Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2017 10:22:39 PM EDT
What are my fingerprint options?  Trust is filing for some new F4s and F1s and gotta have them cards.

Is my local LEO my only option?  What if they say they won't do it?  What if they want to know why and I'd just as soon not say?

How do I go about doing it?

Blank cards on order.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 10:33:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
What are my fingerprint options?  Trust is filing for some new F4s and F1s and gotta have them cards.

Is my local LEO my only option?  What if they say they won't do it?  What if they want to know why and I'd just as soon not say?

How do I go about doing it?

Blank cards on order.
View Quote

Roll your own.

check google/youtube for instructions

You can buy a cheap cardholder if you are planning on doing a bunch.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 10:36:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Roll your own.

check google/youtube for instructions

You can buy a cheap cardholder if you are planning on doing a bunch.
View Quote
Now there's a thought.  How will I know if my home-made prints are good enough?

It this something that requires a lot of skill to do?
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 12:58:21 AM EDT
[#3]
It's easy to do just remember not to use too much ink.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 1:56:50 AM EDT
[#4]
You can roll your own.

Silencershop is going to be an option soon too. You need to go to a kiosk and scan your prints or mail a set to them but it is something you just need to do once.

The thread on here

They are going to start processing form 1's for a fee. Considering my county charges 15 bucks I think for 2 fingerprint cards and passport photos are like 13 bucks their service seems like a good option. Rolling your own is cheaper but I think that personally I'll use them in the future for it.

From the thread they said you can order pre printed cards from them as well(I asked). I need to call and ask them about it in the future but I think that could be good as well especially when they put it on their site at some point. I have a feeling I'll be using it for form 4's from dealers not in their network.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 9:08:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Now there's a thought.  How will I know if my home-made prints are good enough?

It this something that requires a lot of skill to do?
View Quote
Not a lot of skill, just some practice.

You can practice on plan paper.  You can also order a number of cards for free.

Just as an example:
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=3&campId=5337559805&toolId=10001&customId=j2opumxh5m00zk8a00004&mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fitm%2F112154995413
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 9:51:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Get a good ink pad. Card holder and practice. Not difficult. I had local county Leo do my first set.  Watched them and now can do myself.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top