Link Posted: 6/17/2016 11:36:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Form 3 submitted 3/26...Still waiting.

Going over 11 weeks now.

Anyone else getting anything back?
View Quote

Mine was submitted mid march, still waiting.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 4:02:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Thompson Machine SG-2 F3 cleared. Let me check on the dates

ETA:
Submitted 4-11 ?
Approved 6-20 ?
The dealer was a little sketch about the specifics
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 6:17:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Through Silencer Shop:

Form 3 submitted: 04/16
Form 3 approved: 06/14
Arrived at dealer: 06/17
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 7:16:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Silencer shop purchase. Rugged Surge

Purchased 4/26
Form 3 approved 6/20
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 9:21:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Mist-22 TD (Quiet Riot):  
 F3 submitted 3-23-16
 F3 Approved 6-17-16  
YHM Stinger (Gamaliel):
 F3 submitted 4-1-16.
 F3 approved 5-27-16.
Two Hybrids (Gamaliel):
 F3 submitted 4-6-16 & 5-26-16.
 F3 approved 5-25-16 & 6-22-16.  

Note that the Stinger from Gamaliel was purchased first (of the Gamaliel cans), but cleared after the Hybrid.  The MIST from QR, which was purchased before either the Stinger or first Hybrid, cleared after those two (and was my longest F3 time in the last year).
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 9:34:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Just found out that the ATF apparently never received my original Form 3. So, it got re-sent on 4/12.

Nothing like losing 3 full months....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Waiting on a 1/9 myself. Thing was ordered 12/8/2015. Not too happy about it to say the least.

Just found out that the ATF apparently never received my original Form 3. So, it got re-sent on 4/12.

Nothing like losing 3 full months....

Form 3 approved on May 25.

Shipping notification received and it should be at my dealer tomorrow.

Holy moly, that was a mofo.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 9:39:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Going over 11 weeks now.

Me too......... 3/17
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 12:56:20 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't like the sound of that.  I'm waiting on a 4/4 purchase.  I'm hoping to get in before July 13th.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 1:21:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I don't like the sound of that.  I'm waiting on a 4/4 purchase.  I'm hoping to get in before July 13th.
View Quote

When did your form 3 actually get submitted(mailled or faxed) because a suppressor I purchased on 4/5/16 cleared the form 3 around 2 weeks ago and has been at my local SOT over a week with my form 4 mailed last Monday.

I have an Omega 9k that the form 3 was mailed out on 4/29/16 that I'm looking to clear this week or next.

Both were bought from Capitol Armory and they are great about getting the forms submitted quickly.   Form 3 approval times from a couple sites I have seen as of 4/27/16 are from 3/29/16 to 5/6/16 depending on various factors such as examiner, transit times, etc..
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 2:43:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

When did your form 3 actually get submitted(mailled or faxed) because a suppressor I purchased on 4/5/16 cleared the form 3 around 2 weeks ago and has been at my local SOT over a week with my form 4 mailed last Monday.

I have an Omega 9k that the form 3 was mailed out on 4/29/16 that I'm looking to clear this week or next.

Both were bought from Capitol Armory and they are great about getting the forms submitted quickly.   Form 3 approval times from a couple sites I have seen as of 4/27/16 are from 3/29/16 to 5/6/16 depending on various factors such as examiner, transit times, etc..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I paid a dealer for a can feb 7 and can't get a strait answer as to whether a form  3 was ever submitted  At this point I'm assuming not, or at least not anytime soon after the purchase.

Link Posted: 6/27/2016 3:06:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I paid a dealer for a can feb 7 and can't get a strait answer as to whether a form  3 was ever submitted  At this point I'm assuming not, or at least not anytime soon after the purchase.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm in a similar situation. Ordered a suppressor that was "in stock" from GrabAGun on Feb 27th. I called and sent several emails wondering when they sent in the form 3. They recently replied that they sent the form 3 in the mail on April 5th. I'm hoping they send it to my FFL within the next week but I'm not holding my breath..
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 3:12:43 PM EDT
[#12]
I would ask your dealer to email you a copy of the submitted form 3.  They should be able to provide this to you and it will have the signed date on it giving you an idea of progress.  If they can't come up with the form 3 then I would find another dealer. In my opinion their are to many good dealers out there to be stuck with a bad one.  Good luck
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 4:32:57 PM EDT
[#13]
might not be the right place, but does my local dealer need the form 3 before they can submit my form 4? Or can they submit a form 4 while waiting on the form 3

