Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 66
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 1:10:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Nada-Nada:

Yea, read the thread. See my posts in that same thread.

NFA wait times go up and down. I had a form 1 SBR approved in just a few months years back. Now we're back to more than a year.

The 2A community is deluding themselves if they think the Anti-Gun ATF has any intention of keeping wait times for NFA down to a reasonable level for any length of time.

They have to play the game, come off as reasonable people, especially in the political atmosphere, make largely meaningless overtures, then any slight improvements end up walking back and becoming even worse over time.

The ATF could approve these in less than a day if they actually cared to so do.
View Quote
Years back there weren't anything like the number of submissions over the past 2-3 years.

Volume is a problem. You can make all the conspiracy theories you want but in the end it's a simple numbers game.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 1:30:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By ECPrevatte:
3rd
View Quote
4th.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 2:12:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By vellnueve:

Years back there weren't anything like the number of submissions over the past 2-3 years.

Volume is a problem. You can make all the conspiracy theories you want but in the end it's a simple numbers game.
View Quote
I’m a conspiracy guy but he is right. It’s volume. Lots of it and rather suddenly.

Sure, it if got national outcry and a hundred million people demanded it be fixed then sure, it would be done with the quickness. But alas, NFA folks don’t even register as “small” on the potatoes scale.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 2:13:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By BigWaylon:

Do us all a HUGE favor. Don't file another one.
View Quote
Lol. Dude, you are the best mod on this site. Seriously.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 3:41:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By GiggleSmith:

I just got THE call from my Class III.
I'll be picking it up tomorrow afternoon after work.

That made it 264 days Total.
It also means that my Original estimates were Dead On.
View Quote
Are you sure it wasn't 265 days... or even 263 days?  It was exactly 264 days?
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 9:03:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Nada-Nada] [#6]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

My sub 4 month approval was when eforms came on line, this was during a incredibly high volume period.

Volume can be overcome. It's not numbers are too high so nothing we can do, even you admit that.

As far as conspiracies.... really? ATF engages in anti-gun criminal conspiracies.... fact. Fast and Furious. Cigarette Slush Fund. This isn't even criminal, yet somehow  you get to label the idea that ATF culture could drive slow walks of NFA a kookie conspiracy?  ATF is a 'Anti-Vice' squad by design. ATF does not exist to help support these industries nor the consumers of the same.

Tell you what. 100 Bucks says that NFA approvals will never sustain sub 3 months approval for more than 2 years. Take me up on that.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 12:25:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: volfan25] [#7]
I just got THE call from my Class III.
I'll be picking it up tomorrow afternoon after work.

That made it 264 days Total.
It also means that my Original estimates were Dead On.
View Quote
Pateince isn't your stong suit so you may want to look into other hobbies.  Glad you got your can like alot of us on the forum are.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 4:10:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Strikefirst] [#8]
Nice lady at ATF just told me Individuals are currently being processed from April.

I told her about the guy getting 5 individual form ones back from june and she said they have people from other departments helping them and it is possible they are grabbing forms out of turn.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 6:33:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NemesisMind] [#9]
I'm going to keep telling myself that a trust is worth it (for the long run).
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 8:45:34 PM EDT
[#10]

My sub 4 month approval was when eforms came on line, this was during a incredibly high volume period.

Volume can be overcome. It's not numbers are too high so nothing we can do, even you admit that.

As far as conspiracies.... really? ATF engages in anti-gun criminal conspiracies.... fact. Fast and Furious. Cigarette Slush Fund. This isn't even criminal, yet somehow  you get to label the idea that ATF culture could drive slow walks of NFA a kookie conspiracy?  ATF is a 'Anti-Vice' squad by design. ATF does not exist to help support these industries nor the consumers of the same.

Tell you what. 100 Bucks says that NFA approvals will never sustain sub 3 months approval for more than 2 years. Take me up on that.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 9:10:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Nada-Nada] [#11]

View Quote
Well articulated argument. You know, there's no reason you have to engage in the conversation. That's true if you agree or disagree. Of course everyone's welcome to do so, it would just make sense, to me at least, that if you are going to do so, the responses are substantive, not completely devoid of meaning and not solely intended to be ad hominem attacks.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 10:13:11 PM EDT
[#12]
It would be nice if they got a little more efficient with mailing stuff out.  Up to 30 days? Come on.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 10:19:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By grimhollow:
Are you sure it wasn't 265 days... or even 263 days?  It was exactly 264 days?
View Quote
Yep
12/31/16
9/21/17

12/31/2016 (Top Cell - A12)
9/21/2017  (Bottom Cell - A11)
=A12-A11

Lemme guess: I was having too much fun, right????
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 10:48:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Yep
12/31/16
9/21/17

12/31/2016 (Top Cell - A12)
9/21/2017  (Bottom Cell - A11)
=A12-A11

Lemme guess: I was having too much fun, right????
View Quote
I need to give you my numbers... I think today makes a year from when I sent it off, I'd have to look, though.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 6:11:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Blanco_Diablo] [#15]
Still waiting on an October 3, 2016 Form 4 trust for my first MG... I don't think I'll do another trust form.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 7:09:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Anybody remember back when trusts used to be the way to go?
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 8:10:18 AM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

Still sticking with them here though.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 12:02:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By freerider04:
It would be nice if they got a little more efficient with mailing stuff out.  Up to 30 days? Come on.
View Quote
This is where I’m at. First I’m one of the longer form 4’s to get approved and now I’m one of the longer waits for my stamp to come in.

