User Panel

Page / 66
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 1:56:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/12/2023 8:11:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By arjohnson:
The fact that they’re all over the map with approvals is a joke, I’m seeing form 4’s being approved faster than form 1’s as only one example. Why some are waiting almost 300 days and some waiting 120 or less is a complete joke. At least before you had an idea on when you were going to be approved, now it’s a crap shoot.
View Quote

Their whole dept is a joke
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 10:56:13 AM EDT
[#3]
I was on hold yesterday for an hour to check status — and never got through.
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 11:05:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Stopped in my dealer the other day and they said they're running anywhere from 5-14mo on approvals.

They're thinking about gaming the system and turning in their SOT because when that happens apparently the ATF is mandated to force all approvals within 30 days.

..and then starting their SOT back up at a later time.

So even dealers are getting desperate.
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 3:08:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Eric802:

Only thing I can think is that they have separate queues for 1's and 4's, and the Form 1's are slammed because of the SBR amnesty filings. I'm on month 5 of mine right now.
View Quote

That's nuts. My amnesty forms took less than 30 days each in April
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 6:12:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Been waiting since February 1 for a Form 4 on a trust.
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 10:16:43 AM EDT
[#7]
One of my amnesty brace eforms was rejected over 100 days after I submitted it.  Of course it was rejected after the brace registration period had ended by about a week and a half.  The ATF said I would need to file a PAPER Form 1 and attach my old PDF to it as reference, and resubmit .

Well, it has been 150 days now, and nothing except for them saying it is “in process “.  Combined it has been over an eight month wait.

All of my other submissions came back before May, so this is the final one.

Anyone else still waiting on a paper form 1 amnesty brace resubmit?   Anyone get theirs approved yet?

I see all these sub one month eform approvals and have a suspicion that the paper amnesty forms are going to some dude that works part time and approves one a day.   It is taking longer than some people wait for suppressors!
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 11:23:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kokopelli] [#8]
My eform 1 brace on my trust was submitted Feb 4. Still shows submitted.

An SBS eform 1 I submitted on the same trust in October was approved in 15 days.

They are simply inefficient or downright inept.
Link Posted: 11/21/2023 7:31:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Can’t say that I’m glad, but it’s reassuring to see some other amnesty waits.  Still waiting on my 5/30 submissions and haven’t really seen any amnesty approvals on the main thread.

Ridiculous that new Form 1s are taking 2 weeks while mandated bs form 1s are languishing
Link Posted: 11/21/2023 4:24:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Silencer Shop's wait time for a Form 4 Trust submission is down to 155 days. I'm at 188 days in my wait for a Trust with no RP's listed on it. FUCK!
Link Posted: 11/21/2023 4:34:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By nhill:
Can’t say that I’m glad, but it’s reassuring to see some other amnesty waits.  Still waiting on my 5/30 submissions and haven’t really seen any amnesty approvals on the main thread.

Ridiculous that new Form 1s are taking 2 weeks while mandated bs form 1s are languishing
View Quote

FYI I saw some people on reddit get notice that their form 1s were cancelled because of the legal action against the brace rule.
Link Posted: 11/21/2023 7:34:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By walldj45:

FYI I saw some people on reddit get notice that their form 1s were cancelled because of the legal action against the brace rule.
View Quote

They're not cancelled. They're simply not processing any more approvals at the moment.
Link Posted: 11/21/2023 7:38:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Eric802:

Only thing I can think is that they have separate queues for 1's and 4's, and the Form 1's are slammed because of the SBR amnesty filings. I'm on month 5 of mine right now.
View Quote

I’m currently over 100 days on 2 paid individual form 1’s when my last one only took 12 days. Now I’m seeing 2 week approval’s pretty consistently. Also at 160 days on one of my form 4’s and have two other form 4’s over 90 days, guess I’m not one of the lucky ones. All I can say is it’s a cluster fuck at this point, they’re probably doing the faster approvals to keep the averages down.
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 7:48:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By kokopelli:

They are simply inefficient or downright inept.
View Quote

It's a lot of both.
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 6:52:03 PM EDT
[#15]
234 days on a form 4 e-file. The avg wait times are always laughably shorter than my wait times.
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 7:40:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By HaveBlue83:
234 days on a form 4 e-file. The avg wait times are always laughably shorter than my wait times.
View Quote

Did you email the FBI?

