Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2014 1:31:42 AM EDT
So long story short.. I purchased 4 supressors from my dealer on 10/1, filled out the form 4s while I was there, attached my trust copies, checks etc. The dealer said they would be mailed out on 10/3..

It's now 10/26 and the ATF says they haven't recieved anything, nor have any of my checks been cashed. The dealer is 1000% the paperwork was mailed.

What options do I have? Can I re submit with new checks, or would that screw everything up if they do infact "have them".. Just kinda worried that it's been almost a month and no word.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 1:57:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Unless you have some sort of tracking number from the dealer, I would probably wait another week or ten days.  Most likely scenario is the dealer didn't mail them out when they thought they were going to, and is now 1000% sure because they mailed the paperwork 10mins after you called asking about it...
;)

If you resubmit, you're basically assuming that the original package is lost/gone for good and you're starting over.  I don't know that it would "screw everything up" if they do have both sets, but it's likely you'd end up with $1600 in checks cashed before you could straighten it out and get one set cancelled/refunded.

That's also why I always mailed my own forms before I got my FFL.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 7:37:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Definitely nothing wrong at this point.

I have several with 9/22 check cashing dates that still aren't in the system.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 10:28:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

How long was it from the point your forms were mailed till they cashed the check? As my issue
is its been almost a month and my checks haven't been cashed.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:48:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

How long was it from the point your forms were mailed till they cashed the check? As my issue
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Checks were cashed in 1-3 weeks. But the NFA Branch will have no record of your serial number just because check was cashed. That can be 2-6 weeks later (used to be 2+ months).
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 11:25:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Took about a month for them to get my information in.  Checks were cashed on September 18th.  I called on October 3rd and they had no information, then I called on Ocotober 17th and I was told they went pending on the 17th of September!  Yes, I did ask about to make sure I heard correctly.

Call on November 3rd.

Link Posted: 10/27/2014 4:13:41 PM EDT
[#6]
When should I begin to worry if my check haven't been cashed? I'm not to worried about the pending dates, I just want to make sure they ATLEAST have the check.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 4:14:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Disregard
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 4:18:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Took about a month for them to get my information in.  Checks were cashed on September 18th.  I called on October 3rd and they had no information, then I called on Ocotober 17th and I was told they went pending on the 17th of September!  Yes, I did ask about to make sure I heard correctly.

Call on November 3rd.

View Quote

How long did it take for them to cash your check? As that's where my issue lies.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 5:12:20 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

How long did it take for them to cash your check? As that's where my issue lies.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Call on November 3rd.

I mailed my last form 10/8 and the money was taken from my account by ACH on 10/15.  I called today to check on three others, but this latest one has not yet gone pending.  I'm not worried at this point...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top