applied 1/30

Carol emailed me this morning asking for another photo of the Manu/model on my Browning......fingers crossed.
Link Posted: 7/28/2023 2:36:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By MNRidesHonda:
View Quote

I initially thought that this gives me hope, but I had one from 1/18 approved on 7/20 and am still waiting on another one from the same day...............

That being said, I am very pleased for you, and especially for all those who don't have to wait so long.

Processed in the order they come in..........CALLING BULLSHIT!
Link Posted: 7/29/2023 2:39:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#20]
Originally Posted By eye-gor:

Ended up reading the eforms site FAQ and they say they process in order received

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By eye-gor:

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Originally Posted By Britbike2001:

Processed in the order they come in..........CALLING BULLSHIT!
That's the part I don't understand. I've been in IT more than 25 years and I've never seen an electronic queue that wasn't first in first out.

These people are really some kind of special to be doing these in the random order that they are.

Originally Posted By CovertChannels:

There is no excuse to not do batch approvals, and I have no idea why it took close to four months to get some back, and others in weeks.
It's almost like the system was designed to be inefficient, inconvenient and aggravating.

Link Posted: 7/30/2023 5:01:32 AM EDT
[#21]
460 days
eform1 individual
SBR

no explanation from the ATF
numerous inquiries via email and phone calls
congressman contacted and sent an official inquiry, no result
applied for and acquired a UPIN while waiting
just a long ass damn wait
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 9:45:48 AM EDT
[#22]
77 days on my Amnesty stamp, although I had a number of arrests in my college days that never brought a conviction so I expect it’s going to take awhile. My suppressors have always taken more than a year and the 2 I have pending I expect to see next Easter.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 10:24:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By The_Like_Button:
77 days on my Amnesty stamp, although I had a number of arrests in my college days that never brought a conviction so I expect it’s going to take awhile. My suppressors have always taken more than a year and the 2 I have pending I expect to see next Easter.
View Quote

Have you considered making sure it’s correct with the arresting agency, state reporting agency or getting a UPIN? It’s not expensive to get your rap sheet from the feds, to confirm what’s is in your file.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 11:47:45 AM EDT
[#24]
195!
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 10:47:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By jamess396:
460 days
eform1 individual
SBR

no explanation from the ATF
numerous inquiries via email and phone calls
congressman contacted and sent an official inquiry, no result
applied for and acquired a UPIN while waiting
just a long ass damn wait
View Quote

I was in this boat (only 160 days) reapplied, and the new one was approved in a month (the old one was dinged day before new one was approved).  Might help shake the bees.  Figured didn't want to withdraw pending one in case it was about to get approved.  Supposedly they will refund my $200 eventually.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 3:50:47 AM EDT
[#26]
All of these long waits blow my mind. I submitted 4 paid SBR apps and was sweating that they would be approved before WA cut them off.  All were approved in less than 26 days.

BTW, it turn out our fears were unfounded as ATF continued to complete WA F1s after the cutoff.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 10:26:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: isaidme] [#27]
There is just no excuse for that! Having to reapply and receiving that back before the first one is just another example. There must not really be a standard across all agents or simply don't care.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 6:50:42 PM EDT
[#28]
3 from 2/13 still waiting. Brace, paper prints.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 9:40:50 PM EDT
[#29]
2 freebies and 1 paid F1's sent 1st of May, mailed prints. Not a peep yet.
Link Posted: 8/2/2023 8:33:19 AM EDT
[#30]
6 months now! It’s almost funny.

almost.
Link Posted: 8/2/2023 8:56:35 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By kokopelli:

almost.
View Quote

Me too brother, 181.
Link Posted: 8/2/2023 8:37:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Guitargod1985] [#32]
Originally Posted By Stal:

Me too brother, 181.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Stal:
Originally Posted By kokopelli:

almost.

Me too brother, 181.

182 here.

FATF.

FJB.
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 9:38:57 AM EDT
[#33]
Shit is crazy.  I just got back one I submitted 7/21/2023.  Previous one took over a month so this was a surprise.  I have a free stamp stuck somewhere since March though, so clearly no consistency.  

No such luck on the Form 4 side.  

My guess is they assign these to individual examiners, and some are quick and others are not.
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 10:45:28 AM EDT
[#34]
It's comical, it really is.

