Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2017 11:20:40 AM EDT
On form 5320.20 - transport NFA items across state lines - has a begin and end date (question 3).  If you move can you put more than one year of time?  I did not think you could put longer than a year of time.
Do you have to file a form 5320.20 each year?  

In other words, if you moved to another state and are staying in that state for a long time (like several years).  What should you do for paperwork?
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 12:46:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 12:52:59 PM EDT
[#2]
So is there a different form you should be using?  Not 5320.20?  If 5320.20 what date do you use?
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 1:56:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 2:48:06 PM EDT
[#4]
It sounds like a permanent move across state lines.  You have the right form.

For question 2. "Firearms to be returned to original Location", check the box for NO.

For Question 3. us the dates you plan to be in transit.  If you know exactly when you will be moving it, put those dates.  I.E., if its a one day trip, put the begin date as the day you leave, and the end date as the following day.  If it's more of a cross country trip requiring several days, then put those dates.

If you're unsure of the exact dates of the move, then file it with a wide date range, up to a full year, and you'd be clear to do the move anytime within that date range.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 9:11:42 AM EDT
[#5]
OK got it.  It had been a long time since I fill out and looked at those forms.  Yes, I see where it is a permanent move.  Since I never got the forms back I called the ATF then emailed them requesting the forms.

Number I called - 1-304-616-4500

Email - [email protected]

Included Name (Trust), S/N of items and what I was requesting (getting a copy of the forms)

I included my mail address in case they were going to mail the documents.  I am thinking they will email me copies.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 2:00:58 PM EDT
[#6]
The ATF did mail me copies of the document so be sure to include your physical mailing address.  It took about a week to receive the document.

So if you move before the 5320 document comes to your old address the postal service will not forward that to your new address.  You will need to request a copy be sent to your new address.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top