BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 7:20:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:
OTOH, can I edit the .pdf file & manually transfer/enter the name, date fields, etc. info (in particular, the notary's hand-written signature & commission expiration stamp), or are the signature fields required to display actual hand-written signatures?
View Quote

Pretty sure they want to see the sigs.

What you could do is upload the PDF, and then upload a second file of just the notarized/signed pages. Name them so it's clear what they contain. You're allowed up to 10 attachements at 3MB each.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 1:18:07 PM EDT
[#2]
So regarding entering the trust name -

I went with 199 trust.  my trust is called "Justin3 Trust"

I read elsewhere that ATF was kicking back forms based on the word "the" not being in front of trust names

Not using quotation marks here, unless quotation marks appear in the actual document.

My trust document starts off with the title -
Declaration of the Justin3 Trust
View Quote

and the second sentence of the second paragraph says -
It shall be known as the Justin3 Trust and the intent of the trust.......
View Quote

Then the second part of my trust document is titled - CERTIFICATION OF TRUST/DECLARATION OF TRUST

the first line starts out with:
1. Trust Name and Date: The following Trust is the subject of this Certification of Trust: The “Good Trust,” dated 3/16/2-15
View Quote

so based on this info, what is appropriate to put in the application, "The Justin3 Trust" or "Justin3 Trust"  and then what I put in that box would be verbatim what gets engraved on the item being manufactured?
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 1:36:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I can only say what I would do if it was me.

I would not include "the" in the title since it's not capitalized. Mine has "the" in the document, but it's not included inside the quotes in one spot, and isn't bold in the other.

The Cert of Trust is a little more questionable, but I don't believe it's required to send that. I did include mine. If you send it, just put it as the last section. I would think you'd have a good argument to get a Disapproval overturned if they Disapproved it because you didn't include "the".
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 11:12:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Justin3:

I read elsewhere that ATF was kicking back forms based on the word "the" not being in front of trust names

Not using quotation marks here, unless quotation marks appear in the actual document.

Then the second part of my trust document is titled - CERTIFICATION OF TRUST/DECLARATION OF TRUST

so based on this info, what is appropriate to put in the application, "The Justin3 Trust" or "Justin3 Trust"  and then what I put in that box would be verbatim what gets engraved on the item being manufactured?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

1. Trust Name and Date: The following Trust is the subject of this Certification of Trust: The “Good Trust,” dated 3/16/2-15

You shouldn't need to include "the" as part of your trust's name. I used 199trust for mine as well and did it the same way you are with "Ctprelude Trust" as the name, and I was just approved last week. "The" would need to be capitalized if it was part of your trust's name.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 11:57:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By ctprelude:

You shouldn't need to include "the" as part of your trust's name. I used 199trust for mine as well and did it the same way you are with "Ctprelude Trust" as the name, and I was just approved last week. "The" would need to be capitalized if it was part of your trust's name.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ctprelude:

I used the 199 trust website and my trust is my last name trust with no "the" . It.was just approved last week on a form one and has another week for two suppressors.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 8:39:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks so much. Just used this for the first time.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 10:53:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Dash_ISpy:
Thanks so much. Just used this for the first time.
View Quote

You are welcome. I'm glad people are able to understand my ramblings. Be sure to post here if you find an error or missed step in the guide. Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 2:40:03 PM EDT
[#8]
I just got my eForm back.........DISAPPROVED

Reason was because I used my PO Box in 3b and didn't give a street address in 3c.

Should I just put my street address in 3b instead of PO Box?
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 3:46:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon] [#9]
Originally Posted By williet:
I just got my eForm back.........DISAPPROVED

Reason was because I used my PO Box in 3b and didn't give a street address in 3c.

Should I just put my street address in 3b instead of PO Box?
View Quote

Yes. It has to be registered to an address.

Although, the reality is most legal entities (especially trusts) don't have a physical address. You'd just use your home address.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 3:55:06 PM EDT
[#10]
filed my first 2 today.

now its time to sit and wait
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 8:02:30 PM EDT
[#11]
I was going to ask what happens when it is disapproved. Does the cycle start all over again? I'm still less than 30 days waiting, but I was just curious.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 9:18:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Just did my first for an SBR on a Delaware Machine lower.  The DM lower literally has no model...  I ended up selecting N/A.  Here's hoping that doesn't hang it up too badly.

I also realized after submitting that my Schedule A isn't assigned...  This was after I originally put the attachments in the line item instead of at the end. And deleted them.  And did it again.

