Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 66
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 9:49:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I have seen multiple SS screw ups in the last couple of months.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 9:12:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Bought my first can on 8/15/22. Banish 22, through Silencer Central. All paperwork submitted on 9/1/22. As of this morning, no updates. Would be nice to have things approved next month for my B-Day, but I suspect late June/Early July now.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 5:01:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Welp, FML. It turns out my forms were expedited, my FFL is changing hands. The ATF said since they were expedited they're not looking at any corrections/ resubmissions and to return denied cans to sender by close of business tomorrow.  I'm not sure why form 3 to another dealer isn't an option but I'm still looking into things as the company I bought it from won't accept returned NFA items
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 6:03:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By M4Real:
Two cans submitted on 7/22 of last year on eform 4s to my trust. 290 fucking days and still nothing.

Edited to add.

Ironically as I just posted this today, I just got an email stating one can is approved.
View Quote

Pretty much the same for me, except still no approval.  Certified 7/28/22.  Now sitting for 286 days and counting.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:04:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I saw in the eForm1 tracking that a few more paid approvals from mid-Jan to mid-Feb with paper prints are starting to show up. I think there are a bunch of us waiting. I've got 2 submitted (1 SBR / 1 SBS) and have seen no movement yet (at about 110 days). Hopefully soon...
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 5:40:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By rw66:
I saw in the eForm1 tracking that a few more paid approvals from mid-Jan to mid-Feb with paper prints are starting to show up. I think there are a bunch of us waiting. I've got 2 submitted (1 SBR / 1 SBS) and have seen no movement yet (at about 110 days). Hopefully soon...
View Quote
Fingers crossed
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 5:28:37 PM EDT
[#7]
I have an eform1 submitted on 1/21 with paper prints that has not been approved also. Does it matter that I do not have an internal control number showing up on the eform website for that submission? The form is showing up under submitted/in process.

I tried calling today but forgot they were on eastern time so missed them. Will probably call Monday if I get a minute at work.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 5:55:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By mr_big_jm:
I have an eform1 submitted on 1/21 with paper prints that has not been approved also. Does it matter that I do not have an internal control number showing up on the eform website for that submission? The form is showing up under submitted/in process.

I tried calling today but forgot they were on eastern time so missed them. Will probably call Monday if I get a minute at work.

Thanks.
View Quote
You got the email after the submission with the cover letter right?  The Permit/Control Number should be on that.

The "Internal Control Number" in eForms is something you can optionally designate for yourself.  It's a reference number for the submitter's sake if they want to use it.  For example, I keep it simple and put something like "AK SBR 1" or "AR SBR 3" there for my own reference.  If you left it blank, that's fine.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 7:05:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Two questions re: the "amnesty" form 1.

1) I filled out a couple last night but don't see them in my list on the ATF site. I only have a "Drafts" section which is blank. Is this normal?

2) I submitted electronic fingerprints. I thought I read/heard somewhere that if that's the case you either don't get the cover letter for physical prints or it says somewhere that you submitted them electronically (don't remember which) but I'm not seeing that. I might be mistaken on this though.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 8:08:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By CeruleanRed:
Two questions re: the "amnesty" form 1.

1) I filled out a couple last night but don't see them in my list on the ATF site. I only have a "Drafts" section which is blank. Is this normal?

2) I submitted electronic fingerprints. I thought I read/heard somewhere that if that's the case you either don't get the cover letter for physical prints or it says somewhere that you submitted them electronically (don't remember which) but I'm not seeing that. I might be mistaken on this though.
View Quote

first make sure you are using
https://eforms.atf.gov/login

and click the blue button, not the red button you did to do the brace form. they do not show up on the brace from web site.

for your second question, you got the email correct either saying submitted or in process or pending research?
on that email you will notice to your name a RECD telling you they got your EFT

I hope this helps
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 9:01:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By rmdye:

and click the blue button, not the red button you did to do the brace form. they do not show up on the brace from web site.

for your second question, you got the email correct either saying submitted or in process or pending research?

I hope this helps
View Quote
None of my eForm4s show up on the eforms site. Is there more than one site?
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 9:30:01 AM EDT
[#12]
None of my eForm4s show up on the eforms site. Is there more than one site?
View Quote

The Eform 4s show up on the dealer eforms account, not yours.

I learned that last month.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 9:31:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: NesralG] [#13]
That’s because they’re on your dealers account/page. You’ll only know what happens when the form changes status and the ATF emails you.

