Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 12:29:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mongo001] [#1]
I guess I'll find out about the Schedule A.  I didn't send one with my electronic SBR application.

Link Posted: 4/21/2015 10:41:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By masfonos:

I don't know if any other entities have an analogous device, but the Schedule A is a part of my specific trust (and, AFAIK, most trusts I have seen have a similar device).  It's just one of the pages that came with the overall document.  It is essentially the list of property that the trust owns.

I have heard various takes on this list - from "it isn't necessary, it's just to help you (and your heirs/beneficiaries) keep track of what the trust owns when the time comes to distribute property" to "it's a running list of what has been approved and I send in an updated list with each F1/F4" and "I update it when I send in the form/get approved/never/when I get around to it/etc".  I have heard plenty of people say (including the poster above) that they only send their original list (including only the initial funding "body" of trust property that was required to execute the valid trust).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By masfonos:
Originally Posted By JPHoldings:
I run mine thru a LLC instead of a Trust. I take it this Schedule A only pertains to Trusts? For my cans & other SBR sending in the State Cert of Corporation and my IRS Tax ID was enough. Just don't want to have the eForm kicked back on me as this is the first time using it.

I don't know if any other entities have an analogous device, but the Schedule A is a part of my specific trust (and, AFAIK, most trusts I have seen have a similar device).  It's just one of the pages that came with the overall document.  It is essentially the list of property that the trust owns.

I have heard various takes on this list - from "it isn't necessary, it's just to help you (and your heirs/beneficiaries) keep track of what the trust owns when the time comes to distribute property" to "it's a running list of what has been approved and I send in an updated list with each F1/F4" and "I update it when I send in the form/get approved/never/when I get around to it/etc".  I have heard plenty of people say (including the poster above) that they only send their original list (including only the initial funding "body" of trust property that was required to execute the valid trust).

Appreciate the help. I didn't remember sending in more than the IRS Tax ID Form & the State of TX Cert of Corporation before so I'll continue on. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 12:38:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ShootersElement] [#3]
I filed last night for my first SBR via e-file and I think I screwed up dang it...i didn't submit my EIN with my paperwork just all my LLC docs from my state (AZ) showing it was approved.

Am I screwed or will they call or email me to get clarification or do you really need to submit the EIN?

This thread was a great help (even if I screwed it up).

Thanks in advance.

****EDIT****

I went back into the efile system and i was able to add my EIN document, have I found a glitch in the matrix and did I just make it worse?

Note nothing on the application was wrong, only the EIN document was missing from my supporting docs for my LLC.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:34:50 PM EDT
[#4]
When filling this out, how does the atf know the trust name you will use if you leave the licensee name blank?
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:57:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 8:41:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: masfonos] [#6]
Is it normal for the eForm to list only "5.56" as caliber (without unit of measurement) even though one chooses "mm" as unit of measure?  Is the absence of "mm" indicative of any problem that should be worked on?

Is the absence of the dash in "XX-15" for various AR model names in the drop-down box indicative of anything?  I know that box is just populated by what others have put in, but if the model as engraved is "XX-15" and only "XX15" is listed, is that indicative that nobody has ever entered that before, or that the model name without the dash has been approved, etc.  The proper thing to do is to check the box and manually type in "XX-15" with the dash, correct?  Does the "extra time for research" actually add extra time on the "new unknown firearm," or are they bright enough to figure this stuff out?
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 9:00:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlabamaPaul] [#7]
You enter the caliber, either from the dropdown or by entering it yourself. Then you select whether it's "Cal" or "MM".  The model should match the engraving on the receiver (attach a picture if necessary)...

Link Posted: 4/28/2015 10:04:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By AlabamaPaul:
You enter the caliber, either from the dropdown or by entering it yourself. Then you select whether it's "Cal" or "MM".  
View Quote

It doesn't necessarily show up on the form though?  I selected it but it doesn't show up on the completed form.  I tried finding examples online and saw F1s with and without units.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 11:27:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 11:38:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BoxofRox] [#10]
I can't even register. On the part where it says city it shows a dropdown but doesn't show anything when I click it and it wont let me add my state. I've tried it on 3 different browsers.

Tried it on the ipad and it worked. Now back to the laptop to try the rest.