I do it about once a month and get my cans fairly fast.

RC2 approved today, 66 days.  
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 8:55:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Never did help when I did that before. I don't expect it till I'm over 340 like my other 3 cans all were.
Link Posted: 12/12/2023 8:59:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Glocked] [#18]
Never did help when I did that before. I don't expect it till I'm over 340 like my other 3 cans all were.
View Quote

Pretty sure he’s talking about emailing NICS, not ATF. Have you tried emailing IPB too?
Link Posted: 12/13/2023 5:26:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Finally!
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 11:57:49 AM EDT
[#20]
The fact that the AFT designed the new e-forms system, and can't link all your pending forms together so that when they do one background check everything you have pending gets approved, is ridiculous.  Also stupid that they don't do things in order.  I just got a form 4 approved and when I opened it to see which one, it wasn't even the one I've been waiting the longest for.
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 1:52:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HaveBlue83] [#21]
Originally Posted By Glocked:

Pretty sure he's talking about emailing NICS, not ATF. Have you tried emailing IPB too?
View Quote
NICS? Yeah the same ones who delay me for 2hrs when I buy a gun 80% of the time. Love those guys. (Is it Iraq, is it my VA %? Like wtf)

No, I didn't know u could even call them about an NFA thing. I always call ATF and they give me the same runaround. That's why I just expect a year since it's always a year. I'll look into the IPB thing I guess.
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 2:33:34 PM EDT
[#22]
NICS? Yeah the same ones who delay me for 2hrs when I buy a gun 80% of the time. Love those guys. (Is it Iraq, is it my VA %? Like wtf)

No, I didn't know u could even call them about an NFA thing. I always call ATF and they give me the same runaround. That's why I just expect a year since it's always a year. I'll look into the IPB thing I guess.
View Quote
The part in bold actually makes sense why you have a long wait.

I'm pretty sure once the examiner gets to working on your form, they normally do a normal NICS check, if it's proceed then they move on.  If it's delay, then they elevate to sending your fingerprints to the FBI for their full check.  The issue there is that the FBI fingerprint center is woefully backed up, and they don't have any priority to do NFA checks, so your application gets stuck there in limbo for a really long time.
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 9:44:07 PM EDT
[#23]
NICS just replied to my email!

From Oct 11th.

What a joke.
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 4:03:33 PM EDT
[#24]
I submitted 2 FJB free brace form 1's and 1 paid form 1 late May. All were submitted together and I mailed in prints. All sit in submitted. I am thinking of withdrawing the 2 bitch braces and see if the 1 paid will move on through. Of course they cashed the check sane day submitted or I would cancel all 3. The way they do business it may take 10 yrs to get a refund.  What a shit show....
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 4:40:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Kerry201pro:
I submitted 2 FJB free brace form 1's and 1 paid form 1 late May. All were submitted together and I mailed in prints. All sit in submitted. I am thinking of withdrawing the 2 bitch braces and see if the 1 paid will move on through. Of course they cashed the check sane day submitted or I would cancel all 3. The way they do business it may take 10 yrs to get a refund.  What a shit show....
View Quote

They are no longer processing amnesty form 1s because of the court proceedings.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 2:34:50 PM EDT
[#26]
359 days and counting. Trust. 2 cans on Form 4.

49min wait on hold. Agent was a nice enough guy and actually apologized. He said most of the calls coming in are from Dec 22- Feb 23 submission dates. Acknowledged other forms 4's are coming in with submissions from April. He stated the problem wwas with them, but couldn't do anything to help me.

Nothing but an infringement. At best, they're imbeciles who suck at their jobs. Fuck the BATFE.

Link Posted: 1/5/2024 10:42:39 AM EDT
[#27]
Saw a post on reddit today, 5 days for a form 1. FIVE. I'm at 324 and counting. The gov is full of incompetent retards
Link Posted: 1/5/2024 10:46:09 AM EDT
[#28]
I submitted a duplicate on Tues this week and paid another $200. All I can do is hope that kick starts it.
Link Posted: 1/5/2024 11:53:27 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Bud:
Been waiting since February 1 for a Form 4 on a trust.
View Quote

Still waiting.

