Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 3:37:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for taking the time to make this tutorial, BigWaylon. I efiled a F1 for an SBR on Tuesday. Everything went (surprisingly) like clockwork. Got the submitted copy back from ATF, looked it over, and didn't see anything wrong with it at all. Probably means I missed something...
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 8:16:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sprocket99] [#2]
oops...
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 8:48:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the guide . Thought it was pinned, had to find it again.

The question has come up a couple time but I hadn't seen any visuals of the cover letters so here are a couple.

If your application go pending you will get a blank barcode on the cover letter - do not send this in:

This is what it looks like when it is submitted, this is what you send in with your fingerprints:
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 2:43:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By XeonEvolved:
Thanks for the guide . Thought it was pinned, had to find it again.

The question has come up a couple time but I hadn't seen any visuals of the cover letters so here are a couple.

If your application go pending you will get a blank barcode on the cover letter - do not send this in:
https://i.imgur.com/RpzVZKu.jpg

This is what it looks like when it is submitted, this is what you send in with your fingerprints:
https://i.imgur.com/4d618kE.jpg
View Quote
So you get a control number and a full bar code cover sheet once you click submit? Working on my first one now
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 12:22:44 AM EDT
[#5]
The early ones I did I got back the one without a control number.  A few days later the one with a number was sent to me.  This last one I did, submitted 1-8-19, came back with a number instantly.  It was faster when they WEREN'T at work?  LOL...

Curious to see how it works now that they are back at work.
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 12:47:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By loveski5:

So you get a control number and a full bar code cover sheet once you click submit? Working on my first one now
View Quote
I got my email w/ cover sheet within a few minutes iirc.
If you had an unknown model, manufacturer, or other odd info (80% lower or Homemade Suppressor) it would go into "pending research." Your email would still have the cover sheet it would just be blank like above. It took about a week to get a new email when it was updated to submitted status, this 2nd email included the correct cover sheet.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 7:02:49 PM EDT
[#7]
A few questions for you guys.

What is the UPIN at the end of the responsible party field?

Next, this will be my second SBR. Do I list it on Assignment Sheet A beneath my first SBR, or do I make a Sheet B and list it by itself?
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 7:11:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By onesureshot:
A few questions for you guys.

What is the UPIN at the end of the responsible party field?

Next, this will be my second SBR. Do I list it on Assignment Sheet A beneath my first SBR, or do I make a Sheet B and list it by itself?
View Quote
I think UPIN is only if you have had issues with background checks before and was given/asked for one. I believe it is to expedite delays when you share a name with a prohibited person or other circumstance.

On my trust each Assignment of Property is its own separate page. I just print out a new page, scan, and merge it into my trust pdf that I submit. ATF isn't concerned with the non-pertinent  property.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 7:24:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: onesureshot] [#9]

I think UPIN is only if you have had issues with background checks before and was given/asked for one. I believe it is to expedite delays when you share a name with a prohibited person or other circumstance.

On my trust each Assignment of Property is its own separate page. I just print out a new page, scan, and merge it into my trust pdf that I submit. ATF isn't concerned with the non-pertinent  property.
View Quote
Is each page a different letter? Sheet A, Sheet B, etc? Do I need to include the Sheet with my first one listed? Or just the new one?

Thanks for the info
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 7:40:29 PM EDT
[#10]

Is each page a different letter? Sheet A, Sheet B, etc? Do I need to include the Sheet with my first one listed? Or just the new one?

Thanks for the info
View Quote
The way my trust is set up is I have a separate Assign. of Prop. for each NFA item, each their own separate page. My trust doesn't have a compiled sheet/schedule of all items, it is formatted to add 1 item at a time.

I would assume you could just have a separate sheet and add it on but IANAL. Hopefully someone who has a similar format to yours can chime in.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 8:04:35 PM EDT
[#11]

The way my trust is set up is I have a separate Assign. of Prop. for each NFA item, each their own separate page. My trust doesn't have a compiled sheet/schedule of all items, it is formatted to add 1 item at a time.