Edit: beat by a minute
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 9:38:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Thanks for the clarification guys.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 10:01:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for the clarification guys.
View Quote

You're welcome.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 2:48:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NesralG] [#16]
Eform 1 day 110. I'm mentally prepared to break @Big-Bore 's 122 day wait..
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 3:08:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By NesralG:
View Quote

I'm expecting a 100-day wait now that I'm over 60 days. Not too many approvals in the 60-80 day range. Mostly in the 90+ and -40 day range.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 7:28:24 PM EDT
[#18]
View Quote

My 1/17 eform 1 was just approved yesterday
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 7:30:02 PM EDT
[#19]
I’m at 109 days for a paid EFT form 1…..used ask an expert and told keep waiting
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 11:01:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: biometrician] [#20]
It's been about 2 weeks since I found out my form 4's were hung up because of a delayed NICS check.  My senator's staff hasn't really said anything and I can't even get a person to answer the phone or respond to an email.  My oldest NICS check is still in delay status after 6 weeks, which means 6 more weeks until I get a denial unless some miracle happens and they actually complete my NICS checks.

I literally bought a rifle today and it only took 2min for the background check to return a proceed.

I guess the FBI/ATF hates me and wants me to die.  

287 days on can #1, 268 days for can #2, and 252 days for can #3.  I just don't want my tinnitus to get worse.
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 8:45:12 AM EDT
[#21]
I submitted my Brace eForm 1 with EFT on 2/24 and I'm on day 83.

Some folks who submitted in late April getting approved in less than 20 days. Frustrating
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 9:44:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Day 123 for me. And I'm an FFL/SOT.
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 9:50:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By mgmidence:
I submitted my Brace eForm 1 with EFT on 2/24 and I'm on day 83.

Some folks who submitted in late April getting approved in less than 20 days. Frustrating
View Quote

2/11 here. Seeing all those roll in is pissing me off.
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 1:48:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By AZ_Raptor:
Day 123 for me. And I'm an FFL/SOT.
View Quote
121 days for me on 6 form 1s.

Submitted/in process
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 4:12:06 PM EDT
[#25]
I have 5 form 1s I’m waiting on as well from Feb 26.   My other ones were approved in March and April, but these are taking the slow train.   I also hate seeing people getting sub-20 day approvals for submissions they did late April.

I called the ATF and inquired and they could only tell me “They are pending review”.   It is so frustrating.

Does anyone know how many days you get to resubmit should any of those form 1s get sent back with an issue?  What of it is past the end of this month when the courtesy registration period is over?  What happens then?
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 7:42:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By CovertChannels:
I have 5 form 1s I’m waiting on as well from Feb 26.   My other ones were approved in March and April, but these are taking the slow train.   I also hate seeing people getting sub-20 day approvals for submissions they did late April.

I called the ATF and inquired and they could only tell me “They are pending review”.   It is so frustrating.

Does anyone know how many days you get to resubmit should any of those form 1s get sent back with an issue?  What of it is past the end of this month when the courtesy registration period is over?  What happens then?
View Quote

If you've made an attempt, you'll be able to resubmit your brace application for the firearm in question, even after the final date. No worries on that end.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 2:54:40 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By rmdye:

I hope this helps
View Quote

That sorted me, thanks.

I do see the applications on the regular eforms site as well the "REC'D" on the cover letter attachment.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 9:06:58 AM EDT
[#28]
1 of 3 submitted 1/25......still waiting.  lost in space/in process

called to check, hurry up and wait
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 12:31:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By D_Man:
You got the email after the submission with the cover letter right?  The Permit/Control Number should be on that.

The "Internal Control Number" in eForms is something you can optionally designate for yourself.  It's a reference number for the submitter's sake if they want to use it.  For example, I keep it simple and put something like "AK SBR 1" or "AR SBR 3" there for my own reference.  If you left it blank, that's fine.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By D_Man:
Originally Posted By mr_big_jm:

Thanks.

Thanks for the info. I have the email. I forgot about that option (internal control #) on the form.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 10:44:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Crossed over the 125 day mark for my 2 submissions - 1  SBR & 1 SBS - paid with paper prints
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 9:49:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Crossed over the 125 day mark for my 2 submissions - 1  SBR & 1 SBS - paid with paper prints
View Quote

Almost there with you.

For reference, I applied for, and received, my FFL, bought from a distributor and sold guns inside the time I've been waiting for my EForm1
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 7:11:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11boomboom] [#32]
I'm sure I'll break over 100 days. I hit day 70 today.

