Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2017 8:19:51 PM EDT
Say I buy a machine gun and get the form 4 via my trust underway. If I have to move from Oklahoma to Florida (where MGs are legal in both states), is there any problem? I imagine I just have to return to my dealer in Oklahoma to pick up the gun and stamp in person, right?
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 8:33:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Transfers have to come from your state of residence. You'd have to cancel the in process form 4, have the dealer do a form 3 transfer to a dealer in your new state, then they would do a new form 4 to you.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 9:51:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Transfers have to come from your state of residence. You'd have to cancel the in process form 4, have the dealer do a form 3 transfer to a dealer in your new state, then they would do a new form 4 to you.
View Quote
I think this is going to be the right answer.

I've seen where people claimed they emailed the ATF on form 1's that were efiled about moving and had them look at the paperwork right away(this was paperwork that had been submitted a while before hand). You might be able to get them to look at it and push the approval through if it has been pending a while but I wouldn't bet on it.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 10:12:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 11:24:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Gotcha, so if I keep my state of residence as Oklahoma until the transfers finish, I'm all good. I'll still have a home in both states so I don't see why I couldn't do that.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 11:30:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Email the nfa office. They have moved a few forms through for me when I moved. I just sent proof of a new lease being signed with the estimated day of moving.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 3:48:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I think this is going to be the right answer.
View Quote
No it is the worst answer.

I myself would maintain a legal residence in OK, someway, somehow. If that is not possible I would find someone who is a resident in OK to be on my trust, so they could pick it up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top