E
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 4:33:35 PM EDT
[#14]
form 3 submitted 4-20 came back today 6-27, Surefire SOCOM762-Mini2 being shipped to my LGS today.  Wait times around mid april or before are in the 10 week range so for all still waiting, anything longer than 3 months tells me something might not be right...  then again depends who has your forms sitting on their desk.  I assume some move faster than others through the "workload"!!!  Good luck everyone, if in doubt find something in state none the less so it can go out on a form 4 immediately!
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 7:22:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I'm in a similar situation. Ordered a suppressor that was "in stock" from GrabAGun on Feb 27th. I called and sent several emails wondering when they sent in the form 3. They recently replied that they sent the form 3 in the mail on April 5th. I'm hoping they send it to my FFL within the next week but I'm not holding my breath..
View Quote

Hey at least you know a Form 3 was sent, and within a couple weeks of your order to boot!    Assuming the form 3 has been approved and they don't dink around on shipping it you might beat the deadline.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 7:40:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Me too......... 3/17
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Going over 11 weeks now.

Me too......... 3/17

Form 3 submitted 3/17, arrived 6/27.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:43:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Form 3 Submitted: 04-29-16
Form 3 Approved & Dealer Recieved: 06-28-16

DeadAir / Ghost-M

ETA: 60 Day Round Trip
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 4:22:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Hey at least you know a Form 3 was sent, and within a couple weeks of your order to boot!    Assuming the form 3 has been approved and they don't dink around on shipping it you might beat the deadline.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Got an email confirmation and tracking # today! Woo-hoo!
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 4:58:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 6:06:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
might not be the right place, but does my local dealer need the form 3 before they can submit my form 4? Or can they submit a form 4 while waiting on the form 3

E
View Quote

I have this question too.  I'm waiting on a F3 from the beginning of May and it's looking doubtful I'll make the deadline.  If I know the serial number, can my dealer submit the F4 now, assuming he's willing to do so?
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 6:43:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 6:50:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
If the dealer is willing, then yes. All they need is make, model, cal, length, and serial. All but serial is readily available online. We also now provide a copy of the form 3 with your purchase to make getting all that data easier.

Form 4 data entry is so far behind, your form 3 will be approved well before the form 4 goes pending.
View Quote

Thank you for the reply.  I'll talk to my dealer.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 7:37:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If the dealer is willing, then yes. All they need is make, model, cal, length, and serial. All but serial is readily available online. We also now provide a copy of the form 3 with your purchase to make getting all that data easier.

Form 4 data entry is so far behind, your form 3 will be approved well before the form 4 goes pending.

My form 3 from mid march still hasn't cleared, my dealer already did my form 4
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 7:46:01 PM EDT
[#24]
My dealer is a member here so hopefully he'll be receptive to the idea.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 9:24:12 PM EDT
[#25]
How often does your FFL dealer make you send your own paperwork  (trust, form 4, check) to the BATFE yourself?
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 9:42:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
How often does your FFL dealer make you send your own paperwork  (trust, form 4, check) to the BATFE yourself?
View Quote

I prefer to mail mine myself.

My dealer does fill the forms out though, and I just stop by and pick them up
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 11:05:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 12:48:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Bought a DA Ghost on Mar 15, dealer sent me copy of Form 3 on Mar 17 stated it was signed and mailed. Called ATF today, Form 3 went pending June 23rd... Only reason I called, is that other cans I have bought in mid/late-April, are already at dealers and Form 4 sent off... Is this typical?
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 8:28:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Bought 2 suppressors on 5-2-16, and haven't heard anything yet about an approved Form 3.  Starting to get nervous.  
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 8:40:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Bought 2 suppressors on 5-2-16, and haven't heard anything yet about an approved Form 3.  Starting to get nervous.  
View Quote