Bah. I better get my other can I bought in August somewhat soon. Make me even.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 1:26:18 PM EDT
[#19]

Still sticking with them here though.
View Quote
Me too... Hoping it will work itself out eventually. 
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 9:33:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By FullAutoHound:
This is where I’m at. First I’m one of the longer form 4’s to get approved and now I’m one of the longer waits for my stamp to come in.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FullAutoHound:
Originally Posted By freerider04:

Oh, they really ARE getting more efficient at mailing things out.  APPROVED September 14 and received 7 Days later.  That's a record dispatch as far as I know.  If somebody has a quicker time I'd like to know it.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 12:52:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Oh, they really ARE getting more efficient at mailing things out.  APPROVED September 14 and received 7 Days later.  That's a record dispatch as far as I know.  If somebody has a quicker time I'd like to know it.
View Quote
]

I've gotten things back 3 days after approval.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 9:36:33 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

All of my Form 1's are on a Trust, but I have no idea what I will do when I finally buy a suppressor.
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 1:22:19 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Jason280:
All of my Form 1's are on a Trust, but I have no idea what I will do when I finally buy a suppressor.
View All Quotes
I'm going to keep using my trust, and hope things get better.
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 3:59:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ScottXD] [#24]
I am on day 65 waiting on a paper form 3 from Capitol Armory. I placed my order just days before the 24 hour form 3 efiles started showing up and CA was still doing paper forms. Talked to a dealer last week that had a form 3 approval in 8 minutes. 8 fucking minutes while I sit here at 2 fucking months with NOTHING.

FATF and their incompetence.

Edit: Apparently the ATF is reading this thread because on day 66 my can is finally shipping. Now I can start the waiting game all over again.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 12:18:11 AM EDT
[#25]
It is what it is. And honestly, I don't think/concern myself with how long things have taken. In the last 13 months. I've only though about my stuff a handful of times.

But recently, with the one year "anniversary" and now 13 months (and one year since check cashed) since paperwork sent in. I'm really annoyed now that people that filed paperwork MONTHS after I did. Have gotten stuff MONTHS before now.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 10:30:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Jack_Flag:
It is what it is. And honestly, I don't think/concern myself with how long things have taken. In the last 13 months. I've only though about my stuff a handful of times.

But recently, with the one year "anniversary" and now 13 months (and one year since check cashed) since paperwork sent in. I'm really annoyed now that people that filed paperwork MONTHS after I did. Have gotten stuff MONTHS before now.
View Quote
When all those Individual form 1s started coming back that were filed 3-4-5-6 and now 7 months after I filed a trust form 1 is when I started to get annoyed. It wasn't the wait, I expected that, it's getting pushed to the end of the line and the whole month of Form 1 trusts that they skipped over. Now we all know those of use that filed trusts are screwed and we just have to sit it out.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 11:58:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Ya the time gap should be addressed better with resource allocation, not a ton we can do though.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 4:06:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Is there any way to file under a trust and not have to get fingerprints/ID cards on each individual named?  This is where I am now....I'd like to pick up a 9mm can, but have 9 names listed on my trust.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 4:36:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Is there any way to file under a trust and not have to get fingerprints/ID cards on each individual named?  This is where I am now....I'd like to pick up a 9mm can, but have 9 names listed on my trust.
View Quote
Are they all "responsible persons" (or whatever they call it) on the Schedule B? You should only have to do it for the set lot of the trust and the trustees on the Schedule B, if I'm not mistaken. 
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 6:50:22 PM EDT
[#30]
I thought wait times were supposed to drop across the board after 41f/p/q/z/x/y/whatever but i'm 9.5 months into a form 4 trust and i am the only person on said trust.... gonna have a long hard though about the nfa game once this stamp and the 2 sbr stamps im waiting on get in
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 7:32:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By BigMan74:
I thought wait times were supposed to drop across the board after 41f/p/q/z/x/y/whatever but i'm 9.5 months into a form 4 trust and i am the only person on said trust.... gonna have a long hard though about the nfa game once this stamp and the 2 sbr stamps im waiting on get in
View Quote
"Perfect. Just what we were hoping for when we wrote the rule." -ATF
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 7:34:32 PM EDT
[#32]
But yeah... I'm antsy as fuck waiting for my Form 1 + Form 4 trusts
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 8:42:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By HotdogTaco:

"Perfect. Just what we were hoping for when we wrote the rule." -ATF
View Quote
Sad part is you're right but considering i'll have all my bases covered once this can comes in that might make the decision a little easier

Oh and FATF
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 9:27:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: moose-hunter] [#34]
With my F1 Trust now at one year +14 days since the NFA branch received my paperwork...

