Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/1/2015 7:37:01 PM EDT
I got a form 1 approved for an old SP-1 Colt lower that I now have no intention or desire to build into an SBR (FCG pins are off size).  I haven't engraved it or done anything with it since receiving approval.

I've heard that I could get the $200 refunded from the lower if I never put it into an NFA configuration.

I also have three Form 1 cans that I can't ever see myself completing because of the lack of space and tools to complete them. I haven't even purchased a tube yet for these.

How do I go about requesting a refund from the ATF?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:08:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I know you can get a refund if there is an error with your paperwork, but if you have your tax stamp in hand... its a done deal.

This is sort of ridiculous given the amount of effort that went into filing the paperwork/eform.  Perhaps you should stop impulse buying?  Maybe the wait times would get better for the rest of us....
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:09:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:11:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I know you can get a refund if there is an error with your paperwork, but if you have your tax stamp in hand... its a done deal.

This is sort of ridiculous given the amount of effort that went into filing the paperwork/eform.  Perhaps you should stop impulse buying?  Maybe the wait times would get better for the rest of us....
View Quote

You shouldn't offer advice if you don't know what you're talking about. You're trying to ridicule someone about changing their mind, all the while you sit there and spread misinformation.

Go read the form 1 instruction section under the 5th bullet point.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:15:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

You shouldn't offer advice if you don't know what you're talking about. You're trying to ridicule someone about changing their mind, all the while you sit there and spread misinformation.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please inform me on what misinformation I offered, thank you
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:17:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

As long as the firearm wasn't actually made the approved Form 1 can in fact be returned for a refund.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:21:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

As long as the firearm wasn't actually made the approved Form 1 can in fact be returned for a refund.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Awesome, good to know.  Appreciate that.

I still stand by my previous statement though.  Buyers remorse is a common theme these days.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:58:22 PM EDT
[#7]
From what others in the thread have said, you can get a refund on that Form 1.  You have to mail the stamp back in however...not sure how to really start the process....
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:58:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I still stand by my previous statement though.  Buyers remorse is a common theme these days.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I filed paperwork  to beat a "looming" 41P decision. At the time all I had was a crappy Colt.  An SBR that takes oddball pins is better than no SBR. Or so was the logic.  A 6945 landed in my lap about two weeks after I filed for the first lower so I never ended up having to part out a nice retro rifle to build what I wanted in the first place.

Besides this isn't about buyers remorse. This is about helping family without going into debt. Otherwise I'd be content to leave the damn thing in the back of my safe.

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 9:04:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you bother reading the rest of my post, or did you stop at me calling you out.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 12:56:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Per NFA branch;

You must write a letter stating that you wish to cancel the form 1 and that the firearm was never placed into an NFA configuration.

Then you must send it to the NFA branch's address attn: Kims Ramsburg ;

NFA Branch
Attn: Kim Ramsburg
Suite 1250
244 Needy Rd.
Martinsburg, WV 25405-9431

Easy as can be.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 2:55:18 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Per NFA branch;

You must write a letter stating that you wish to cancel the form 1 and that the firearm was never placed into an NFA configuration.

NFA Branch

Suite 1250

244 Needy Rd.

Easy as can be.
View Quote
Don't forget to include your approved form...

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 4:14:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Per NFA branch;

NFA Branch
Suite 1250
244 Needy Rd.

Easy as can be.

Yeah forgot to mention that. You have to send the form. I stuck a copy of my E-filed stamp in there. Hopefully it's good enough.

Decided to keep the F1 cans. They don't cost anything to keep around and the forms don't expire.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top