Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/8/2017 7:24:08 AM EDT
I had purchased silencerco's easytrust program, but i'm still a bit confused as to the order to go about doing this.

Do I go to a notary and have my trust notarized and then go to a FFL and purchase a suppressor through them/fill form 4s and submit them with a copy of the trust and then pick up the suppressor once/if the form 4s were approved?

OR

Do I go to the FFL and purchase a suppressor and fill out form 4s, then go and get the trust notarized and submit the form 4s/trust to the ATF and pick up the suppressor once/if the form 4s are approved?

Note: I am in Kentucky so I do not need to register my trust with a local court according to what i've read.

I know this may sound like a stupid question, but the reason I am wondering is because at the end of my trust that i'm filling out, there is the SCHEDULE A page where I am guessing I put the property that will be held in the trust. If I am to fill out the trust before going to the FFL, would I just be putting the model of the suppressor I plan on ordering or am I expected to have the actual serial # of the suppressor I am ordering?

Thanks for anyone who can help get me in the right direction.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 8:31:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Get the trust notarized first, needs to be valid prior to submitting the forms.

The suppressor won't go on the sch. A until after it's approved, the trust won't own it until then.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 12:22:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Kinds in the same boat as OP.  I am about to submit 2 form 1's and 2 form 4's.  I have the trust notarized with a dollar bill in it.  All I have to send in is a copy of the trust with no firearms on it for each form, correct? Just want to make sure I have all of my ducks in a row.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 8:21:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Kinds in the same boat as OP.  I am about to submit 2 form 1's and 2 form 4's.  I have the trust notarized with a dollar bill in it.  All I have to send in is a copy of the trust with no firearms on it for each form, correct? Just want to make sure I have all of my ducks in a row.
View Quote

If the trust documentation mentions a schedule of items held by the trust, include that with your submission. If your trust happens to hold a firearm that's fine too. Send one copy of the trust with each submission even if the submission contains multiple form 1/form 4's.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top