5-2 was REALLY pushing the envelope to begin with IMHO
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 9:12:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed. However, I think a lot of people will be in the same situation I am, and just Form 4 everything you have waiting, with or without an approved Form 3. Omega 9K, arrived at transferring dealer Tuesday. Purchased 4-14-16. DA Ghost bought 3-17-16, went pending 6-23. I think ATF is just SLAMMED
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 7:33:46 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Agreed. However, I think a lot of people will be in the same situation I am, and just Form 4 everything you have waiting, with or without an approved Form 3. Omega 9K, arrived at transferring dealer Tuesday. Purchased 4-14-16. DA Ghost bought 3-17-16, went pending 6-23. I think ATF is just SLAMMED
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm going to wait a few days and do just that.
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 8:36:17 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Might as well do it now and get the ball rolling.  Wait times are only getting worse.
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 12:10:53 PM EDT
[#34]
I bought an AEM5 from Capitol Armory in April.  They filed the form 3 to transfer to my local dealer on April 20.  Still waiting for approval.
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 4:51:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Sent another e-mail to my dealer about the Form 3 from my purchase on 4/4.  We'll see what comes back.
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 8:05:40 PM EDT
[#36]
I had a form 3 that was sent in 5/5/2016 approved 6/29/16, Think I got lucky with this one.  Was worried it wouldn't beat 41f.
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 8:36:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I had a form 3 that was sent in 5/5/2016 approved 6/29/16, Think I got lucky with this one.  Was worried it wouldn't beat 41f.
View Quote

Send me some of that luck for my 5/5 F3 submittal.
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 8:52:34 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Me too, with my 5/2!
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 9:19:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Pfft... here I am waiting on a Form 3 from March 17th! You guys get in line!
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 10:50:39 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can't make this up, I received two e-mails from Scott at Tar Heel at 5:43m today (seriously, what other dealer is working that early on a Holiday weekend) that the F3 cleared on my Obsidian and it had a tracking number. He's subsequently dropped it off to be shipped. I'm hereby paying the good luck forward in hopes that YOUR F3 clears in time especially if your SOT won't allow an F4 to be submitted early (like mine).
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 11:12:41 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 12:17:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Most of our stuff is taking about 8 weeks right now. We sent in a batch of 15 form 3's on 3/23 that came off our inventory and were pending a month later and then vanished. Every time we called we were told they were just backlogged. We had forms approved from up to 5/10 as of last week so we spent the time trying to find someone to check deeper on the 3/23's. We had to fax them again to the person at ATF and she got them approved and on their way in a couple of days. Hard to imagine how 15 forms could get lost, but I really appreciate her help getting it taken care of. Wish they had faxed or emailed them back instead of putting them in the mail though. We'll be glad when things get back to normal.
RonA
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 4:00:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I'd heard the ATF was going to push hard on the F3s so people could get F4s filed prior to 41F. Maybe we're seeing the fruits of that labor.
View Quote

You won't get me to believe that, I'm still waiting on one from March 16th
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 5:42:22 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Sent another e-mail to my dealer about the Form 3 from my purchase on 4/4.  We'll see what comes back.
View Quote

UPDATE:  My dealer bought my suppressor through Silencer Shop.  Apparently, that batch of Form 3s that SS sent to the ATF were rejected and they were resent 3 weeks ago.  On to the waiting again.  Trying to get it in before the 13th.

Link Posted: 7/2/2016 6:25:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd heard the ATF was going to push hard on the F3s so people could get F4s filed prior to 41F. Maybe we're seeing the fruits of that labor.

Im right there with you. Purchased Mar 10, dealer emailed that it was submitted Mar 17. Called ATF, went pending June 23.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 10:39:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

UPDATE:  My dealer bought my suppressor through Silencer Shop.  Apparently, that batch of Form 3s that SS sent to the ATF were rejected and they were resent 3 weeks ago.  On to the waiting again.  Trying to get it in before the 13th.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Im kinda surprised that SS got some rejections on that. I thought thet had all this down perfectly.
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 12:59:15 AM EDT
[#47]
I'm still waiting on a Form 3 since  March 2 from gamaliel. My last one only took 3 weeks earlier in the year.
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 5:55:10 AM EDT
[#48]
Sent on 4/26 approved on 6/20 another sent on 5/11 and still waiting
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 10:18:27 AM EDT
[#49]
Well, you guys are making me feel better that I am not alone on having a Form 3 take WAY longer than others.
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 1:24:21 PM EDT
[#50]
My latest form 3 was submitted on 11 May 2016 and approved yesterday, 2 Jul 16; so 52 days.
The Silencer Shop
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top