Tax paid, E-Filed Form 1 SBR since 04 Feb, even called to verified (paper) prints arrived and was told everything is fine and in the package.

It's not even anything oddball, just making the stock operable on a PPS-43.  

Just totally at a loss, not so much as even a parking ticket since 1987. Have an FFL (C&R), live in an NFA friendly County and State, get 4473 approvals (and even PICS/the additional PA for Pistol) back within seconds, always.

WTF, is it some "social media" payback, being I like and support FPC and GOA posts and donate regularly to them?

Is there any recourse here?
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 11:58:10 AM EDT
[#35]
I broke 200!!!!

Whoooo
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 12:36:03 PM EDT
[#36]
170 days.

I don't care anymore. I haven't logged in to the eform portal in over a month.

Maybe they'll approve it. Maybe they won't. Maybe it'll just sit there for fucking ever and I'll never hear back.

I dunno. Don't care.
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 1:57:16 PM EDT
[#37]
I've been considering dropping a duplicate application. Day 173
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 5:21:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By pestilence12:
170 days.

I don't care anymore. I haven't logged in to the eform portal in over a month.

Maybe they'll approve it. Maybe they won't. Maybe it'll just sit there for fucking ever and I'll never hear back.

I dunno. Don't care.
View Quote
This is where I'm at as well. I just like to keep the thread updated.
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 8:48:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pestilence12] [#39]
Originally Posted By VTD:
This is where I'm at as well. I just like to keep the thread updated.
View Quote

I'm also at 60 days for a form 1 suppressor and form 1 sbr today.

Fuckin, whatever I guess

Stupid incompetent assholes.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 3:45:41 PM EDT
[#40]
195 days and counting here for one brace rule one i filed in January....
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 6:07:28 PM EDT
[#41]
I submitted two amnesty eform 1s back on 4/28. One was approved on 6/12. The other yesterday.

That second one is probably the longest eform 1 I’ve ever had at 92 days.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 1:37:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: isaidme] [#42]
Well, I'm out of the competition. I submitted my request to withdraw my form 1. Just lost interest in the whole thing and was offered a fair deal on my parts by my nephew who will do a form1 on it. I also don't have the patience to wait 8 months for something that should only take around 40 to 45 days as posted on their website.
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 3:37:14 PM EDT
[#43]
I’m at 87 days right now on the snitch on yourself form 1.
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 11:51:47 PM EDT
[#44]
I just got one back 13 days from submittal...8 days from when they received my prints.

What did I win?

Link Posted: 8/12/2023 8:55:49 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By MrGlock36:
I just got one back 13 days from submittal...8 days from when they received my prints.

What did I win?

View Quote
That's not how this thread works.

You are the biggest loser.
Link Posted: 8/12/2023 1:19:09 PM EDT
[#46]
+1 for Carol.

When I saw the email I automatically assumed it was for my amnesty form 1 which just passed the 4 month mark. I was shocked when I saw it was for the one I just submitted.
Link Posted: 8/13/2023 10:04:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: flcracker] [#47]
eFile Form 1 SBR paper prints - submitted 12/9/22, approved 12/27/22.

Virtually identical eFile Form 1 SBR paper prints (both are Aero Precision lowers) - submitted 2/7/23, still pending.

If it goes much longer I may be in the running for having the most extreme spread of shortest and longest wait times.

🤬
Link Posted: 8/13/2023 3:15:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Yeah, my first Form 1 from last year was 11 days (10/27-11/7). My 2nd one ("amnesty") a little longer (1/14-3/16). My latest "regular" Form 1 is still pending. I submitted on 2/13, and nothing. I messaged them through the website, and no reply. Anyone have an idea of who to email directly?
Link Posted: 8/13/2023 10:00:49 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Trumpet:
Yeah, my first Form 1 from last year was 11 days (10/27-11/7). My 2nd one ("amnesty") a little longer (1/14-3/16). My latest "regular" Form 1 is still pending. I submitted on 2/13, and nothing. I messaged them through the website, and no reply. Anyone have an idea of who to email directly?
View Quote

If you email them and if they reply, they just tell you to not email them!
Link Posted: 8/14/2023 6:47:52 PM EDT
[#50]
180 days
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top