I would assume you could just have a separate sheet and add it on but IANAL. Hopefully someone who has a similar format to yours can chime in.
View Quote
I figured it out, My trust uses an Assignment Sheet A to list items, so I need to do a new one. From what I am gathering, I can have multiple Sheet As, each one listing a seperate item, rather than one listing multiple items
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 10:29:29 PM EDT
[#12]

I figured it out, My trust uses an Assignment Sheet A to list items, so I need to do a new one. From what I am gathering, I can have multiple Sheet As, each one listing a seperate item, rather than one listing multiple items
View Quote
You can, or you just can create another sheet A to put more items on. My trust has two pages of assignment sheets.
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 6:10:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Geronimo509] [#13]
Another question.   I e filed the form 1 for an individual around midnight. first email said pending research (i's assuming because it's an 80%), two hours hours later I got another email said pending and it included the cover letter.  I got my fingerprints. ALL i have to do now is mail the cover letter and two prints to the ATF? Nothing else goes in the mail to them?
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 8:27:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Damn, I hope not! Because that's all I sent. Cover letter and two print cards.
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 8:47:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 9:03:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cjwwd2] [#16]
Originally Posted By jnk556:
Just Form 1'd my Suomi as a individual.  Got cover letter email instantly with barcode and control number.  Email says SUBMITTED/IN PROCESS

Rolled my prints tonight, and filled in cards and they are in manila envelope with cover letter going to ATF in morning.

So a retarded question, when the prints arrive, does the status change on status on eforms??  Or do I not know anything until it is approved??  Also when it is approved I get a digital form 1 by email??  nothing is snail mailed right?
View Quote
Nope, it will not change in the eForm portal when your prints are received. Yes, you will only receive a digital copy of your form 1.
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 10:44:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 10:51:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By jnk556:

So basically I'll have no change in the portal until it is approved and I get my form 1 by email, hopefully in about a month.
View Quote
Correct.
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 11:44:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Ok fellas I've read a lot of info today. Trying to send in for my fourth stamp and struggling with the new requirements. On the Reaponsible Person Form, for name and address of maker, do I list my trust name or my name being a trustee?  Also, leave model number blank or put NA. I'm doing a form 1 to build a suppressor if that helps.
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 12:49:06 PM EDT
[#20]
On the Responsible Person Questionnaire, do I include a photo in the version that I scan and upload?  Or is that taken care of by the photo that is uploaded separately?
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 8:41:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Ruzhye:
On the Responsible Person Questionnaire, do I include a photo in the version that I scan and upload?  Or is that taken care of by the photo that is uploaded separately?
View Quote
I did. But I had some passport photos laying in the file for other uses. I scanned the form as color .pdf, since I had a color photo stuck to it.
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 11:32:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Anyone having issues with the errors about selecting an FFL despite the "No FFL" box checked?

I've tried on a couple computers, 4 different browsers, tried starting a new Form.
Nothing works. Same issue each time.
This is my first foray into NFA so go easy on me.
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 1:26:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: XeonEvolved] [#23]
Originally Posted By seaskidoo:
Anyone having issues with the errors about selecting an FFL despite the "No FFL" box checked?

I've tried on a couple computers, 4 different browsers, tried starting a new Form.
Nothing works. Same issue each time.
This is my first foray into NFA so go easy on me.
View Quote
I just tested it as a Trust, Individual, and Corp/Entity as a new form 1. No issues with the fields unlocking when checking the box. I did get an unrelated "A system error has occurred: Target Unreachable, 'F53201Bean' returned null..." but that was while I was in the main page.

Might be a compatibility issue. Try a different PC?

eta: or maybe PC security software or adblocker causing problems. It needs to register a click on the box to fetch new data for the form. I'm not familiar enough to know if that could be the cause.
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 2:46:24 AM EDT
[#24]

I just tested it as a Trust, Individual, and Corp/Entity as a new form 1. No issues with the fields unlocking when checking the box. I did get an unrelated "A system error has occurred: Target Unreachable, 'F53201Bean' returned null..." but that was while I was in the main page.

eta: or maybe PC security software or adblocker causing problems. It needs to register a click on the box to fetch new data for the form. I'm not familiar enough to know if that could be the cause.
View Quote
I'll give it another shot tomorrow at work. Hopefully it works! Thanks for the help!
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 9:18:43 AM EDT
[#25]
So trying to file my first form one as an individual and I get all the way through it and hit pay and I get a box that just says payment transaction should be completed in a new window that is open. No idea what this means. This is all it says.
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 10:05:00 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Tombo192192:
So trying to file my first form one as an individual and I get all the way through it and hit pay and I get a box that just says payment transaction should be completed in a new window that is open. No idea what this means. This is all it says.
View Quote
Turn off popup blocker, try again.
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 10:06:23 AM EDT
[#27]

