Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2014 5:41:01 AM EDT
My dealer send in 2 x Form 4's about mid November, with 2 personal checks from me for the fees.

As of now, the checks have not been cashed.

In the past, it's only taken ATF 2 weeks or so from mailing to cash them, so they're running about 3-4 weeks late, if they got them.

What should I do?  Continue to wait?  Call to see if they got them?  If not, at the point, should I consider them lost at ATF (the actual mail has never lost anything for me so I'd wager it's been lost once at the ATF empire), and then what?  Re-send?

My fear is that I fire up another set of forms and checks, and then at some point, someone comes back from a 8 week vaction and starts working on the pile of envelopes on their desk, and opens mine and cashes the original checks.  I can't imagine how hard it would be to get a refund from them.

A stop check fee is about 32 bucks a check, so not cheap either.

Thanks,
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 11:46:05 AM EDT
[#1]
I sent two packets in the beginning of November and both checks were cashed within 7-9 days.

Verify with your FFL that he actually sent them, as many FFL are known to be lazy.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 12:11:41 PM EDT
[#2]
My check (Form 4 Trust) sent in October was not cashed for two months.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 5:31:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I ordered two cans through Silencer Shop, one on Decemeber 3rd, the other on the 6th, as well as a buddy of mine ordering on December 8th through Silencer Shop, and all three of our Checks were cashed on December 15th.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 11:39:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I've sent 4 F4's this month.  All four were cashed within a day of arrival.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 1:05:47 AM EDT
[#5]
ATF took 3 business days to cash my cashiers check. Arrived on Monday per USPS, cashed Thursday per the bank.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 6:49:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Here are the dates for my can I received last week.

Approved Date: 12-11-14
Forms Received: 12-17-14
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:07:00 AM EDT
[#7]
My forms/money order were delivered 12/10/14 and money order was cashed 12/15/14 so 5 days total only 3 business days
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:36:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I sent two packets in the beginning of November and both checks were cashed within 7-9 days.

Verify with your FFL that he actually sent them, as many FFL are known to be lazy.
View Quote

This right here.  Handle as much of the process yourself as you can.  All my FFLs do for me is verify information on the form4 vs. the form3, sign it, and do my 4473 after they come back.  I handle the rest.  

At the end of the day, they don't give two sh*ts about getting your paperwork done in an expedited, or even timely manner.   I had one wait 2 months just for the Sherrif's signature...it took almost 2.5months after that before my check even cashed....which surprisingly was around 10-12 days after i called him and told him something was very wrong with the process.  
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 1:35:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
My check (Form 4 Trust) sent in October was not cashed for two months.
View Quote

Exactly the same for me. . Dealer sent forms Oct 6 registered mail.   Check cashed Dec 9.  Atf lost the envelope for 2 months then found it again apparently. . Your tax dollars at work!
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 8:31:48 PM EDT
[#10]
NFA are quick to cash. I've never had one cashed no longer than a week from when it was sent. However, my recent one was cashed within few days of being sent but did not go into system for another 4 weeks. Which is odd...
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 12:55:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Well, my can is finally in the system; pending November 28th, which means it went pending a few weeks before the check was cashed.  Also, it means that for the last several weeks it has not shown pending but then the date was retroactively assigned.  Odd, that.

So to recap, sent in at the beginning of September.
Check not cashed until early December.
Pending date assigned late December but reported as late November, prior to check cashing.

Maybe we all were in the same stack of lost forms or something?  That would be a crazy coincidence.
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 10:24:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
NFA are quick to cash. I've never had one cashed no longer than a week from when it was sent. However, my recent one was cashed within few days of being sent but did not go into system for another 4 weeks. Which is odd...
View Quote

Same here
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 11:15:01 PM EDT
[#13]
My latest Form 4 was delivered to the ATF on 12/24 and the check was cashed on 12/30.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 9:13:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Mailed my Form 4 on 12/24/14
Cashed Today (12/31/14)

Now, i wait impatiently for my first time...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top