BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 191
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:51:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

one approved today and one denied. wrong serial number so i will get it fixed fast i hope. probably have to re-submit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
11-7-14 SBR x2....still waiting

one approved today and one denied. wrong serial number so i will get it fixed fast i hope. probably have to re-submit.

Resubmitted with correct info(partly my fault and a little theirs) ok mostly me. approved this morning
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:04:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Two form 1's submitted on Nov 14 both approved on Dec 20.  First SBR's for me
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 2:57:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Draco-C SBR Form 1
Submitted 11/17/14
Approved 12/20/14
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 3:28:10 PM EDT
[#4]
They must be assigned to an examiner when they're filed?  I'm waiting on my first one from 11-16.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 3:59:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I wonder if the examiners are working this week?

Waiting on a 11/18 SBR.

Edit.

Nevermind it was approved 12/21/14 but I did not receive and email.

Looged in and it was there.

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 4:41:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Form 1 S.B.R
submitted 11/21/14
approved 12/22/14
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 5:15:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
11/4 sbs here. Still waiting.
View Quote

Approved today 12/22

Carol Ripley
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 7:15:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Form 1 S.B.R
submitted 12/01/14
approved ?

Holidays might slow it down but I'm hoping first week of January....
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 9:13:15 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Form 1 S.B.R

submitted 12/01/14

approved ?

View Quote
With the holidays, I would say late January...

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 11:39:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Form 1 Suppressor.

Filed 12/8/2014.

Looking like mid to late January.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 12:17:07 AM EDT
[#11]
eForm 1 SBR for a Trust

submitted on 11/18/2014, approved on 12/22/2014,
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 2:32:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Form 1 SBR
Submitted 11/21/14
Approved 12/23/14
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 12:57:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Form 1 SBR
Submitted 11/16
Approved 12/28
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 7:32:31 PM EDT
[#14]
2nd SBR Form 1

11/20/14

12/30/14

Link Posted: 1/2/2015 4:12:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Submitted 3 SBRs on 11/29

Approved 1/2

Not bad considering the holidays
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 3:16:54 AM EDT
[#16]
eForm 1 AOW.
submitted 12-10-14
approved 1-3-15

just over 3 weeks spanning two federal holidays
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 7:29:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Just got the email today
Form 1
Submitted 11/24/2014
Approved 1/4/2015
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 8:02:39 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Resubmitted with correct info(partly my fault and a little theirs) ok mostly me. approved this morning
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just out of curiosity, how did the ATF know that the serial number was "wrong"?
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 8:12:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If I remember correctly, he had one of the Spikes lowers where the SN started with SBR-, and he only submitted the numerical portion.

It's an entire fiasco...they've approved some with SBR and at least one without, and also disapproved them in both formats.

At least one of the examiners said that SBR was the "heading" of the row, like CAL & MOD:

Link Posted: 1/4/2015 9:23:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Well crap.  It looks like I screwed up the SBR thing too.  I submitted on 3 December.  Should I let it ride, or try to change it, or give them a call?

Seriously Spikes, the change in font really screwed me up.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 9:26:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Well crap.  It looks like I screwed up the SBR thing too.  I submitted on 3 December.  Should I let it ride, or try to change it, or give them a call?

View Quote

Let it ride at this point. Hopefully it's disapproved, otherwise you technically don't have a form and a firearm that have the same SN.

When it's Disapproved, immediately refile with the correct SN. Send an email to [email protected] with the old and new control numbers and a 1-2 sentence explanation. Probably have an approved form within 48 hours, possibly within an hour or two.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 9:52:55 PM EDT
[#22]
12/2 and 12/10 checking in.

Link Posted: 1/4/2015 10:17:44 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

If I remember correctly, he had one of the Spikes lowers where the SN started with SBR-, and he only submitted the numerical portion.

It's an entire fiasco...they've approved some with SBR and at least one without, and also disapproved them in both formats.

At least one of the examiners said that SBR was the "heading" of the row, like CAL & MOD:

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx151/thegreghorton/Mobile%20Uploads/25AC15A0-0AC3-41F1-9855-A637750AEF1E_zps49wpmzip.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx151/thegreghorton/Mobile%20Uploads/25AC15A0-0AC3-41F1-9855-A637750AEF1E_zps49wpmzip.jpg

I guess I should feel relieved that Frushor approved my Spike's "SBR" the first time through.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 10:27:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I guess I should feel relieved that Frushor approved my Spike's "SBR" the first time through.
View Quote

Yep.

Had it started with SAR or SCR, it would've never been questioned. I got so tired of seeing the stories over the last month or two (so possibly the new examiners) that I sent a full explanation with pics to Ted, Gary and Kim trying to get it straightened out. They supposedly were going to pass the word to the examiners and research assistants.

