Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/2/2014 3:34:17 PM EDT
Am I the only one who is still waiting on a form 4 stamp that was approved on November 2nd?  The dealer still hasn't received the stamp, and called the ATF asking if they can send out a copy.  They were told to wait a few more weeks.  My investigation on NFA tracker turned up 12 days as the longest time in recent months from approved to stamp received in my state, and I'm up to 30 days now!
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 3:56:35 PM EDT
[#1]
You are not the only one.  I have the same approval date and no stamp.  I was going to call my dealer tomorrow and see since it would be past the 30 day window.  I was told by the ATF that a copy could be requested after 30 days... Why would they tell your dealer to wait a few more weeks?

Something tells me we may have the same examiner...
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 4:17:19 PM EDT
[#2]
If you do call the dealer, I would be interested to hear if you get the same answer.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 4:26:00 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If you do call the dealer, I would be interested to hear if you get the same answer.
View Quote
Mind posting (or PM) which dealer it is?  Just looking to see if there are any common denominators here.

Link Posted: 12/2/2014 5:52:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Dawsonville G&P sat on my stamp for over a month. I called and left several messages to the NFA guy that were never returned, and finally got him on the phone. "Yeah its here" and "we don't call when they come in". I'll never shop there again. Eff that guy.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 6:49:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Dawsonville G&P sat on my stamp for over a month. I called and left several messages to the NFA guy that were never returned, and finally got him on the phone. "Yeah its here" and "we don't call when they come in". I'll never shop there again. Eff that guy.
View Quote
That's shitty.  I actually called my dealer the week before Thanksgiving to see if it was there.  They checked and said that it hasn't arrived yet... He even said that they were usually on top of all the stamps they get in.

Link Posted: 12/2/2014 7:03:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I was approved on 30 Oct and nothing

Dealer requested a certified copy on Mon.   I just hope I get it before Christmas now
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 7:06:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Same here...approved Nov 4 and still no stamp.  My dealer said he'd call me immediately so i'd quit bugging him

I just told him to shut up since i spend a good deal of $ with him

Now where are my stamps??
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 7:07:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Mine was approved October 2nd and my dealer still hasn't gotten it. I've submitted for a certified copy. Either someone at NFA branch is f-ing up, or USPS is f-ing up.
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 11:45:53 AM EDT
[#9]
I waited 5 weeks for the stamp from my Sept approval.
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 6:18:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Well, I'll be at the 5 week mark in a few days so hopefully I get the original before the certified copy gets back.

Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/3/2014 8:05:49 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Well, I'll be at the 5 week mark in a few days so hopefully I get the original before the certified copy gets back.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

When did you apply for a cert. copy?  I'm at say 31 and my dealer just sent the request today. Just wondering what kind of timeline I'm looking at.

Link Posted: 12/4/2014 1:02:18 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
When did you apply for a cert. copy?  I'm at say 31 and my dealer just sent the request today. Just wondering what kind of timeline I'm looking at.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Form 4 was approved 30 Oct.  The request was sent on 1 Dec (Mon)..   Somebody told me it took about 3 weeks to get their certified copy.  I'll post up any update.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 10:06:37 AM EDT
[#13]
NFA Branch customer service is worse than Comcast's. We need to be calling and complaining loudly to our congress-tards.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 12:04:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I never asked for a certified copy. I was told they had 30 days to mail it rather than 30 days for me to receive it. My dealer said i had to wait 5 weeks to receive it before sending a request. I should have asked for the envelope the stamp came in so I could have seen the postmark date. I'm willing to bet my stamp was dusty.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 1:17:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I never asked for a certified copy. I was told they had 30 days to mail it rather than 30 days for me to receive it. My dealer said i had to wait 5 weeks to receive it before sending a request. I should have asked for the envelope the stamp came in so I could have seen the postmark date. I'm willing to bet my stamp was dusty.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

So you're saying your dealer had received your original stamped form but didn't let you know it had arrived.  Sorry, I'm confused.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 11:22:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

So you're saying your dealer had received your original stamped form but didn't let you know it had arrived.  Sorry, I'm confused.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

He's a good guy. I'm just going to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume it took the ATF all of 30+ days to walk it over to the mailbox.
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 8:41:08 AM EDT
[#17]
I thought about this last night. Something just seems fishy to me. Not sayin I wear a tinfoil hat or anything, But adding a month or two after approval could cause a lot of problems for some guys when May comes around. I mean, nothing may come of 41P, but what if being grandfathered in has to do with stamps in hand, and not merely a verbal approval per a phone call or stamps still not mailed out.

