I am doing my happy dance!  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Item: SiCo Omega

Method: Paper, Trust
Form 4 mailed: Wrote the check to my dealer Feb 11...
Check cashed: March 10 2015
Pending: March 9 2015
Approved: June 30
Examiner:

Just called for the first time and it's still "Pending". Was really hoping to have it by the 4th for our traditional family blasting session.

My first can so the wait is painful...

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 6:43:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Examiner:

Just called for the first time and it's still "Pending". Was really hoping to have it by the 4th for our traditional family blasting session.

Glad you gentlemen finally got yours. I'm still loving mine
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:24:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Examiner:

thanks brother, were you using the can on blackout or 308 as well? If so how do you like it?
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:34:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Did a search for this, but didn't come up with anything.  What information do you need to call in to the ATF to check on the status of a tax stamp?
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:51:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Did a search for this, but didn't come up with anything.  What information do you need to call in to the ATF to check on the status of a tax stamp?
View Quote

Call don't push any buttons, wait for someone to answer ask to check forms status. They will ask serial number, your name (trust name) and dealers name. Then pray they say approved.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 3:33:53 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Call don't push any buttons, wait for someone to answer ask to check forms status. They will ask serial number, your name (trust name) and dealers name. Then pray they say approved.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The guy I got on the phone the one and only time I called for all my NFA items seemed a bit down in the dumps.  He literally only said "serial number?", "who is it being transferred to?", and "dealer?". Then told me the pending date.  Very efficient.  Now if they could get processing times that quick.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 3:49:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Octane 9 & Liberty Mystic X
Purchase 02/26
Form 4 Sent 03/04
Approved 07/07
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 10:16:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Come on 3/16 sent!
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 12:02:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The guy I got on the phone the one and only time I called for all my NFA items seemed a bit down in the dumps.  He literally only said "serial number?", "who is it being transferred to?", and "dealer?". Then told me the pending date.  Very efficient.  Now if they could get processing times that quick.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

True that!  Phone number is still saying 6 months processing time.
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 12:06:28 PM EDT
[#11]
(304)616-4500
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 3:45:56 PM EDT
[#12]
I called today and got both good and strange news!

The good news:

Octane 45HD
Pending 3/12
Approved 7/5

Spectre II
Pending 3/12
Approved 7/5

Now the strange news:

Axiom
Pending 3/12 Verified this date twice over the last 2 weeks!
Pending 4/27 As told by ATF today?

Not sure how that works?  Anyone else having their pending date get changed during processing?  Either way I am still thrilled to be getting two cans, as I still have four more in jail!
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 5:34:11 PM EDT
[#13]
I thought they quit that 'pending' nonsense, and telling people on the phone if their item was 'pending'.

Just go home and wait quietly.  It doesn't matter what they say on the phone, it will arrive when it arrives.
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 6:47:41 PM EDT
[#14]
My two are still pending 3/09
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 8:18:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 9:57:22 PM EDT
[#16]
If I go by the SS data, I have at least another week or two until I receive my stamp.  I'm at 121 days right now.  The trend line on the graph is spiking back up
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 1:46:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Trust, paper  Omega and Spectre II
Sent 2/26
Cashed 3/10
Pending 3/9
Both still pending as of 7/10
That is starting to cause some sadness
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 3:26:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Trust, paper  Omega and Spectre II
Sent 2/26
Cashed 3/10
Pending 3/9
Both still pending as of 7/10
That is starting to cause some sadness
View Quote

I'm still waiting on one that was cashed 02/23, but have received 02/24 and 03/09. I don't understand their methods lol.
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 8:28:47 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm normally fairly patient but this one seems to be taking forever.   4/6 pending. Still have approx 3-4 weeks to go...
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 8:51:37 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I'm normally fairly patient but this one seems to be taking forever.   4/6 pending. Still have approx 3-4 weeks to go...
View Quote
I have a couple of 4/6 pending.  The wait is driving me crazy.

Link Posted: 7/12/2015 9:30:34 PM EDT
[#21]
1. NFA Item: SBR
2. Form Type: Form 1 paper
3. Transferee Type: Individual
4. Forms Sent: 4-27-15
5. Check Cashed: 5-5-15
6. Pending Date:
7. Approved Date: 7-2-15
8. Forms Received: 7-10-15

75 days, fastest ever for me.
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 10:56:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
6. Pending Date:

View Quote

That's quick! I'm still waiting on a paper Form 1 done on a trust with a check cashing date of 3/23.
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 11:11:46 AM EDT
[#23]
damn...I e-filed 4/11, payment went through immediately and I'm still waiting..Is there any particular time to check, better in the afternoon?
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 1:44:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Form 1 individuals look like they are getting approved faster that most other methods these days.

Mine was 86 days from forms sent to approved, and 83 days from check cashed to approved.
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 1:57:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
6. Pending Date:

View Quote

Looking at the NFA tracker trend graph it appears individual transfer times are trending way down while trusts and corps are leveling off after a steady trend up over the past few months.

My suppressor got caught in the perfect storm. I got in on the long Form 3 waits and just as my suppressor made it to my dealer they pulled people off of processing Form 4's to clear up the Form 3 backlogs.  

Oh well waiting is part of the game and patience has always been a virtue of mine.
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 5:19:51 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Form 1 individuals look like they are getting approved faster that most other methods these days.

Mine was 86 days from forms sent to approved, and 83 days from check cashed to approved.
View Quote
Yep.

Mine was sent 4/16 and approved 7/4. Under 90 days for approval. If the stamp gets here before the 16th, it'll be 90 days or less door to door. Some guys I work with are pissed as they waited up to and over 9 months last year and year before.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 8:03:58 AM EDT
[#27]
If it makes any of you feel better, I actually had a Saker days from clearing Form 4 and cancelled it to order an Omega... so I "bought" my latest can in January of 2014 and won't have it for a few months yet... the wife didn't go for the "get both" method.