Got 2 forms completed last night, had to refresh, close the window, and clear my cache a few times but I did the whole thing on chrome.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 9:42:06 PM EDT
[#11]
IIRC, it seems like those auto populate when you enter the zip.  Can you enter that?
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 8:30:45 PM EDT
[#12]
OP, thanks for posting. This made my F1 pretty easy.

Originally Posted By boltcatch:
Pay button problems

Specifically, with Chrome, for those who can't get the Pay.Gov window to show up -

- You will see a shield icon on the right end of the browser address bar.   Click or right click on it; you need to allow Chrome to load outdated/unverified scripts for this page
- Log out
- Log back in
- Make sure the form didn't eat your uploaded docs
- Hit pay button.   Should work.

Took me a few hours to figure this out - simply allowing the scripts won't do it, you have to have them allowed for the page before you log in.
View Quote

Thanks, I ran into this exact issue, but after trying IE11 and Firefox, I gave up and used my fiance's mac which worked fine.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 2:32:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Just tried to efile a form1. Went all the through up to the page where you upload trust doc's. Added the file, named it, clicked 'ADD' and it appeared in the box below as an "added" item. waited for a while and the 'next' tab never became available to click on. I finally just hit 'finish' and nothing. no pay screen or validation screen as you show near the end of your tutorial. It just bumps me back to the main form selection screen and shows I have no forms saved. I tried 3 different approved browsers and all had same result.

I double checked everything I did and made sure my trust pdf was under the limit (1.75mb actually).

Any ideas? Thanks
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 7:12:20 AM EDT
[#14]

Originally Posted By njneer75:

Just tried to efile a form1. Went all the through up to the page where you upload trust doc's. Added the file, named it, clicked 'ADD' and it appeared in the box below as an "added" item. waited for a while and the 'next' tab never became available to click on. I finally just hit 'finish' and nothing. no pay screen or validation screen as you show near the end of your tutorial. It just bumps me back to the main form selection screen and shows I have no forms saved. I tried 3 different approved browsers and all had same result.

I double checked everything I did and made sure my trust pdf was under the limit (1.75mb actually).

Any ideas? Thanks
View Quote
Try uploading a MS Word document (doesn't matter if it only contains one sentence) then upload the trust. If that works just delete the Word document...

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 1:06:10 PM EDT
[#15]
I just applied for my stamp this morning, no issues, great tutorial. I used Chrome Version 43.0.2357.81 m (most up to date version).
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 8:33:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By boltcatch:
Pay button problems

Specifically, with Chrome, for those who can't get the Pay.Gov window to show up -

- You will see a shield icon on the right end of the browser address bar.   Click or right click on it; you need to allow Chrome to load outdated/unverified scripts for this page
- Log out
- Log back in
- Make sure the form didn't eat your uploaded docs
- Hit pay button.   Should work.

Took me a few hours to figure this out - simply allowing the scripts won't do it, you have to have them allowed for the page before you log in.
View Quote

You're my hero.  Thanks Mister!
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 11:58:34 PM EDT
[#17]
I filled out the form up until I uploaded the PDF.  Something happened and it went back to the  first screen and it never showed the pay screen.  Do I have to do it again or is there a way to see if the form was submitted?
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 9:38:48 AM EDT
[#18]

Originally Posted By RaptorFuel:

I filled out the form up until I uploaded the PDF.  Something happened and it went back to the  first screen and it never showed the pay screen.  Do I have to do it again or is there a way to see if the form was submitted?
View Quote

What's the file size of your trust?
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 1:12:22 PM EDT
[#19]

Originally Posted By M4:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By M4:

Originally Posted By RaptorFuel:

About 2mb.  

Link Posted: 6/8/2015 4:04:38 PM EDT
[#20]
For an SBR should the engraving be done before, during, or after the form 1 is submitted?
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 4:44:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 1:35:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By c7aea15:
For an SBR should the engraving be done before, during, or after the form 1 is submitted?
View Quote

Do it before, or while you are waiting for the stamp. If you do it after approval, the firearm is now restricted, and you cannot just leave it in some engraver's possession, like you could before.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 2:35:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 4:49:21 PM EDT
[#24]
This is ridiculous.   I have tried four different browsers.   All protections turned off.   The shield trick in Chrome.  And still nothing.