Called ATF and left multiple messages.  No response.

Send two emails a month apart to NICS.  No response.

Contacted my congressman.  ATF confirmed to his office that I am "in process".  

This is egregious dereliction by the ATF.  They are intentionally delaying simply because they can.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 9:05:53 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By mk4dubbin:
Saw a post on reddit today, 5 days for a form 1. FIVE. I'm at 324 and counting. The gov is full of incompetent retards
View Quote

I came here after seeing all the super short wait times being posted on reddit and elsewhere, just curious if I was the only one getting f'd.

I'm at 170, 101 & 35 days on some eform1's. I guess you have me beat by a good margin. I've had a few people suggest cancelling and resubmitting but the fact they aren't approving any of mine makes me skeptical that I'd be any better off. I'm beginning to think I've been added to some secret shit list. I feel like I probably have a duty to write to my congressman but I know that won't help.

Does anyone think there is a chance that us long wait guys are getting hung up on the NICS part, maybe a UPIN would help?
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 3:53:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By BASE:

I came here after seeing all the super short wait times being posted on reddit and elsewhere, just curious if I was the only one getting f'd.

I'm at 170, 101 & 35 days on some eform1's. I guess you have me beat by a good margin. I've had a few people suggest cancelling and resubmitting but the fact they aren't approving any of mine makes me skeptical that I'd be any better off. I'm beginning to think I've been added to some secret shit list. I feel like I probably have a duty to write to my congressman but I know that won't help.

Does anyone think there is a chance that us long wait guys are getting hung up on the NICS part, maybe a UPIN would help?
View Quote

Nope you’re not alone, at 150 and 144 and counting, doubt it’s a NICS hang up for me cause my last one was 12 days. I think they’re sitting at the bottom or lost in the system.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 8:00:56 PM EDT
[#32]
I’m at 363 days on a F4…
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 7:04:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By PhrozenChild:
I’m at 363 days on a F4…
View Quote

I'm at about 300 days on one, too.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 2:44:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By 11boomboom:

I'm at about 300 days on one, too.
View Quote
264 here.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 1:37:22 PM EDT
[#35]
374 days later… FINALLY!!!

Link Posted: 1/22/2024 5:27:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Figured once I hit the 150 mark it was going to be a while, then 2 days later got two form 1’s approved, 3 days after that a form 4 at 140 days, 2 days later two more form 4’s at 208 and 161 days. Now I’m officially done waiting, all five I had in came in a one week period. Such a frustrating thing at times doing this nfa stuff.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 11:15:39 AM EDT
[#37]
302, f4 e-file.

Still in the swamp

My sot just got back 2 for a guy... 4 days and 27 days wait.

There is no order. There is no sense.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 6:59:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11boomboom] [#38]
302, f4 e-file.

Still in the swamp

My sot just got back 2 for a guy... 4 days and 27 days wait.

There is no order. There is no sense.
View Quote

I'm at 325 and 319 for two E-filed Form 4s. I authorized my house rep to find out what's the holdup from the ATF yesterday.

No criminal record in my 40 years of life.
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 12:20:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: freqlord98] [#39]
I haven't been waiting as long as some of y'all (154 days Eform 4), but seeing some of these 40-day form 4's returning is getting a little frustrating.  My average has been about 230 days for my past two.

For kicks and grins, I just emailed the NICSliason and IPB emails for an update.  We shall see what comes from it.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 4:05:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Two Eform 4s. Waiting since March last year.

Contacted my rep last week and got a response from the ATF this morning. They responded that my Form 4s were pending research on the NICS check.

My rep checked with the FBI and they responded this afternoon that my NICS check was completed December 19th.

WTF.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 5:36:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HaveBlue83] [#41]
306 days, I called ATF NFA branch.

I am currently fbi nics delay status. They are awaiting NICS.....the SAMEEEEEE MFKRS who further review me 80% of the time when I buy a gun.

They said they don't get it either. They had one come back in 1.5hrs and then others that are forever. They also said they do not know how long I've been in a delay, just that I am.

Draconian ish.