I'm wondering if would be any faster if I asked for a refund and resubmitted my forms as a individual?  

ETA:

Originally I posted this as a bit of a joke.  However...  When I re-read my post...  Well maybe...  
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 10:55:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By moose-hunter:
With my F1 Trust now at one year +14 days since the NFA branch received my paperwork...

I'm wondering if would be any faster if I asked for a refund and resubmitted my forms as a individual?  

ETA:

Originally I posted this as a bit of a joke.  However...  When I re-read my post...  Well maybe...  
View Quote
Well hell, just submit another f1 as an individual and see what happens. I'm at 11 months on a f4 trust for a can, probably a few months yet before it's approved. I think they will have to get the trust stuff figured out sooner or later. Im going to forget about it and see how they are coming along in January as I have several more spread out over a 10 month period.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 11:40:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By joe_sun:

When all those Individual form 1s started coming back that were filed 3-4-5-6 and now 7 months after I filed a trust form 1 is when I started to get annoyed. It wasn't the wait, I expected that, it's getting pushed to the end of the line and the whole month of Form 1 trusts that they skipped over. Now we all know those of use that filed trusts are screwed and we just have to sit it out.
View Quote
I hear ya, I have waited on stuff for over a year in the past but that was when everyone was waiting, I'm the only person on my trust and have almost two dozen items on it going back a decade. I follow all their "rules" and now I'm pushed to the back of the line, waiting, waiting. Redicolous..
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 6:42:27 AM EDT
[#37]
Finally got my Form 1 approved...........mailed in late November, 2016.

Mailed the Form 4 as an individual on the same day.........still waiting.

These waits are so long that they arguably amount to a burdensome, unlawful ban in and of themselves.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 7:35:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: grimhollow] [#38]
Today is the one year anniversary of when I sent in my trust submission.  Someone called about it a couple of weeks ago, so I know somebody was at least looking at it.  I'm hoping I'll hear something any day now.

ETA: Well, one of my submissions, anyway.  The other was in January.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 1:08:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Well, what do you know!  1 year to the day from when I wrote the check!
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 1:17:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Well, what do you know!  1 year to the day from when I wrote the check!
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/198606/image-320616.JPG
View Quote
Well crap let me try, 303 days since pending
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 1:43:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dragpo] [#41]
well shit now I need to call, I'm 3 weeks shy of a year

ETA: Great convo with NFA branch although I am still pending. They are working through September trusts at the moment. The biggest time consumption is reading the trust and RP forms, as well as background checks for multiple people. If anyone in your trust fails the background check you have to start the entire process over... but its the same background check the Settlor went through before so as long as you are not a felon, you shouldn't have any problems...

Also, calling the NFA branch has ZERO impact on wait times, so call away.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 3:36:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Good luck to all of you with trust submissions.  It'll be interesting to see how long it takes the one I sent in January to come back, now.  I just got back from picking up my suppressor, didn't think this day would ever get here.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 6:58:44 PM EDT
[#43]
View Quote
Im at the same spot. Was told to just write under the trustee names " removed from trust on (date of)"  and send it in with just your stuff.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 1:37:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Nostromo] [#44]
Any recent 5320.20 timelines lately?  Emailed 8/26 for a quick trip I'm going on starting 10/6 and haven't heard a peep.

Edit- (no ones posted in the specific 5320.20 thread in a month)
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 2:51:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By ARsR4ME:
Im at the same spot. Was told to just write under the trustee names " removed from trust on (date of)"  and send it in with just your stuff.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ARsR4ME:
Create a new trust with only you as a trustee and add the other trustees on after approval. If you take the trustees off your current trust to file, they will not have access to the NFA items held by the trust.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 4:50:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 9:05:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rdennis] [#47]
Originally Posted By moose-hunter:
As posted in the "Post 41F" tread by rdennis...

Form 1 Trust mailed 9/10/16
Pending 9/26/16
Approved 9/7/17
Received in mailbox 9/16/17

Fact or fiction?

(please oh please oh please let it be true seeing my 9-12-16 submission...  please oh please...)

View Quote
True.

And the stamp for the second Form 1 Trust I mailed to ATF at the same time arrived two days later.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 9:09:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By rdennis:

True.

And the stamp for the second Form 1 Trust I mailed to ATF at the same time arrived two days later.
View Quote
Damn!!  Congrats!!!  My 9/14 submission is still MIA...  
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 9:56:11 PM EDT
[#49]
I received my 3rd and final Form 1 stamp in the mail yesterday, a full 443 days after it was mailed....now, I have to decide what I want to build with it!
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 4:01:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 66
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top