I have a feeling mine will have questions.  
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 9:25:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By OilyPablo:
I was going to ask what happens when it is disapproved. Does the cycle start all over again? I'm still less than 30 days waiting, but I was just curious.
View Quote

Technically "back of the line". However, there's a supervisor there (Ted) that has been approving the new form within 48 hours if you send him the info from the Disapproved F1 and the resubmitted F1.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 9:39:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By BigWaylon:
dl
Technically "back of the line". However, there's a supervisor there (Ted) that has been approving the new form within 48 hours if you send him the info from the Disapproved F1 and the resubmitted F1.
View All Quotes
dl

Do they just 'disapprove' or can you modify the attachments and information if something is out of spec?
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 10:33:02 PM EDT
[#15]
This is my first time doing a form 1. I currently have a $20 bill assigned to it on the assignments list. Do I need to put the serial of the future sbr on it before or after I submit the form?
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 10:54:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Just used this and BigWaylons guide to fill a form 1 today. Was helpful. Than you guys for putting in the work to show us how to do it.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 11:02:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: williet] [#17]

View All Quotes

Got an email saying DISAPPROVED at 12 noon CST, resubmitted at 1:30 CST.

Got an email saying APPROVED at 9:30pm, so it took 8 hours.

Big thanks to Ted for helping me out on this!

Now how long do refunds take? It kinda sucks that i have to pay again to resubmit the form.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 11:35:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Awesome - thanks guys!
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 7:06:39 AM EDT
[#19]
Now how long do refunds take? It kinda sucks that i have to pay again to resubmit the form.
View All Quotes

I'm pretty sure they're still running 60+ days.

Originally Posted By kab85:
Do they just 'disapprove' or can you modify the attachments and information if something is out of spec?

They usually just Disapprove. No call or email to try to correct it. You can upload new attachments after it's submitted and before its Approved/Disapproved...but you can't edit the info on the form.

Link Posted: 3/20/2015 10:36:11 AM EDT
[#20]

They usually just Disapprove. No call or email to try to correct it. You can upload new attachments after it's submitted and before its Approved/Disapproved...but you can't edit the info on the form.

View All Quotes

Ah ok.  Well the only things I had that might have been off are the fact that the Delaware lower has literally no model number, and the Schedule A wasn't signed.  I fixed the Schedule A, but I can't do anything about the model number except hope and wait.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 1:42:43 PM EDT
[#21]

Sent my first Efile in on Tuesday. Thanks for the guide!

Link Posted: 3/21/2015 1:17:34 AM EDT
[#22]
Tag for later!!!
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 7:32:11 PM EDT
[#23]
i am trying to pay.  i keep getting a systems warning.  something about java...etc etc.  anyone else?
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 7:43:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By eddiegunks:
i am trying to pay.  i keep getting a systems warning.  something about java...etc etc.  anyone else?
View Quote

Won't work in Firefox or with any script blocker. Try IE with  all shields down.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 12:48:13 AM EDT
[#25]

Won't work in Firefox or with any script blocker. Try IE with  all shields down.
View All Quotes

It worked for me on Firefox, but it took a few tries. I'd get a blank popup, I had to close it and click again.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 12:58:50 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By mizzarley:

It worked for me on Firefox, but it took a few tries. I'd get a blank popup, I had to close it and click again.
View All Quotes

I tried and tried that, no go. No offense or anything but I hope that website wasn't as expensive as say.....obamacare.gov
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 2:03:29 AM EDT
[#27]

I tried and tried that, no go. No offense or anything but I hope that website wasn't as expensive as say.....obamacare.gov

View All Quotes

i am trying to pay. i keep getting a systems warning. something about java...etc etc. anyone else?

Won't work in Firefox or with any script blocker. Try IE with all shields down.

try google chrome, that worked for me

Link Posted: 3/26/2015 3:54:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Anyone try to upload a Trust today. Can't seem to get past that page. Tried on IE and Safari, all I get is the spinning watch. ATF site went down during part of the attempeted up load so wondering if the problem was on their end?

Steve
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 4:35:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 4:51:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Filled out my first Form 1 today for SBR. Now the wait....

Thank you for having this thread.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 6:42:55 PM EDT
[#31]

Originally Posted By Rojos:

Anyone try to upload a Trust today. Can't seem to get past that page. Tried on IE and Safari, all I get is the spinning watch. ATF site went down during part of the attempeted up load so wondering if the problem was on their end?

Steve
View Quote
Site crashed on me today, but I got through about 2 hours ago
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 11:41:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Both of my Form 1's have had something I've put in the extra description field, none of it shows up on the form.  Is this normal?
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 8:07:40 AM EDT
[#33]
Both of my Form 1's have had something I've put in the extra description field, none of it shows up on the form.  Is this normal?
View Quote

Yes. The recommendation is to leave it blank. However, if you put something there, it doesn't show up on the form. Not sure if the examiners actually see it or not. (Similar to choose "caliber" or "mm").
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 5:05:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Pay button problems

Specifically, with Chrome, for those who can't get the Pay.Gov window to show up -

- You will see a shield icon on the right end of the browser address bar.   Click or right click on it; you need to allow Chrome to load outdated/unverified scripts for this page
- Log out
- Log back in
- Make sure the form didn't eat your uploaded docs
- Hit pay button.   Should work.

