Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2017 7:03:35 PM EDT
Not sure if this is the right place or not, move or delete if needed.

We have a large block of land that is bordered by a river on one side with several miles of sloughs running through and it seems I spend way to much weekend time dealing with beavers.  Cleaning pipes, tearing out dams and huts, running traps just to have them build back and multiply.  

The two people I used to know that would come blow beaver dams don't do it anymore so it got me to look into what is required, I printed out the orange book and read it.  It looks like the limited permit would work best for me as omni explosives is in state so I could buy from them.  

A couple questions I have now.

1. Will they issue an individual a license, most of the orange book deal with companies?

2. does the magazine have to be located on land I personally own, the land by the river is owned by a trust? I could just draw up a 100 yr lease if needed.

3. Does a magazine have to be purchased or can one be built assuming it meets the specs listed?

4. Haven't been able to find any arkansas specific regulations regarding explosives.

I'm sure I'll have more questions Just wondering if anybody has one and could offer any advice. Thanks for the help
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 7:13:18 PM EDT
[#1]
go buy a 20# bag of tannerite and get some empty 2 liter bottles and a funnel.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 7:16:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

1. Will they issue an individual a license, most of the orange book deal with companies? Yes

2. does the magazine have to be located on land I personally own, the land by the river is owned by a trust? I could just draw up a 100 yr lease if needed. That's tricky. Who is ultimately responsible for the property? Who would have access?

3. Does a magazine have to be purchased or can one be built assuming it meets the specs listed? You can build it, but they will inspect it either way.

4. Haven't been able to find any arkansas specific regulations regarding explosives. Dunno there, sry

I'm sure I'll have more questions Just wondering if anybody has one and could offer any advice. Thanks for the help
View Quote

Limited license isn't so bad. I'd be more worried about state regulations about messing with the water, and dealing with bothering wildlife first.

You'll probably get more responses in the Armory>Destructive Devices forum, though. Several permittees are in there. Mine expired years ago.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 7:22:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Not sure if this is the right place or not, move or delete if needed.

We have a large block of land that is bordered by a river on one side with several miles of sloughs running through and it seems I spend way to much weekend time dealing with beavers.  Cleaning pipes, tearing out dams and huts, running traps just to have them build back and multiply.  

The two people I used to know that would come blow beaver dams don't do it anymore so it got me to look into what is required, I printed out the orange book and read it.  It looks like the limited permit would work best for me as omni explosives is in state so I could buy from them.  

1. Will they issue an individual a license, most of the orange book deal with companies?

2. does the magazine have to be located on land I personally own, the land by the river is owned by a trust? I could just draw up a 100 yr lease if needed.

3. Does a magazine have to be purchased or can one be built assuming it meets the specs listed?

4. Haven't been able to find any arkansas specific regulations regarding explosives.

View Quote

Mohammad...is that you?
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 7:43:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
go buy a 20# bag of tannerite and get some empty 2 liter bottles and a funnel.
View Quote
I've used some tannerite in the past but mostly 5lb at a time.  The downside I've found with tannerite is getting a straight path to shoot it with all of the brush in the way.  Might try 20lb to see what it does.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 7:46:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Limited license isn't so bad. I'd be more worried about state regulations about messing with the water, and dealing with bothering wildlife first.

You'll probably get more responses in the Armory>Destructive Devices forum, though. Several permittees are in there. Mine expired years ago.
View Quote
Thanks for the help.  I know the state blows dams but sometimes there are different rules for us vs them.  I will talk to Agfc about it though.

Is there a way to move it to the DD forum?
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 7:51:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Mohammad...is that you?
View Quote
Lol no, just a regular redneck trying to keep the Beavers from killing timber as its budding out. Although I'm sure my recent Google history has put me on several watch list.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 8:12:37 PM EDT
[#7]
OK, one of us. I can be seen sitting on my land many evenings just before dark in a lawn chair and a AR15 across my lap and a good cigar to keep the skeeters away. You would be surprised how many you can get and thin the herd.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top