Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2014 1:55:23 PM EDT
I got an email from ATF that EForms will be back online next week for Forms 6 and 6a.  Then phasing in all forms but 3 and 4 over the next weeks as capacity is added to the system.

3 & 4 will follow on last.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 1:56:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I got an email from ATF that EForms will be back online next week for Forms 6 and 6a.  Then phasing in all forms but 3 and 4 over the next weeks as capacity is added to the system.

3 & 4 will follow on last.
View Quote

Yeah the scary statement was:  
Ultimately, our largest volume of requests, Form 3 and Form 4, will return to the new and improved eForms, which we expect to accomplish in the short term.
View Quote

What the hell does that mean?  1 month?  1 year?
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 1:57:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Got the same email a few minutes ago, now to free up some cash to form 1 my m92 pap
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 2:01:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Wish they would have said something like "we are still processing all efiled submissions."
I wonder if they aren't processing eform 3s/4s until you are able to submit an eform 3/4. That would anger me. A lot. My biggest worry is that my eform 3 will be stuck and 41P will go into effect, making it impossible for me to file the form 4.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 2:17:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 2:18:34 PM EDT
[#5]
All I know is that email was some awesome fu%king news I've got 3 cans and 2 form 1s in E jail right now I was about to lose my shit a couple weeks ago.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 2:20:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Agreed. It would have been nice if they would have officially addressed whether they are actively processing existing eform submissions. Although when I first saw the email with the bullet on how to request a refund, I thought they were going to say that all current eform applications were being rejected. The information regarding the additional manpower and increased work hours sounded good...
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 2:23:35 PM EDT
[#7]
That refund bullet was the first thing I saw and I immediately got a little hot blooded but after reading the rest I am confident they will be back up soon with the bugs worked out. The additional manpower can't hurt that's for sure. Hopefully they hire a web designer with at least a high school diploma this time around.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 2:26:04 PM EDT
[#8]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That refund bullet was the first thing I saw and I immediately got a little hot blooded but after reading the rest I am confident they will be back up soon with the bugs worked out. The additional manpower can't hurt that's for sure. Hopefully they hire a web designer with at least a high school diploma this time around.
View Quote
I know kids still in school that could build an app for smartphones...

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 2:48:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 3:11:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Hopefully they hire a web designer with at least a high school diploma this time around.
View Quote

I work for a certain leading wholesale club that hired Google to update the whole computer system...was actually not expensive as you would think (10's of millions). Hopefully that would be the industry leader they are talking about
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 4:36:12 PM EDT
[#11]
The scary part for me was this:

Priority for form 3 and 4 will be shifted to paper forms.

Hopefully prioritizing doesn't mean forgetting about. I have one form three at 7 weeks now (efiled). Would be nice to get a paper or Eform submitted before they change any rules.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 4:51:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Is the "15 additional staff" 15 additional examiners?

I would assume so since we currently have 15 examiners and they say that they are training the other half.

If so, that is a MAJOR breakthrough. And the fact they are being hired immediately? Even better.

I wonder where they are getting the funding?
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 4:57:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Doesn't matter what or when it comes back up.  With all of the down time of forms patiently just piling up waiting for Efile to be fixed, ARFcom is gonna crash it day one buy trying to submit 19,000 Form X's

I think technically ARFcom crashed the first sytsem, SS was just the messenger trying to slam them all down the piss hole (all at once even lol)

ARFcom finds out Efile is about to be back up:

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:19:35 PM EDT
[#14]
So is it safe to remove the tin foil hats now?  All the conspiracy nonsense here has been amusing to say the least.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 10:34:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I would assume so since we currently have 15 examiners and they say that they are training the other half.

If so, that is a MAJOR breakthrough. And the fact they are being hired immediately? Even better.

View Quote

I think that those are the 15 hired late last year or this year.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 2:40:07 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm surprised forms 3 & 4 are last. Those, along with form 2 & 6 are arguably the most important & since only FFLs and/or SOTs can file them I would think there's less chance of crashing the system vs form 1 which all of us unwashed masses can file and thus bog down their POS website.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:02:05 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I'm surprised forms 3 & 4 are last. Those, along with form 2 & 6 are arguably the most important & since only FFLs and/or SOTs can file them I would think there's less chance of crashing the system vs form 1 which all of us unwashed masses can file and thus bog down their POS website.
View Quote
If you look at the number the ATF gave a while back, Form 3 and 4's were exponentially larger than form 1's.  

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:02:47 AM EDT
[#18]
and it's back down
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:03:10 AM EDT
[#19]
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:58:46 AM EDT
[#20]
It's up and running fast right now. I even logged in from my tablet.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:08:16 AM EDT
[#21]
played around on it this morning and updated all of my draft form 1s with the proper info and attached my documents. The system will even let me pay and submit them, but i'm waiting for the official word forms ones are allowed back. At least now all i have to do is pay and submit.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:51:20 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

played around on it this morning and updated all of my draft form 1s with the proper info and attached my documents. The system will even let me pay and submit them, but i'm waiting for the official word forms ones are allowed back. At least now all i have to do is pay and submit.
View Quote
This part took me two days to complete...

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:57:29 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

IT just depends on when you were on. I already have 3 of them from january that went through without a hitch to the submitted part, but i was doing it at 4am.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:22:19 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

that got me to...

i was all like "WTF!!!!"

then i was like ....

but im still ..
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 10:45:47 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you talking about the new examiners?

There wasn't 15 hired, just additional ones (I think about 8) hired to bring the total number up to 15.

But the letter state "15 additional staff" have been hired.

It's not very clear. It could be just people who enter the data.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top