It sends me back to the select screen after uploading my trust pdf that is only 1.3 mB.  Also tried the upload additional document file and delete trick a few posts up.   Nothing.

I never get the "NEXT"  button,  only the "Finish"  button.

I am selecting the check box "My item description is not in the list,  create new item"  because it is a pistol lower built as a 300 blackout from the factory.  It will be built with a 9mm upper.  When I select this check box it grays out the "Save template"  button at the bottom.

It is so frustrating I feel like I have wasted my money on forming a trust will just eat my losses and forget about SBRs or suppressors.
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 5:22:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon] [#25]
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 5:27:15 PM EDT
[#26]
So is it normal to have a copy in your draft folder and the submitted/in process folder ? the copy in draft folder doesn't have a submitted date .
Hope I didn't screw something up , my first one was submitted on 3/13 and I see other approvals for that date !
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 5:28:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 5:34:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By BigWaylon:

A duplicate in the Draft folder usually means you went back in and changed something. If you delete the Draft copy, it will most likely delete the Submitted copy as well.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DBs10:
So is it normal to have a copy in your draft folder and the submitted/in process folder ? the copy in draft folder doesn't have a submitted date .
Hope I didn't screw something up , my first one was submitted on 3/13 and I see other approvals for that date !

A duplicate in the Draft folder usually means you went back in and changed something. If you delete the Draft copy, it will most likely delete the Submitted copy as well.

Yeah , I wasn't going to delete it . Wasn't sure if it was affecting my approval though since it doesn't show a submitted date on the draft .
didn't change anything but I may have opened it accidently !
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 5:35:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Are you trying to upload at the Line Item? Or in the Electronic Documents?

If you're doing it at the Line Item section (which I don't recommend), you hit Finish:

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx151/thegreghorton/EFORMS/EForm15_zps9efd5383.jpg
View Quote

Line item is where I am entering info about the firearm then I hit next which opens the screen in your post and I upload my trust document.   At this point Next is grayed out and I select Finish.   I then get the round spiny loading circle and after a few moments it takes me back to the beginning where you scroll thru the various forms.
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 6:54:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 9:49:59 PM EDT
[#31]

Don't try to upload the trust there. Get to the screen above, hit Finish, then upload your trust at this screen:

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx151/thegreghorton/EFORMS/EForm17_zps339dbc23.jpg

This is the location that the ATF recommends you upload the trust.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By rollgrinder:
Are you trying to upload at the Line Item? Or in the Electronic Documents?

If you're doing it at the Line Item section (which I don't recommend), you hit Finish:

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx151/thegreghorton/EFORMS/EForm15_zps9efd5383.jpg

Line item is where I am entering info about the firearm then I hit next which opens the screen in your post and I upload my trust document.   At this point Next is grayed out and I select Finish.   I then get the round spiny loading circle and after a few moments it takes me back to the beginning where you scroll thru the various forms.

Don't try to upload the trust there. Get to the screen above, hit Finish, then upload your trust at this screen:

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx151/thegreghorton/EFORMS/EForm17_zps339dbc23.jpg

This is the location that the ATF recommends you upload the trust.

Thanks BigWaylon.   I am now having the problem of the pay pop up not wanting to load.   Tried all browsers again.  Internet Explorer is version 11 and the recommended version 8 will not work on my windows 8.1 machine.   Ugh!
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 10:51:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 10:55:45 PM EDT
[#33]

The pop up is for pay.gov, not eForms...so no surprise one works and the other doesn't.

Sometimes I've waiting as long as 10 minutes for it to populate...so don't just click it and then immediately close it if it doesn't work.

FWIW...I've had lots of luck with doing the payment via Safari/iPhone.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By rollgrinder:
Thanks BigWaylon.   I am now having the problem of the pay pop up not wanting to load.   Tried all browsers again.  Internet Explorer is version 11 and the recommended version 8 will not work on my windows 8.1 machine.   Ugh!

The pop up is for pay.gov, not eForms...so no surprise one works and the other doesn't.

Sometimes I've waiting as long as 10 minutes for it to populate...so don't just click it and then immediately close it if it doesn't work.