Turn off popup blocker, try again.
View Quote
Yep that was it. Had my wife help me out got it figured out and submitted. Thank you for the response.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 2:55:13 PM EDT
[#28]
First off, thank you to Big Waylon for putting this whole walkthrough together. It took an intimidating process and made it easy. I filled out my 1st suppressor form about 2 weeks ago, and my 2nd last night.  Plans for 3 and 4 are rattling around in my head, and I think two shooting buddies and my dad all have some interest.  Don't think I would have ever started if I hadn't seen this guide a month or two back.

I do have a question from my form last night. For my 1st one I got an immediate email saying it was submitted/in process, and included pdfs of the Form 1 and the fingerprint cover letter.  Last night's email came back in "pending" and missing the fingerprint cover letter as I noticed when I went to print and package the prints.

The only difference I can think of is my 1st Form had my model name and caliber in the drop downs, and my 2nd had the model but I had to fill in the caliber. Anyone know if that's what could cause me to be pending and not get a cover letter for my prints? Or should I just email the atf?
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 4:02:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By TGE:
First off, thank you to Big Waylon for putting this whole walkthrough together. It took an intimidating process and made it easy. I filled out my 1st suppressor form about 2 weeks ago, and my 2nd last night.  Plans for 3 and 4 are rattling around in my head, and I think two shooting buddies and my dad all have some interest.  Don't think I would have ever started if I hadn't seen this guide a month or two back.

I do have a question from my form last night. For my 1st one I got an immediate email saying it was submitted/in process, and included pdfs of the Form 1 and the fingerprint cover letter.  Last night's email came back in "pending" and missing the fingerprint cover letter as I noticed when I went to print and package the prints.

The only difference I can think of is my 1st Form had my model name and caliber in the drop downs, and my 2nd had the model but I had to fill in the caliber. Anyone know if that's what could cause me to be pending and not get a cover letter for my prints? Or should I just email the atf?
View Quote
Sounds like it went "Pending Research" which happened on my suppressor because it was a unique model number. It took about a week to get a new email that updated the status to submitted/in-process.

I'm guessing they got a lot of questions regarding the blank cover-sheet already, from what you said now they don't send an invalid one anymore when the submission goes to pending research.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 4:16:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Sounds like it went "Pending Research" which happened on my suppressor because it was a unique model number. It took about a week to get a new email that updated the status to submitted/in-process.

I'm guessing they got a lot of questions regarding the blank cover-sheet already, from what you said now they don't send an invalid one anymore when the submission goes to pending research.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

OK, thank you. That's got to be it. God, why didn't I just use an existing model/cal?!?
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 5:18:11 PM EDT
[#31]
OK, thank you. That's got to be it. God, why didn't I just use an existing model/cal?!?
View All Quotes

OK, problem solved I guess. Putting an update here in case anyone else runs into this.

Went to "pending research" last night, probably due to new model name/caliber combination, and my email confirmation did not include the fingerprint cover letter. I got an email update 10 minutes ago with a change to "submitted/in process" along with the fingerprint cover letter.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 2:59:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Tombo192192] [#32]
I just noticed in my email after I sent the eform in I got a copy of the form on a pdf. Does a copy of this get sent to the chief of police? Also I noticed on the copy none of the yes or no questions were filled in. Only thing on the form that doesn’t have info in it. But I thought they were filled out when I submitted it.

I’ve been asking a lot of dumb questions but this is my first form one. Just want to make sure this stuff is right.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 3:06:12 AM EDT
[#33]
I just noticed in my email after I sent the eform in I got a copy of the form on a pdf. Does a copy of this get sent to the chief of police? Also I noticed on the copy none of the yes or no questions were filled in. Only thing on the form that doesn’t have info in it. But I thought they were filled out when I submitted it.

