Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2017 12:41:15 AM EDT
With the change to 41p I don't know if using my trust on a new Form 1 is worth it. I heard that if I use my trust then every person on the trust needs to submit photos and fingerprints. True?

Also, if true and I would go the individual route. How would an AR be engraved? Just individuals name and city/state of manufacturing?

Thanks going to engrave my already approved AR SBR and was going to have my next project of SBRing a MPX at the same time.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 1:18:35 AM EDT
[#1]
True.

Unless you remove most folks from your trust before you apply, and put them back on once the stamp comes back.

Or, just start doing a trust for each new item, and when the stamp comes in, just add whomever you want to the new trust.

Looks like this:

rscott original trust - rscott, mrs rscott, brother rscott - SBR 1, .45" suppressor 1, 9mm suppressor 1

SBR 2 trust - rscott - SBR 2

.308" suppressor trust - rscott - .308" suppressor 1
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 9:08:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
True.

Unless you remove most folks from your trust before you apply, and put them back on once the stamp comes back.

Or, just start doing a trust for each new item, and when the stamp comes in, just add whomever you want to the new trust.

Looks like this:

rscott original trust - rscott, mrs rscott, brother rscott - SBR 1, .45" suppressor 1, 9mm suppressor 1

SBR 2 trust - rscott - SBR 2

.308" suppressor trust - rscott - .308" suppressor 1
View Quote

This is exactly what I did. Stopped by gun shop and had this conversation with the guy that does the Forms (1/4) and that is exactly what he said. Just take them off of the Trust and then if you really need them on then later down the road put them back on.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 10:05:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Do the additions have to go through printing if added to the additional trusts?   My brother and dad are on the trust and we have two cans that didn't make the deadline.  We put them in the trust for flexibility in use when we aren't all together/borrowing guns for different hunts, and want to make sure that we either get them in a trust so we can all use them again, or route them individually once the backlog dies down a bit.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:26:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do the additions have to go through printing if added to the additional trusts?   My brother and dad are on the trust and we have two cans that didn't make the deadline.  We put them in the trust for flexibility in use when we aren't all together/borrowing guns for different hunts, and want to make sure that we either get them in a trust so we can all use them again, or route them individually once the backlog dies down a bit.
View Quote
I'm not sure what you're asking.

Once the trust has received the stamps from BATFE, any new persons added to the trust do not require fingerprinting unless new Form 1/4s are submitted for by that particular trust.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top