I don't know, just sounds like something we're all gonna have to stay on top of here in the near future.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 1:31:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Any updates OP?

I called the ATF on Nov 14 for one and was told it got approved that day.  Still have not received a stamp.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 2:45:43 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Any updates OP?

View Quote

I called the ATF on Nov 14 for one and was told it got approved that day.  Still have not received a stamp.
He and I both had our FFL request certified copies. Hopefully we will have our cans by Christmas.

Link Posted: 12/8/2014 3:23:25 PM EDT
[#20]
The stamp for my 11/23 approval came in today via carrier pigeon or pony express.

Link Posted: 12/11/2014 4:38:42 PM EDT
[#21]
I will be receiving the suppressor tomorrow, 12 Dec.  44 days since approval.  Dealer requested certified form 4 request at day 32.  Suppressor is being shipped to me and was shipped on the 9th so I'm assuming the form 4 was received on that day or day prior. That's only 8 days since the request so I'm betting it's the original form 4.  I forgot to ask if it was the original copy or certified copy.  Update tomorrow for results.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 5:13:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Really?  I'd go in, pick up my toy, and then ask then what the fuck they're good for.

ETA, my dealer calls as soon as he gets them.

And all my F4s have been received within a week or so of the approval date.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 5:55:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I will be receiving the suppressor tomorrow, 12 Dec.  44 days since approval.  Dealer requested certified form 4 request at day 32.  Suppressor is being shipped to me and was shipped on the 9th so I'm assuming the form 4 was received on that day or day prior. That's only 8 days since the request so I'm betting it's the original form 4.  I forgot to ask if it was the original copy or certified copy.  Update tomorrow for results.
View Quote

It will be the original if it has the stamp on it because it only gets issued that one time. If you lose it you don't get another stamp for that form.

I had mine approved on Dec 4 which was a Thursday and I went and got it on the 9th because he said it arrived on the 8th of Dec which was Monday. Im starting to think some of these late stamps have more to do

with the ffl's either not looking through there mail or forgetting to call and then when someone calls to check there like oh yeah it's here now just arrived. Im sure that happens a lot.

I'm getting my class 3 ASAP and me personally I would want people to come pick there stuff up as soon as they could so I don't have to store it any longer than I have too.  These things

take up space in the safe along with your actual stock so room goes fast if you have any amount of sells at all.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 6:42:48 PM EDT
[#24]
My original stamp showed up at the LGS today.  it was about 5 weeks from approved to stamp in hand.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 8:08:04 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

My original stamp showed up at the LGS today.  it was about 5 weeks from approved to stamp in hand.
View Quote
Hmm... I'm hoping mine is not far behind. I haven't gotten a phone call yet...

Link Posted: 12/16/2014 4:41:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

UPDATE:  Original stamp was mailed with the suppressor.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 4:50:24 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View Quote

That is absurd.  Tomorrow is two weeks for one of mine.  This is the first time I've waited over 5 days,
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 10:55:59 AM EDT
[#28]
My form 4 was approved 12/2/14 and my dealer still hasn't received it

So today being the 1st I'm right at 30 days since approval. The thing is my dealer doesn't do many transfers, I even had to fill out my own form 4 and he just signed it. He has never had to request a certified copy before.

Does anyone know the process of requesting a certified copy of a form 4? Can the request be faxed in? Or does it have to be mailed? If I have to mail it I'm going to over night it.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 12:46:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
My form 4 was approved 12/2/14 and my dealer still hasn't received it

So today being the 1st I'm right at 30 days since approval. The thing is my dealer doesn't do many transfers, I even had to fill out my own form 4 and he just signed it. He has never had to request a certified copy before.

Does anyone know the process of requesting a certified copy of a form 4? Can the request be faxed in? Or does it have to be mailed? If I have to mail it I'm going to over night it.
View Quote

Weird. I was approved 12/17 and it showed up 12/29
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 7:15:51 AM EDT
[#30]
Any idea how long it takes to receive a certified copy of an approved Form 4?

