Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2014 6:48:49 AM EDT
I've had my full-size usee for about three or four years now and it is always running beautifully in 22 or 9 mm. 1.5 years ago I bought a grease gun lower for it and all I need are a barrel and bolt to complete my 45 kit.

Anyway I took the Vector last weekend everything is running fine just seems like it's running a little too slow for my taste now a days.

what is the new hotness in speeding up my rate of fire just a little. Say 750rpm.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 11:50:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd start with a new spring and see if that does anything. Then try a thicker buffer maybe. Blackjack sells them, or you could carve your own.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:10:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 7:30:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:48:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 6:42:31 AM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Garrett, thanks, that is a very graphic example of how buffers help in Uzis.

The hotness of ammo also contributes, so no two runs have the same ROF unless the ammo is the same (and the springs have had the same use) but I really, really, really like my 1" buffer when I'm shooting 9mm.
View Quote
Garrett thanks, it looks like I will be trying out the 1" buffer.

Tony do you use a anythingn while fringe ring in 45?
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 3:45:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 5:16:59 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Nope. The .45 conversion is already noticeably faster -- without a buffer, the .45's ROF is pretty close to the 9mm upper's ROF with a 1" buffer.

FWIW, my slowest Uzi setup is probably my .22RF conversion, after Richard at BWE tuned it and did his Slow-Fire conversion.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Garrett, thanks, that is a very graphic example of how buffers help in Uzis.

The hotness of ammo also contributes, so no two runs have the same ROF unless the ammo is the same (and the springs have had the same use) but I really, really, really like my 1" buffer when I'm shooting 9mm.
Garrett thanks, it looks like I will be trying out the 1" buffer.  

Tony do you use a anythingn while fringe ring in 45?

Nope. The .45 conversion is already noticeably faster -- without a buffer, the .45's ROF is pretty close to the 9mm upper's ROF with a 1" buffer.

FWIW, my slowest Uzi setup is probably my .22RF conversion, after Richard at BWE tuned it and did his Slow-Fire conversion.
Really? The 45 runs runs that fast? Humm to get the bolt and barrel or a Lage Suomi upper first?

And yes my 22 kit runs so good I am not sure I want to try to slow it down, but 27/30 22lr gone in 2.5 secounds is fast
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 6:34:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

And yes my 22 kit runs so good I am not sure I want to try to slow it down, but 27/30 22lr gone in 2.5 secounds is fast
View Quote

There's a cure for that too.  

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:54:33 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

http://youtu.be/eEwF2IRI4TM
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://youtu.be/eEwF2IRI4TM

dear lord man, How much?

ETA, and your kid is AWSOME I made my wife watch.

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:15:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
dear lord man, How much?

ETA, and your kid is AWSOME I made my wife watch.

View Quote

It's built by Bazooka Brothers.  I don't know if they are still making them, though.  It's a little finicky though.  Some days it runs great, and others not so much.  I haven't played with it for a few years.  

And yes - it was "take your daughter shooting" day.  I think she was around 3 at the time (she just turned 8 the other day - going by way too fast).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top