Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2015 4:38:45 PM EDT
Is there a difference between a Schedule A, and an assignment of property sheet?

When you receive your stamp for a Form 4, do you then have to add the item to the schedule A or assignment of property and then send that back in to the ATF to show them that you've added it?

These are my final two questions before I do my trust

ETA: Ill be using 199trust.com if that matters.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 4:43:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Is there a difference between a Schedule A, and an assignment of property sheet?
AFAIK, those terms are used interchangeably to list the property that the trust owns.

When you receive your stamp for a Form 4, do you then have to add the item to the schedule A or assignment of property and then send that back in to the ATF to show them that you've added it?
Their record of who owns what is the NFRTR.  The schedule A is for you to keep track of what the trust owns.  They don't need to see it, you don't need to send it in.  They don't even need to see it updated with your new can/sbr/etc. when you send in your next form.  Quite a few people just keep sending in the original one with the initial property (a $2 bill in my case) on it with each subsequent form submitted.

These are my final two questions before I do my trust
View Quote

My ETA to your ETA... no problems with 199Trust here
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 4:44:13 PM EDT
[#2]
As with all  trusts, it depends on how it was written.  On my trust, the Schedule A is funded by a 5 dollar bill and that is all that is forwarded with each new stamp.  Then when I get approval, I add the item to my assignment of property sheet.  Some people only have a schedule A and everything they own goes onto it.  As to sending it back to the ATF to show them, no you do not need to do that.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 7:46:58 AM EDT
[#3]
An assignment of property is simply something you would write as a trustee/settlor to claim the trust owns an item/asset.  The schedule of assets is the list of all the stuff that has been assigned as trust property.  Generally an assignment is just something saying "I, as trustee, am assigning X property to be held for the benefit of trustees/beneficiaries of X trust" or something along those lines.  I usually just have my wife sign as a witness, too, but none of that is always necessary.  Trust laws vary state to state so consulting an attorney is the best way to find out if there are legal requirements you must fulfill for your state of residence.

I use the Assignment to claim trust ownership prior to a transfer being approved (so the executor of my estate can clearly see to treat that as trust property if I kick the bucket) but usually wait to put it on the Schedule A until after I have the Form 1/4.  The trust does in fact own the item(s), its just that trustees/beneficiaries can't possess the items physically yet.

Again, every state is different so know your laws.  Lots of ways to skin this particular cat even within a state, too.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 8:58:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys, now that I have that understood, it brings up another question.

The maker of a dollar bill is "US treasury", correct?
And the model would be "One dollar Federal Reserve Note" correct?

Link Posted: 5/2/2015 9:14:02 PM EDT
[#5]
It's a dollar bill, not a car... :)

Mine says something to the effect of:

One United States two dollar ($2) bill, serial # A1234567BC

And it is paper clipped to the folder I store my trust docs and stamps.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 10:08:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Haha what Im asking does seem kinda ridiculous
But on the 199trust.com Assignment page it says;
Make, Model, SN.

So Im just trying to fill it in completely.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 10:57:12 PM EDT
[#7]
If you have a Schedule A, just add it, and send it with the trust...
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 11:06:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Make, Model, SN.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Make, Model, SN.

Yeah for your suppressor you might put that, but there isn't a particular required format.

You could also just put $200 or a toaster or whatever you want.

Have you done any research to learn what a trust is, what it does and doesn't do for property, and what the components are? There is an internet full of information. Your questions are pretty common.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 9:32:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yeah for your suppressor you might put that, but there isn't a particular required format.

Have you done any research to learn what a trust is, what it does and doesn't do for property, and what the components are? There is an internet full of information. Your questions are pretty common.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Make, Model, SN.

Well I've read every thread in the class 3 forum, and the class 3 legal questions forum, that relates to trusts.  Then any questions I've had after that I've asked here.  For the most part, my questions have been answered by helpful guys.  
On the 199 trust there are spaces for make model SN, I'd prefer not to leave any of those blank. That's all.
I've done a lot of searching, so what I have found is that the U.S. treasury makes our money, and they are technically called federal reserve notes.
There are a lot of guys that have gotten 199trusts, so I figured they would know what to put on the assignment sheet if they funded it with money.

Not using the trust for suppressors or sbr's though.  I'll most likely continue to do those individually.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 9:56:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

I was specifically told by my FFL and my lawyer that wrote the trust to NOT send in the Sched A...?

(I'm just getting a suppressor though?)
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 11:36:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Well I've read every thread in the class 3 forum, and the class 3 legal questions forum, that relates to trusts.  Then any questions I've had after that I've asked here.  For the most part, my questions have been answered by helpful guys.  
On the 199 trust there are spaces for make model SN, I'd prefer not to leave any of those blank. That's all.
I've done a lot of searching, so what I have found is that the U.S. treasury makes our money, and they are technically called federal reserve notes.
There are a lot of guys that have gotten 199trusts, so I figured they would know what to put on the assignment sheet if they funded it with money.

Not using the trust for suppressors or sbr's though.  I'll most likely continue to do those individually.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Make, Model, SN.

Schedule A is just a sheet of paper that says Schedule A on top. How you fill it out is up to you, not 199trusts.

Now that you have a trust, why would you file individually for suppressors and SBRs? You've spent the money on the trust -- I wouldn't waste any more money or time on fingerprints and signoff.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 11:44:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I was specifically told by my FFL and my lawyer that wrote the trust to NOT send in the Sched A...?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Depends on how the trust is written.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 7:36:45 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

If a Schedule A is referenced in the trust body, it is an integral part of the trust and needs to be included...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top