Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2016 3:05:30 PM EDT
Odd question.

Is there a legal way of putting a dummy folded wire stock on a semi auto MAC 10 pistol?

Welded shut and rails chopped?

Thanks.

Link Posted: 9/17/2016 3:34:06 PM EDT
[#1]
There was a Vietnam commemorative in the 90's, that had just a stock.
It was one of those black chrome and gold wall hangers.

It was the Power Springs wire type.
Perhaps you can find one of those ?
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 3:42:18 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

There was a Vietnam commemorative in the 90's, that had just a stock.

It was one of those black chrome and gold wall hangers.

It was the Power Springs wire type.

Perhaps you can find one of those ?
View Quote
The wire type stock is what I am thinking about. Folded and permanently welded. The sliding rails cut down just enough to fit into the frame. This is only for the classic MAC 10 look. The stock cannot be extended nor folded down to shoulder.

Link Posted: 9/17/2016 3:49:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 4:08:22 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Those commemorative guns had the stock plate welded to the rear of the receiver, looked more or less 'correct'.
View Quote

I don't want to destroy an open bolt semi just to look "correct."

There are other pistols with the stocks welded in the folded position. My concern is with the pistol having the stock in the rear of the receiver. Even if permanently welded the folded stock is useless. It is merely cosmetic at this point.

Link Posted: 9/21/2016 1:03:12 AM EDT
[#5]
I can't imagine it being a problem if the stock cannot be open. There are plenty of "pistols" with welded stocks to maintain the pistol status.  I'm just thinking it is an expensive upgrade as classic wire stocks are pricey due to low availability.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 6:43:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I don't want to destroy an open bolt semi just to look "correct."
View Quote

The OB semi guns do not have the holes in the rear of the receiver to insert the stock rails. You would either need to cut the receiver and make the holes, or weld something to the rear plate.

Either way, you're modifying the rear plate. And in either case, it's just sheet metal which can be repaired and refinished. If done well, I doubt either attachment method would substantially lower the gun's value. It may even make it with more, if done well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top