Took me a few hours to figure this out - simply allowing the scripts won't do it, you have to have them allowed for the page before you log in.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 4:14:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Well, I submitted my first eForm Form 1 using these and BigWaylon's instructions.  It was nowhere near as hard as I
thought it would be other than a couple oddities on the ATF site.  We'll see how it goes

(It is for a .40 cal po' boy SDTA suppressor that'll be used on a JRC, which will also eventually be Form 1ed to an
SBR )
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 12:45:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Brahmzy] [#36]
Can I use this EFORM method to submit a change of address?

If so, what is the eform I need?  If not, what is the form I need?  
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 12:51:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlabamaPaul] [#37]
No. Change of address is done on a 5320.20

ETA: You can't use eForms for submitting that form...
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 5:08:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By AlabamaPaul:
No. Change of address is done on a 5320.20  

ETA: You can't use eForms for submitting that form...
View Quote

Thank you fine sir.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 2:02:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Has anyone ran into this?  This happened when I tried to click on "Sign & Submit".

Link Posted: 4/12/2015 9:43:24 AM EDT
[#40]
FFS, I have IE 11.whatever and Chrome 41.whatever and neither will work through registration.

GD government in action.

Best route from here?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 1:15:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By mongo001:
FFS, I have IE 11.whatever and Chrome 41.whatever and neither will work through registration.

GD government in action.

Best route from here?

Thanks.
View Quote

You can try Firefox, worked for me. That website blows, you just gotta keep at it.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 1:31:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By mongo001:

GD government in action.

Best route from here?

Thanks.
View Quote

Combo of Firefox, then IE to pay. All shields down!
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 2:47:59 PM EDT
[#43]
any recent approvals? what were your submission dates?
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 8:02:16 PM EDT
[#44]

Originally Posted By YukonBoy03:

any recent approvals? what were your submission dates?
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 8:34:05 PM EDT
[#45]
I got through it with Firefox. Save a lot and if it gives you a popup error about Java just right click the page and refresh it. Worked for me.

The website in general is a POS, but I found it especially funny that the payment screen worked flawlessly.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 4:55:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Thanks for this.  I just finished the application for my first SBR.  Chrome worked perfect for me.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 10:23:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: masfonos] [#47]
I've asked before if the Schedule A (or assignment or whatever you call it) that you include with your trust must be updated each time you send it in or not and I believe the answer was to just send in the original Schedule A that showed the initial funding for the trust.  However, in the past few days I've seen a couple of posts where people are talking about updating the Schedule A before sending it along with an application.  

To confirm, what are people doing?  Does it matter?  There should be no issues sending the original electronic copy of a trust, including the original Schedule A showing only the initial funding (body) of the trust (even if the trust now includes additional property), correct?

For payment, is it fine to use a pre-paid CC?
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 4:40:57 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By masfonos:
I've asked before if the Schedule A (or assignment or whatever you call it) that you include with your trust must be updated each time you send it in or not and I believe the answer was to just send in the original Schedule A that showed the initial funding for the trust.  However, in the past few days I've seen a couple of posts where people are talking about updating the Schedule A before sending it along with an application.  

To confirm, what are people doing?  Does it matter?  There should be no issues sending the original electronic copy of a trust, including the original Schedule A showing only the initial funding (body) of the trust (even if the trust now includes additional property), correct?

View Quote

I don't know about the pre-paid cc.

For the schedule A I just upload the original for each new form 1 I submit. So far so good.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 5:47:20 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By masfonos:

View Quote

I run mine thru a LLC instead of a Trust. I take it this Schedule A only pertains to Trusts? For my cans & other SBR sending in the State Cert of Corporation and my IRS Tax ID was enough. Just don't want to have the eForm kicked back on me as this is the first time using it.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 11:50:46 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By JPHoldings:
I run mine thru a LLC instead of a Trust. I take it this Schedule A only pertains to Trusts? For my cans & other SBR sending in the State Cert of Corporation and my IRS Tax ID was enough. Just don't want to have the eForm kicked back on me as this is the first time using it.
View Quote

I don't know if any other entities have an analogous device, but the Schedule A is a part of my specific trust (and, AFAIK, most trusts I have seen have a similar device).  It's just one of the pages that came with the overall document.  It is essentially the list of property that the trust owns.

I have heard various takes on this list - from "it isn't necessary, it's just to help you (and your heirs/beneficiaries) keep track of what the trust owns when the time comes to distribute property" to "it's a running list of what has been approved and I send in an updated list with each F1/F4" and "I update it when I send in the form/get approved/never/when I get around to it/etc".  I have heard plenty of people say (including the poster above) that they only send their original list (including only the initial funding "body" of trust property that was required to execute the valid trust).
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top