Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2015 4:34:27 PM EDT
I'm about to get ready to submit my first NFA item. I'm doing a form 1 sbr for my AR pistol. My question is when submitting my trust and schedule A to the ATF do I submit my schedule A with the item I'm applying for on it or my schedule A without the item since the item would still be pending until approved? I have looked online but see some people saying go ahead and list the AR on the schedule A and some people saying don't list it on the Schedule A since its pending until approved. So what's the correct way?
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 4:52:28 PM EDT
[#1]
If your schedule A is already showing the trust is funded in some way, just send it like it is. If not, add the receiver's manufacturer, model, and serial # of the one you're using...
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 5:03:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes in my schedule A it shows 100.00 dollars.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 5:25:31 PM EDT
[#3]
The dealer said to just list the M4-2000 silencer mount on my Schedule A.  Had no issues getting approved.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 1:09:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Rule 1:  they want you to include the Schedule A with the trust

Suggestion 2: you should have SOMETHING listed there - even if its just $1.

Suggestion 3:  they do not seem to care whether or not you list the item you are buying on the Schedule A.  I've done it both ways.  Both approved.  I'd probably just add it to Schedule A later in your shoes.   Add it once you take possession.

Link Posted: 5/6/2015 1:58:14 PM EDT
[#5]
For SBR's I always put the gun on the Schedule A before submitting, never had a problem.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 9:10:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the help guys. I guess im just going to upload the Schedule A with only my 100 dollars listed. Then update the Schedule A with my SBR once it comes back approved. Thanks again for the help.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 6:33:06 PM EDT
[#7]
My schedule A was blank when I had a suppressor F4 and efiled F1 approved with no issues.

I also sent off a form 4 while the above were in process, so hopefully no issues.
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 2:14:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Suggestion 3:  they do not seem to care whether or not you list the item you are buying on the Schedule A.  I've done it both ways.  Both approved.  I'd probably just add it to Schedule A later in your shoes.   Add it once you take possession.

View Quote

This...^.  I don't list anything on the Schedule A that I don't have legal possession off yet or serial number for that matter.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 9:40:22 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
This...^.  I don't list anything on the Schedule A that I don't have legal possession off yet or serial number for that matter.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Seconded, and backed up by the attorney who did my trust and specifically told me not to list any items that were not approved and in my possession on the Schedule A.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top