ETA:

Nics said nope not us. They just type your name into our system. We get these calls ALLLL day, here:

ATF center 18666622750

Link Posted: 2/21/2024 6:13:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11boomboom] [#42]
306 days, I called ATF NFA branch.

I am currently fbi nics delay status. They are awaiting NICS.....the SAMEEEEEE MFKRS who further review me 80% of the time when I buy a gun.

They said they don't get it either. They had one come back in 1.5hrs and then others that are forever. They also said they do not know how long I've been in a delay, just that I am.

Draconian ish.

ETA:

Nics said nope not us. They just type your name into our system. We get these calls ALLLL day, here:

ATF center 18666622750

View Quote

I've been playing phone tag for two days at the ATF contact (304-616-6500 number) and said they can't do anything, same as the dealer (they did say they'd message "Ask an Expert"). NICS check was completed over two months ago.

ATF won't do anything.
FBI is already done.
Dealer can't do anything.

I re-messaged my rep, who's helped me get all the info so far. Maybe he can put a boot in their ass.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 9:53:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By 11boomboom:

I've been playing phone tag for two days at the ATF contact (304-616-6500 number) and said they can't do anything, same as the dealer (they did say they'd message "Ask an Expert"). NICS check was completed over two months ago.

ATF won't do anything.
FBI is already done.
Dealer can't do anything.

I re-messaged my rep, who's helped me get all the info so far. Maybe he can put a boot in their ass.
View Quote

I guess I'm gonna call mehafges office and see if he's got info for who to contact since it's federal ish.

This is such a high levels of incompetence ...
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 11:31:07 PM EDT
[#44]

I guess I'm gonna call mehafges office and see if he's got info for who to contact since it's federal ish.

This is such a high levels of incompetence ...
View Quote

Good luck
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 10:13:28 AM EDT
[#45]
I have a pretty silly complaint.

My F4 was submitted in mid November and approved in mid February.  I expected a 6 month wait and it was approved Right at 90 days……

I’ve been out of town for work for the last two weeks.😐

The knowledge that my can is sitting there waiting for me to come pick it up is killing me!
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 10:52:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11boomboom] [#46]
Originally Posted By FighterFixer1:
I have a pretty silly complaint.

My F4 was submitted in mid November and approved in mid February.  I expected a 6 month wait and it was approved Right at 90 days……

I’ve been out of town for work for the last two weeks.😐

The knowledge that my can is sitting there waiting for me to come pick it up is killing me!
View Quote

334 days. Background check completed over two months ago. No movement on my paperwork. Congressman, ATF and FBI contacted via the methods recommended here, by my congressman, the ATF and FBI.

Nothing yet and it's been 4 days since my last communication with all of the agencies.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 4:12:34 PM EDT
[#47]
I was on my way to mail the letter to my rep and my buddy sent me this....
I MADE IT BOYS!!! IM OUTTA JAIL!!!

Link Posted: 4/2/2024 1:04:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Emailed the ATF on 3/14/24 for a can purchased July 23.

Got an answer back that it was approved 2/10/24.

Neither I nor my dealer got an email with the approved form 4.  

After much emailing back and forth my dealer found it in eforms.  

Link Posted: 4/2/2024 5:44:41 PM EDT
[#49]
I was on my way to mail the letter to my rep and my buddy sent me this....
I MADE IT BOYS!!! IM OUTTA JAIL!!!

https://i.postimg.cc/s2zjC0sJ/Screenshot-20240318-161042.png

View Quote

I'm only at like 8 days waut but I emailed my rep anyways.
This shit is fucked. There is no reason for any of the delay. Should be cash and carry but since it's not, why is there not just a 4473 and walk out the door?
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 11:20:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RobZ71LM7] [#50]
3 eform 1’s on 3/28, 1 approved yesterday-no batch?

Not a complaint, but more of a I hope my others aren’t in left field.  On 3/28 I filed eform 1’s with ETF finger prints on 3 different lowers.  I filed one in the morning, the next in the afternoon and the final one in the evening all on 3/28.  On 4/1 I got approval notification but it was only for the one I filed in the evening.  The others are still pending.  This process makes no sense.  Hopefully there’s no issue with my other forms.  FWIW, all three lowers are sequentially numbered.  

Edit: all were done as an individual.Attachment Attached File
Page / 66
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top