Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2016 10:24:31 PM EDT
I am moving to Ft. Hood, TX which allows SBRs.

My SBR is registered to my GA address. I know I need to submit a 5320 but I am late on this as I hope to sign out on PCS leave on 10 August.

The 5320 wants a street address for the move. Since I wont have this until I get a house once I am there, how do I fill out the form?

Link Posted: 7/23/2016 12:18:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

My SBR is registered to my GA address. I know I need to submit a 5320 but I am late on this as I hope to sign out on PCS leave on 10 August.

The 5320 wants a street address for the move. Since I wont have this until I get a house once I am there, how do I fill out the form?

View Quote

You could send in just a 'travel' 5320 using the address of a local range, or a person if you know anyone already stationed there(since a travel 5320 is good for a year) and once you get housing, submit the PCA 5320.
Call on Monday and request an expedited approval by fax.
Is the SBR registered by individual or trust?
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 11:27:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You could send in just a 'travel' 5320 using the address of a local range, or a person if you know anyone already stationed there(since a travel 5320 is good for a year) and once you get housing, submit the PCA 5320.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Individual. I dont know anyone stationed at Hood. Local range it is.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 8:33:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

Shoot me a PM.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 11:06:21 PM EDT
[#4]
What about temporarily converting it to a pistol? Then convert it back once the 5320 is approved. Perhaps someone more familiar when the law can chime in but I believe this would also work. Then you could fill in your actual address when you know it.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 11:48:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Buy a stripped lower and call it a pistol, or if you bought your current gun in pistol configuration, put it back in pistol config... File your stuff when you get there.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 12:21:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Call Ted clutter. Get his fax number and send it to him. He will expedite the form.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 12:26:45 PM EDT
[#7]
As of 2 years ago Ft Hood allowed no NFA on post.  Not sure if that has changed since I was there.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 8:54:52 AM EDT
[#8]
I emailed my 5320 to the ATF on 27 July.
I got an email back on 27 July.

I sent another email on 22 Aug.

Still nothing.

I am leaving soon so I need this asap. I do not want to get into NFA trouble because the ATF is dragging their feet.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 8:57:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
As of 2 years ago Ft Hood allowed no NFA on post.  Not sure if that has changed since I was there.
View Quote

Same now.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 12:22:47 PM EDT
[#10]
OP. Have you heard back from the ATF yet? Emailed  my forms and nothing other than a read receipt. I still have a month or so before I sign out on leave.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 11:47:34 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

C'mon you know me
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 11:48:18 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View Quote
Still ture

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top