Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 6:54:04 PM EDT
[#1]
A big dealer here got shut down a few years ago due to tax evasion.  The ATF worked with everyone who had pending items to get their stuff transferred.  I don't think anyone had to pay for a bond.  Maybe that was because it was a tax violation and not anything to do with ATF shenanigans.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 7:46:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Hows about an update, OP?
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 11:50:31 PM EDT
[#3]
After several calls to the state ATF office, finally received a callback from a supervising agent.  She told me the can is in posession of the field office and cannot provide any details as to a timeline for transfer, only that they are " working on it. " As of today, it has been a year from initial order, and still no can. What a cluster.
As to my ? about a chargeback, I agree it would be dishonest and unfair to the original dealer. Just  grasping at straws I guess, but in hindsight I can see clearly now.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 12:08:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
After several calls to the state ATF office, finally received a callback from a supervising agent.  She told me the can is in posession of the field office and cannot provide any details as to a timeline for transfer, only that they are " working on it. " As of today, it has been a year from initial order, and still no can. What a cluster.
As to my ? about a chargeback, I agree it would be dishonest and unfair to the original dealer. Just  grasping at straws I guess, but in hindsight I can see clearly now.
View Quote
this sucks, but it is wayyyyyyy past time for a chargeback
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 1:23:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't want to beat a dead horse but the time frame has nothing to do with it. The dealer who screwed him is not who he bought the can from. Doing a charge back against the people who did everything correctly would be bullshit.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 9:43:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I don't want to beat a dead horse but the time frame has nothing to do with it. The dealer who screwed him is not who he bought the can from. Doing a charge back against the people who did everything correctly would be bullshit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

and that too
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 6:21:55 PM EDT
[#7]
That's really shitty.

I had several cans mid-transfer when I closed my shop a few years ago.

I spent the money and moved the FFL to my residence for the sole reason of putting the cans in the owners hands.
It honestly cost me money to do it... but it was the right thing to do.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 11:09:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
That's really shitty.

I had several cans mid-transfer when I closed my shop a few years ago.

I spent the money and moved the FFL to my residence for the sole reason of putting the cans in the owners hands.
It honestly cost me money to do it... but it was the right thing to do.
View Quote

Thank you for doing that. I know you didn't help me personally, but it makes me happy to know there's honest dealers out there. As someone who was 1-2 days from getting buttfucked by a SS dealer, and having a couple WA members on here IM me about their shitty deals with same dealer, when they folded, I can appreciate what you did to make right by your customers.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 11:22:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Thank you for doing that. I know you didn't help me personally, but it makes me happy to know there's honest dealers out there. As someone who was 1-2 days from getting buttfucked by a SS dealer, and having a couple WA members on here IM me about their shitty deals with same dealer, when they folded, I can appreciate what you did to make right by your customers.
View Quote

Thanks for the kind words.

Come to think of it... I there was also an Uzi in mid transfer.
I had a year left on my FFL... so it was just a matter of getting zoning permits, paying the SOT and amending the FFL address. Still cost me more than what I made on the remaining transfers... but my name is worth far more.

I would have remained in business if I were in a better area. (was near Reading, PA)
Unfortunately it just wasn't fun anymore when I had to toss gangbangers out of the shop daily.

I may have another go at it here in GA someday.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 11:32:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Is the ATF holding for you until your Form 4 is appeoved and then they will release it to you like your original transferring dealer would have?

Or are they going to make you do/go through more/other crap before they release it to a new transfers dealer?

Do you have a progun Congressman or Senator who could light a fire under their asses?
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 9:56:09 PM EDT
[#11]
It is my understanding that they are holding it till the form approves, and will transfer direct to me.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 7:39:58 PM EDT
[#12]
nevermind.  Answered earlier
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top