I’ve been asking a lot of dumb questions but this is my first form one. Just want to make sure this stuff is right.
View Quote
If you are using a trust then there are no Yes/No questions to answer as those would be on the RPQ, I can't speak for F1 as individual. Either way you need to print out the CLEO copy (mine was pages 4-6) and send it in to the CLEO on your form.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 3:09:56 AM EDT
[#34]

If you are using a trust then there are no Yes/No questions to answer as those would be on the RPQ, I can't speak for F1 as individual. Either way you need to print out the CLEO copy (mine was pages 4-6) and send it in to the CLEO on your form.
View Quote
It was an individual F1. But I appreciate the response.
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 12:54:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1057] [#35]
Anyone have an issue with picture rotated 90 degrees to the left on the draft?
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 3:47:46 PM EDT
[#36]

View Quote
I just filled out my first form 1. (e-form.)  I don't think there are any dumb questions.  When I viewed my completed form - which I received via email from the ATF after submittal - also had the missing checkmarks for all the required questions next to my photo.

Also, the same info is missing on the LEO's copy - and my photo is not printed on this copy either.  Any one have any suggestions????
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 4:47:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 4:56:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Ok, thanks for that info.  I did try and go back to my form and answer - again - all of the questions.  But the form won't let me make any changes to it.  I'm waiting for a response from "ask the experts."  Hope they can help.
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 6:50:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By 1057:
Anyone have an issue with picture rotated 90 degrees to the left on the draft?
View Quote
I had that problem. I resized the photo and tried it again. It seemed to work.
Link Posted: 2/26/2019 7:31:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Default-Gateway] [#40]
Trying to file my 1st efile form 1 as an individual for an SBR that is currently a pistol.  For the section of electronic documents I do not have anything to put here as I am filing as an individual.  Can that be left blank?

Also, do I have to attach a scanned copy of the fingerprints since you already have to send by mail to them?

I'm sure that this has been answered before but after scanning through pages upon pages I could not find the answers.  Thanks

@BigWaylon
Link Posted: 2/26/2019 8:16:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/26/2019 8:27:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Default-Gateway] [#42]
Originally Posted By BigWaylon:

You don’t need a scanned copy of the FP cards.

I’m not 100% sure on the electronic documents question for an individual, but I’d think it would be left blank.
View Quote
Thanks, that is what I figured but wanted to check.   apparently the save button doesn't work on their site or atleast not for me.  Now to start this all over again.  Yay Freedom.

ETA: Maybe it did save it.  Submitted and realized that I F'd up 13.D by putting no instead of NA.  I take it that it will get returned?
Link Posted: 2/26/2019 9:50:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/26/2019 10:16:01 PM EDT
[#44]
I’m betting No instead of N/A won’t be an issue.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Default-Gateway:

ETA: Maybe it did save it.  Submitted and realized that I F'd up 13.D by putting no instead of NA.  I take it that it will get returned?
I’m betting No instead of N/A won’t be an issue.
Cool, I know that I answered it correctly the first time through as well. That's the same one they try to nail you with in a 4473.

I went back to the saved form to compete it and didn't notice till they sent the email with the submitted form.

Thanks for your help and posts.
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 9:42:22 AM EDT
[#45]
Thanks for this post! I have another dumb question!

I just received my approved Form 1 this morning. I had a few hiccups in the submission process that caused the first attempt to get rejected. The corrected second attempt flew through. My question is that my approved Form 1 says DRAFT across the face of it in a large, bold greyed out watermark. Do they all look like that when they are approved? I thought I read that somewhere on here in the past, but I couldn't find the thread to see what the answer was.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 12:13:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 8:37:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Billyar15] [#47]
I'll give it another shot tomorrow at work. Hopefully it works! Thanks for the help!
View All Quotes

I'm  having the same problem with the FFL box. Did another computer work for you? @seaskidoo
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 8:43:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Billyar15:

I'm  having the same problem with the FFL box. Did another computer work for you? @seaskidoo
View Quote
I tried it on a computer at work and had no issues.

I did notice that the formatting on my phone's browsers didn't show the yes/no check boxes for the questions. That gave me the same error as on my personal laptop.
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 10:12:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Billyar15] [#49]

I did notice that the formatting on my phone's browsers didn't show the yes/no check boxes for the questions. That gave me the same error as on my personal laptop.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Billyar15:

10-4, thanks. I've tried several work computers and my laptop at home. It still wants an FFL selected even though I checked the "No FFL" box. Aggravating.... Finally got it.
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 1:31:17 AM EDT
[#50]
So I have pic and everything uploaded. When I go to view form should it show my document with pic attached or will they do that themselves?
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top