The nice thing about this is that since I paid for it so long ago it will feel like it was free once I finally get it!

I'm pending April 24th on a Trust Paper Form 4.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 11:15:16 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

If it makes any of you feel better, I actually had a Saker days from clearing Form 4 and cancelled it to order an Omega... so I "bought" my latest can in January of 2014 and won't have it for a few months yet... the wife didn't go for the "get both" method.

The nice thing about this is that since I paid for it so long ago it will feel like it was free once I finally get it!

I'm pending April 24th on a Trust Paper Form 4.
View Quote
 Always a silver lining.

Link Posted: 7/15/2015 4:06:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Yep.    

Mine was sent 4/16 and approved 7/4. Under 90 days for approval. If the stamp gets here before the 16th, it'll be 90 days or less door to door. Some guys I work with are pissed as they waited up to and over 9 months last year and year before.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.    

Mine was sent the same day.. still waiting for approval
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 5:02:17 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep.    

Still no sign of the stamp

Link Posted: 7/15/2015 5:12:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Yep.    

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.    

Don't understand this at all. Trusts should be faster as you are not waiting on fingerprints from the FBI. At the very least, they should be the same timeframe. Instead, they are taking longer?  Punishment? Different stacks on a desk?
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 9:53:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Don't understand this at all. Trusts should be faster as you are to waiting on fingerprints from the FBI. At the very least, they should be the same time frame. Instead, they are taking longer?  Punishment? Different stacks on a desk?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.    

Don't understand this at all. Trusts should be faster as you are to waiting on fingerprints from the FBI. At the very least, they should be the same time frame. Instead, they are taking longer?  Punishment? Different stacks on a desk?

Trustee's are getting the shaft, I was approved on day 117 and here on day 135 still waiting for the mail. Since it was a Saturday feels like its sitting in between a contractors couch
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 11:30:09 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Don't understand this at all. Trusts should be faster as you are not waiting on fingerprints from the FBI. At the very least, they should be the same timeframe. Instead, they are taking longer?  Punishment? Different stacks on a desk?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep.    

Well the reality is comparing prints really doesn't take that long. Maybe they had a stack of individuals they wanted to clear out before starting on all the trusts submitted out of fear of changes in how it's done?

Link Posted: 7/16/2015 8:03:18 AM EDT
[#34]
They shift examiners to slower forms evey once in a while.  They did this with form 3's back in June.  They had been taking 3 months and all of a sudden started coming back under a month.  This is probably what is happening with individual forms.  
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 8:14:10 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Trustee's are getting the shaft, I was approved on day 117 and here on day 135 still waiting for the mail. Since it was a Saturday feels like its sitting in between a contractors couch
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.    

I'm impatiently waiting for the mailman as well.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 9:26:54 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.    

Well at least knowing that given our approval dates makes me think they are on the way versus lost...unless yours is next to mine in that couch
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 12:42:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Any updates?
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 1:20:35 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Any updates?
View Quote
Update: I'm getting really impatient for two 3/30's.

Link Posted: 7/17/2015 3:03:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any updates?

waiting on a 3/30 also
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 3:14:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Called today on my 3/16 check cashed, lo and behold it was approved today!!! now for the long wait for it to show up in the mail!!!
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 5:07:56 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Called today on my 3/16 check cashed, lo and behold it was approved today!!! now for the long wait for it to show up in the mail!!!
View Quote
Do you happen to know the pending date?  I have one that was cashed 3/15 that I'm waiting on too.

Edit-Disregard, I found your original post. 4/27

Link Posted: 7/17/2015 6:26:21 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Any updates?
View Quote
Still waiting, not very patiently, for USPS to come through for me.

Link Posted: 7/20/2015 3:14:34 AM EDT
[#43]
Waiting on a 3/23. Called on Friday, still pending.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 7:52:15 AM EDT
[#44]
98 days. Disapproved form 1 on 7/19/15. Forgot the "GSF" prefix on the serial number. Re-submitted today to Mr. Clutter to hopefully get it approved.

Link Posted: 7/20/2015 8:59:00 AM EDT
[#45]
Still waiting for my stamp. I was approved 6/30.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 1:04:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

for what it is worth I talked with Silencer Shop here in Texas and was told it is taking the USPS 3 weeks to get the stamps from the NFA to Texas We will see what happens this week I am on day 23 since approval
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 1:13:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

for what it is worth I talked with Silencer Shop here in Texas and was told it is taking the USPS 3 weeks to get the stamps from the NFA to Texas We will see what happens this week I am on day 23 since approval
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd like to see the postmarked date. We all know it's not taking 3 weeks once it's mailed. More like, it's not getting mailed for 3 weeks or the SOT is sitting on it.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 1:41:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

My dealer just called and has my stamp. The next hurdle is the stupid NICS check. I get delayed 100% of the time. Never denied, just always delayed.

The end is near!

ETA: I have it in my posession. I think this is the first instant Proceed I've ever recieved from NICS! Now to make room in the schedule for some range time!
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 2:03:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

My dealer just called and has my stamp. The next hurdle is the stupid NICS check. I get delayed 100% of the time. Never denied, just always delayed.

The end is near!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The end is near!

I'd be curious to see the postmarked date of the envelope. Sounds like batfe is sitting on these for a few weeks?
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 2:14:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I'd be curious to see the postmarked date of the envelope. Sounds like batfe is sitting on these for a few weeks?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The end is near!

this seems like some examiners sit on them/batch mail. i had one approved friday hoping to see the stamp this week
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top