Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2016 11:24:53 PM EDT
I read on silencer shops blog that when the ATF releases the updated form 1s with the CLEO notification and other changes, that the eforms form 1 will in essence be offline until the new form 1 is online. They also say its going to happen in the next 2 to 3 weeks. What do you guys think?  Here is the blog. Its in the first colored section.

http://blog.silencershop.com/details-atf-41f/

Should I go ahead a register a few more SBR's on my trust now or can I wait a little longer before the July 13th dateline on 41p?
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 4:31:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:  I read on silencer shops blog that when the ATF releases the updated form 1s with the CLEO notification and other changes, that the eforms form 1 will in essence be offline until the new form 1 is online. They also say its going to happen in the next 2 to 3 weeks. What do you guys think?  Here is the blog. Its in the first colored section.

Should I go ahead a register a few more SBR's on my trust now or can I wait a little longer before the July 13th dateline on 41p?
View Quote

What's the hurry?  Come July you have to send in fingerprints.  Ok.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 9:19:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I read on silencer shops blog that when the ATF releases the updated form 1s with the CLEO notification and other changes, that the eforms form 1 will in essence be offline until the new form 1 is online. They also say its going to happen in the next 2 to 3 weeks. What do you guys think?  Here is the blog. Its in the first colored section.

View Quote

As long as your forms are "pending" BEFORE the July deadline you are grandfathered in.  I just sent in two more Form1 so I wouldn't have to put up with that crap.  Having 14 NFA items already I should be satisfied but the addiction never ends.  At some point I am sure I will have to get fingerprints taken.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 9:39:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  I read on silencer shops blog that when the ATF releases the updated form 1s with the CLEO notification and other changes, that the eforms form 1 will in essence be offline until the new form 1 is online. They also say its going to happen in the next 2 to 3 weeks. What do you guys think?  Here is the blog. Its in the first colored section.

Convenience since you have to have a qualified official do them now.
Plus from the blog it sounds like the ATF is going to put a pause on eform 1s in a few weeks.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 10:24:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 1:17:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Neither one of those things are true.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Convenience since you have to have a qualified official do them now.
Plus from the blog it sounds like the ATF is going to put a pause on eform 1s in a few weeks.

Neither one of those things are true.

Awesome! To hear

On the fingerprints we are going to be able to do our own after July 13th? I kept hearing that you will have to have a qualified official do them, I'm not sure what makes them qualified.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 2:27:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 2:33:27 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

It doesn't say "qualified official". What it says is:

Attach to the application two properly completed FBI Forms FD-258 (Fingerprint Card). The fingerprints must be clear for accurate classification and should be taken by someone properly equipped to take them.

Which is exactly how the current statute is worded.

(There was a proposal that was worded differently, but it was part of adding CLEO Certification for all responsible persons, and did not make the final version)

View Quote

Where can one procure FBI Forms FD-258 (Fingerprint Card)?
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 2:42:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 5:10:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Is the Eform's Form 1 really going away before July?
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 5:58:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 8:32:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It doesn't say "qualified official". What it says is:

Attach to the application two properly completed FBI Forms FD-258 (Fingerprint Card). The fingerprints must be clear for accurate classification and should be taken by someone properly equipped to take them.

Which is exactly how the current statute is worded.

(There was a proposal that was worded differently, but it was part of adding CLEO Certification for all responsible persons, and did not make the final version)

View Quote

Thanks that clears up my confusion over that. When I did my first few forms as an individual I thought you had to have the sheriffs office do the fingerprints and I never knew you could do them yourself before the 41p . I guess I quality after 41p because I do have the proper equipment to do them (ink pad and fingerprint cards)
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 8:40:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Not that anybody knows about. All the blog said was the new form would potentially be available in the next several weeks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not that anybody knows about. All the blog said was the new form would potentially be available in the next several weeks.

The July 13th deadline will still apply to the new forms? I wonder why they will not wait until July 13th deadline to release the new forms. That would make sense to me but this is the government we are talking about.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 9:04:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 10:19:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I'm not sure I understand the question.

The new forms will be available soon, so they can be distributed and in everybody's hands to be used on 7/13/16. The current form (and the older forms) will still be accepted. They may even still be accepted after 7/13, as the 5320.23 may handle the new stuff. Possibly able to use the current ones and just skip the CLEO section. Not sure until the new ones come out with instructions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The July 13th deadline will still apply to the new forms? I wonder why they will not wait until July 13th deadline to release the new forms. That would make sense to me but this is the government we are talking about.

I'm not sure I understand the question.

The new forms will be available soon, so they can be distributed and in everybody's hands to be used on 7/13/16. The current form (and the older forms) will still be accepted. They may even still be accepted after 7/13, as the 5320.23 may handle the new stuff. Possibly able to use the current ones and just skip the CLEO section. Not sure until the new ones come out with instructions.

Okay I was thinking the old form 1s would not be excepted anymore once the new form 1s are issued in a few weeks. If they are going to take both then I understand why my question did not make sense.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 7:35:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Will the fingerprint cards and passport photos just need to be submitted to the ATF for background check a long with your form 1 or 5?
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 8:03:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 10:52:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/2/2016 7:32:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
]

Okay I was thinking the old form 1s would not be excepted anymore once the new form 1s are issued in a few weeks. If they are going to take both then I understand why my question did not make sense.
View Quote

Even better if they're accepted
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 11:21:57 AM EDT
[#19]
One thing I hope they do is do E-FORM 3 and instant approval.  No reason it shouldn't be that way already.
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 3:52:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Will the fingerprint cards and passport photos just need to be submitted to the ATF for background check a long with your form 1 or 5?
View Quote

Passport photos?
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 9:02:42 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Passport photos?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  Will the fingerprint cards and passport photos just need to be submitted to the ATF for background check a long with your form 1 or 5?

Passport photos?

Under 41f, come July you'll need to submit fingerprints & photos of your trustees for Form 1s & Form 4s.
Link Posted: 3/23/2016 8:25:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top