FWIW...I've had lots of luck with doing the payment via Safari/iPhone.

Tried it on Android both chrome and Firefox to no avail.   Can't even get my draft to load on those.   May try a friends iPhone.

As far as waiting on the pop up,  each time it gives a Web page cannot load error sort of like if you were to lose your data connection as it was loading.

I'm done for the night.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 6:32:46 PM EDT
[#34]
One question, I efiled and got the email saying approved with a pdf attached, will they actually mail me a physical copy?  do I need to wait for that copy or does the pdf with the stamp pictured on it suffice?
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 6:35:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: soldierman79] [#35]
Originally Posted By Johns96ss:
One question, I efiled and got the email saying approved with a pdf attached, will they actually mail me a physical copy?  do I need to wait for that copy or does the pdf with the stamp pictured on it suffice?
View Quote

No mailed forms. That PDF is your stamp. Just print it off. Congrats!
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 6:41:49 PM EDT
[#36]
BOOM!  Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 11:53:16 PM EDT
[#37]
OMG people want the federal government to be responsible for our healthcare etc....

that was a total PITA

Thank you for the info, it helped
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 7:56:20 AM EDT
[#38]
My PDF file is 3.1M to include the Assignment of Property and my Trust.  Will this be okay or will it need to be downsized?
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 8:39:29 AM EDT
[#39]

Originally Posted By cda97:

My PDF file is 3.1M to include the Assignment of Property and my Trust.  Will this be okay or will it need to be downsized?
View Quote
You can either try saving it as a reduced size pdf or split it into two files...

Link Posted: 6/19/2015 1:54:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Just finished submitting my first eForm 1, thanks for the tutorial!
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 3:20:16 PM EDT
[#41]

No, it's still just a lower...like any other lower. Same rules would apply. It's only an NFA item once configured as such. You can travel with the lower without a 5320.20, and even sell it as a GCA firearm even after approval.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SR712:
Do it before, or while you are waiting for the stamp. If you do it after approval, the firearm is now restricted, and you cannot just leave it in some engraver's possession, like you could before.

No, it's still just a lower...like any other lower. Same rules would apply. It's only an NFA item once configured as such. You can travel with the lower without a 5320.20, and even sell it as a GCA firearm even after approval.

Thanks, I didn't know this.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 4:17:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 4:29:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By TheMountaineer:
Well, I submitted my first eForm Form 1 using these and BigWaylon's instructions.  It was nowhere near as hard as I
thought it would be other than a couple oddities on the ATF site.  We'll see how it goes

(It is for a .40 cal po' boy SDTA suppressor that'll be used on a JRC, which will also eventually be Form 1ed to an
SBR )
View Quote

ATF emailed the stamp to me this afternoon!  Worked like a charm
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 2:33:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Dumb question.  I have one of the blank 199trust.com trusts from a sale a while back.  I am finally getting around to submitting my form 1 for an SBR.  Does the blank inventory section where you fill out the make, model, serial, etc. of everything you want to put in the trust, need to be filled out before submitting the trust with the form 1?
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 4:07:55 AM EDT
[#45]
What is everyone using to convert their scanned trust into a pdf?
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 7:16:52 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 7:57:17 AM EDT
[#47]
I assume the trust needs to be signed and notarized before submitting?  Or, is this just for internal use if the trust were ever contested?
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 8:09:15 AM EDT
[#48]
Yes, it needs to be fully executed...
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 2:38:23 PM EDT
[#49]

It doesn't have to be PDF.

But, my all-in-one makes it a PDF when I scan it...no converting required. I'd imagine most scanners do the same.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Lay:
What is everyone using to convert their scanned trust into a pdf?

It doesn't have to be PDF.

But, my all-in-one makes it a PDF when I scan it...no converting required. I'd imagine most scanners do the same.

I figured PDFs would be a lot smaller than the scans themselves and it makes a nice neat document.
I didn't even think of that, I will check when I get home.
Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 6:19:34 PM EDT
[#50]
i eformed a F1 on 4/8 and today i logged in and found the form went to approved (Finalized) on 7/15 but haven't received a email with the pdf yet
When i view the form on the web site it says in process submitted

how long from approved till you get a email?
thx
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top