Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2017 9:33:04 PM EDT
Hey Guys -

I wanted to see how you would handle this.

I submitted my paperwork to the ATF a month before 41F hit.  However, I had to resend the form back to the ATF since I missed signing on a credit authorization line.

Today I got a rejection letter from the ATF saying that the envelope back was postmarked after 41F, which it was.  However, I thought they would document when the form was originally submitted.

Am I totally boned here?  I have been waiting over 8 months and just got the rejection letter.  If I have to resubmit with the new form I will go all the way to the back of the line, which would really blow.  I called the ATF to talk about it today and they said they had no record of my submission...awesome.

Thanks for any advice.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 10:39:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, you're pretty much boned.

You could take a shot in the dark and ask Ted, but it's been awhile (so I hear) since exceptions have been made.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 11:56:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I called the ATF to talk about it today and they said they had no record of my submission
View Quote

Sounds to me your forms didn't make it past Bank of America , or whoever is contracted to process payments for ATF. Basically, they (ATF) don't want to deal with processing forms that haven't been paid-in-advance, so if you didn't sign the appropriate spots to allow them to charge your card, your application hasn't ever been put into the system. Not much for Ted Clutter to do.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 12:00:10 AM EDT
[#3]
I was charged and refunded. Who is Ted? ATF employee?
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 12:16:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was charged and refunded. Who is Ted? ATF employee?
View Quote

Your first submission, wasn't charged. You didn't sign the credit card authorization. Never entered into ATF database.

Your resubmission, was charged, but post-41F rules, you were disqualified for not including prints, 2x2 photo, RPQ, possibly using outdated forms. Never entered into ATF database.

Thus, ATF has no record of your forms. ATF has contracted out the payment part of NFA forms, so all they can do is see that yes, their contractor charged you $200.

Ted Clutter, as far as I know, is an ATF-NFA senior examiner type guy. People with errors/resubmissions used to be able to email him, and he could sort it out relatively quickly.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 12:22:38 AM EDT
[#5]
That makes sense. Thanks guys for the help.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 12:35:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Not much help, but it happens, and yes it sucks. I found out the other day 2 of my submissions in September might be DQ'd for finger print cards... they said "either cancel your applications or wait for us to mail you a letter"

so, waiting it is...
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 1:12:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top