My Form 4 was originally approved on Oct 2nd but my dealer never got it. I faxed a request for a certified copy on Dec 2nd. I still haven't received anything.
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 8:38:56 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

My Form 4 was originally approved on Oct 2nd but my dealer never got it. I faxed a request for a certified copy on Dec 2nd. I still haven't received anything.
View Quote
I think your dealer needs to be the one that requests the certified copy.

Link Posted: 1/10/2015 10:34:34 AM EDT
[#32]
Why would that be?  It's registered to you in the NFRTR.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 3:46:01 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The call taker at NFA branch tha I spoke with said I could make the request myself, though she could have been giving me bad info. I'm gonna call on Monday, any particular person I should ask to speak with?
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 11:34:58 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
The call taker at NFA branch tha I spoke with said I could make the request myself, though she could have been giving me bad info. I'm gonna call on Monday, any particular person I should ask to speak with?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not sure... When I called them to enquire, they told me to have my dealer fax in the request.  

Link Posted: 1/11/2015 2:02:55 PM EDT
[#35]
I've got two form 4's, one approved on Dec 18th and one on Dec 29th, that my dealer hasn't received yet.  Even though these aren't my first, the wait still sucks....
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 11:24:45 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View Quote

The dealer has possession and still has to "transfer" it to you.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 11:47:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Awe that just bummed me out. Sucks dude. Mine was approved on 12.2.14 and I haven't gotten mine yet either. My dealer SAID he sent for a certified copy but I don't believe him, I dont know what to do. I've NEVER had anything lost in the mail, and for the first article of mail to get lost has to be a NFA tax stamp seriously. Your post just made me feel like I will never get it lol.. Sad
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 12:19:41 AM EDT
[#38]
I've had stamps come in out of order (based on submission dates.)  A careful review of the envelopes suggested they were initially mailed without postage.  So they got round-tripped to the NFA Department for postage, then delivered.  You'd think a department that is "all about the stamps" would remember to put a postage STAMP on the envelope......

Link Posted: 1/12/2015 9:04:45 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ATF doesn't know that; they only know that the transfer was approved and the system shows it registered to you.  Perhaps if it comes from an SOT it goes on a short pile for processing versus if it comes from just some guy?

*shrug*

Dollars to donuts I'll need to deal with this soon enough myself...
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 11:52:14 AM EDT
[#40]
So, I called today and was told they received the request and that the duplicate Form 4 is just awaiting certification from the chief examiner, then it'll mail out. So hopefully I'll get it in the next couple weeks. Ugh. This snafu will make it almost a 1 year wait from when I first ordered/paid for the can from silencershop. Couple months for the Form 3 to clear, and then a few for the Form 4, and a couple more for the lost form. Sigh.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 8:42:34 PM EDT
[#41]
it's not just Form 4 stamps that have been slow to mail. My paper form 1 was approved on 9/12 and it took 21 days to get it. Maybe not a month+...but still, a bicycle courier could have delivered it in that amount of time.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 9:57:35 PM EDT
[#42]
I actually had some of my fastest recently...approved 1/6, received today 1/12.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 12:36:16 AM EDT
[#43]
I had two Form 4s approved on 11/29, FFL received them on 12/20, so 3 weeks.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 6:33:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Octane 9, sparrow, spectre II, Huntertown arms T22 barrel. All went pending Oct 6. All approved Jan 8. Stamps received Jan 13. Yeah buddy
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 7:36:14 PM EDT
[#45]
Form 4 Trust Specwar 7.62 suppressor
Approved Date: 1/2/15
Form Received:1/14/15
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:54:10 AM EDT
[#46]
UGH....

Good and Bad...

The good = My M16 on a Paper Form 4 was approved in 2.5 months on 1/7/14

The bad = It's 1/19 and still no stamp at my dealer

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 5:52:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Got my 12/3 approval today. It came in last Friday.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 7:02:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Why can't they just put it in the mailbox and be done with it?  You would think they would want to get the backlog of stacked letters out as soon possible just to make room.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:32:11 PM EDT
[#49]
According to GA posters ITT (some with the same FFL) a lot of us had long wait times and also received then around the same time... It could've been as simple as a misspelled address on the packets which meant we had to wait for everything to return to sender then get shipped back out... Just a theory.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 5:33:40 AM EDT
[#50]
Still waiting for my 12.2.14 approval, I faxed in a request for a certified copy a few weeks ago..... I could have walked to WV and back by now jeez..
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top