Eta: Paid trust with 1 RP
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 7:44:18 AM EDT
[#33]
I hit the 90 day mark today on my Brace eForm1 with EFT
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:29:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Glocked] [#34]
View Quote

I’m just a couple days behind you, but with eft prints. After day 100 or so a few weeks back, I started to hope they hurry up and deny them. Did paid forms, so they don’t know anything about them having braces. Finally got a message back from an examiner. Her advice was for me to commit perjury.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 10:43:22 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Glocked:

I’m just a couple days behind you, but with eft prints. After day 100 or so a few weeks back, I started to hope they hurry up and deny them. Did paid forms, so they don’t know anything about them having braces. Finally got a message back from an examiner. Her advice was for me to commit perjury.
View Quote

So I'm guessing they're putting everything but amnesty braces on the back burner?
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 10:56:57 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By 11boomboom:

So I'm guessing they're putting everything but amnesty braces on the back burner?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 11boomboom:
Originally Posted By Glocked:

There’s no telling. I’d asked an examiner about adding something to the paid Form 1 on a stripped lower. Complete with pics of it being a stripped lower. Her advice was, cancel it, add what I needed to, then resubmit it under the brace rule.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 10:55:35 PM EDT
[#37]
My 2/13 forms with paper prints are all still pending.

Still better than some of the old paper forms I did years ago.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 10:32:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Publius] [#38]
View Quote

I feel your pain.  I submitted on 2/13.  

Paid
Trust w/ 1 RP (24 Mos. Letter from last year's Form 4)
Eform
SBR
Paper Prints

Called recently and they said "they have everything."  I'm getting paranoid.  I think it said Colt United States on Form itself but Colt Defense, Hartford Conn. on my CLEO Notice. And I called it a CR6920 and not a Carbine based on what the box said.  (I double checked CFR rule and it does not specify what they mean by "make."  Some say it has to be what's on the gun, but others have apparently been approved by saying 6920 or whatever.)

Anyway, if anything is wrong, they could reject or ask for correction. I can start over. Instead, nothing.  Crickets.  I hear about ppl getting approved 30, 45, 60 days.  Just did the math.  This is 110 days.  

Has anyone heard much longer than this?  Any thoughts on issues I described?  What about simultaneously resubmitting without withdrawing or with withdrawing.  

Kinda feel like I just want to ride it out at this point.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 11:39:11 AM EDT
[#39]
110 days
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 2:43:22 PM EDT
[#40]
101 days
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 3:52:10 PM EDT
[#41]
139 days - paid eForm w/paper prints…
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 1:15:39 PM EDT
[#42]
124 days. I'm not in a hurry but damn this is retarded.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 8:59:23 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By rubicon20032003:

If it’s a free stamp one .And you were disproved once next one has to be a paper form .If not you’ll get a second disapproval
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By rubicon20032003:
Originally Posted By --FLEET--:

Update:  I received an APPROVED on my second lower on 4/16 by a different examiner who apparently saw nothing wrong with the upper not being attached in the photo. Just a total crap shoot. Tried calling in about my disapproval and they told me I had to go through email to get any answers. Did not get an email response.  I stated in the email that the upper was not attached in order to comply with the rule that technically went into affect once it was published in the federal registry on Jan 31st. Oh well I guess, I resubmitted a form 1 today with the picture cropped just to the markings with no way of knowing if the upper is attached. We'll see how that goes.

If it’s a free stamp one .And you were disproved once next one has to be a paper form .If not you’ll get a second disapproval

Update:  I received an approval on the 31st for the second attempt freebie eform. On the last day of the compliance period no less. Just no rhyme or reason to any of it.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 12:07:16 PM EDT
[#44]
I purchased two cans on Feb 9th so I'm roughly 4 months into the waiting period. I also just closed on 80 acres in Florida which will be my new home address. Little did I know that the paperwork can't be changed and has to be refiled with the new address. Looks like I wasted 4 months of wait time. I'm moving to the back of the line and starting all over.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 11:07:00 AM EDT
[#45]
105 days on Brace eForm 1 with EFT.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 9:51:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Gypsyman:
I purchased two cans on Feb 9th so I'm roughly 4 months into the waiting period. I also just closed on 80 acres in Florida which will be my new home address. Little did I know that the paperwork can't be changed and has to be refiled with the new address. Looks like I wasted 4 months of wait time. I'm moving to the back of the line and starting all over.
View Quote

I was pretty sure that as long as you’re in the same state it doesn’t matter
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 11:25:25 PM EDT
[#47]
I’m moving from Washington to Florida.
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 12:35:14 PM EDT
[#48]
My SiCo BOGO can from last year was just approved today. The two cans I bought were early eFile and took 148 and 161 days.
The freebie, submitted September of last year, just came through at 269 days. Ouch. At least the wait is much easier for your 6th can than your first.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 5:32:07 PM EDT
[#49]
What is the relationship between "certified" and paying for the tax stamp?
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 7:32:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By tortilla-flats:
What is the relationship between "certified" and paying for the tax stamp?
View Quote

Certified is when the paperwork is submitted
Page / 66
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top