Mine was a paper form that I submitted sometime back in the fall of '13, and it was approved the first time through, with the SBR prefix (as it should be).
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 10:36:32 PM EDT
[#25]
F1/TRUST SBR            Submitted 1/2/15
                                     Received

F1/TRUST SBR            Submitted 1/4/15
                                     Received
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 10:55:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Let it ride at this point. Hopefully it's disapproved, otherwise you technically don't have a form and a firearm that have the same SN.

When it's Disapproved, immediately refile with the correct SN. Send an email to [email protected] with the old and new control numbers and a 1-2 sentence explanation. Probably have an approved form within 48 hours, possibly within an hour or two.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did up a draft form.  Should I go ahead and submit it, then email Mr. Clutter, or should I still wait it out?

Pretty pissed, especially since I've had a suppressor (Paper Form 4), that I've been waiting on for pushing 14 months now.  Problem status since August.  
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 11:03:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I did up a draft form.  Should I go ahead and submit it, then email Mr. Clutter, or should I still wait it out?

Pretty pissed, especially since I've had a suppressor (Paper Form 4), that I've been waiting on for pushing 14 months now.  Problem status since August.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You could go ahead and submit, and when you email him just request the first one be canceled. Either way, you'll wait 60 days or so for the refund. If you go ahead and do it now, you will probably have an approved form tomorrow. You'll also avoid the chance it slips by and your form doesn't match the firearm (although you'd think it would be a reasonable explanation if it ever came up).

Probably should've recommended that plan initially instead if the "let it ride".

ETA: (This is all assuming you know everything else was right...not sure if this was your first form or not. Other common errors are putting your name instead of trust name, and using AR-15 as the model instead of what's engraved on the lower)
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 11:20:42 PM EDT
[#28]
This is my first eForm.  If it's wrong, I used your guide to filling them out!

This will be my fourth stamp, assuming that it beats my Sparrow in ATF purgatory.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 12:03:38 AM EDT
[#29]
Okay, I owe Mr. Clutter a cold beer.

I submitted the form and emailed him at 2230 local.  He replied at 2249, cancelled my wrong one and APPROVED MY GOOD ONE!
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 12:40:37 AM EDT
[#30]
BigWaylon deserves the beer! Ted Clutter came to my rescue also, but it was thanks to BigWaylons guidance.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 12:45:18 AM EDT
[#31]
You're right. BigWaylon, thanks for your help in both this specific issue and for your awesome walkthrough!  Couldn't have done it without you.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 1:22:34 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Form 1 S.B.R
submitted 12/01/14
approved ?

View Quote

i'm a 12/01 also....here's hoping!
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 1:25:36 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Just got the email today
Form 1
Submitted 11/24/2014
Approved 1/4/2015
View Quote

they work sundays?
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 8:45:41 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Okay, I owe Mr. Clutter a cold beer. I submitted the form and emailed him at 2230 local.  He replied at 2249, cancelled my wrong one and APPROVED MY GOOD ONE!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Okay, I owe Mr. Clutter a cold beer. I submitted the form and emailed him at 2230 local.  He replied at 2249, cancelled my wrong one and APPROVED MY GOOD ONE!

I didn't want to get your hopes up, which is why I always say "within 24/48 hours", but I'm not surprised at all. I've seen that scenario/timeline happen repeatedly.
Quoted:
they work sundays?

Weekend approvals are quite common.
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 10:51:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Submitted 12/2
Approved 1/5

So pumped. This was my first eform. Never got an email so glad I logged back on
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 11:17:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

they work sundays?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just got the email today
Form 1
Submitted 11/24/2014
Approved 1/4/2015

they work sundays?

Apparently, that's the date of the email and on my form. Signed by Heather Thempsen
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 3:36:42 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Submitted 12/2
Approved 1/5

View Quote

i'm 12/1....my examiner must not work weekends and Christmas/new years.......

where will it say approved?  does the submitted/in process change to approved?
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 7:18:30 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Submitted 12/2
Approved 1/5

I'm 12/1 as well. Nothing yet. I imagine if you don't get the email what you suggested is correct. Good luck!
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 8:34:05 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Submitted 12/2
Approved 1/5

When you log in and click on your form 1, the boxes are at the bottom and have things like submitted date etc and that little eye on the far right.  The box just to the left of the eye says Finalization Date.  Once approved, that Finalization Date will no longer be blank and will have an actual date in it.  

Once it does, you can open up your Form 1, click on "View Form" at the top, and the approved form pops up in a new pdf window.  Mine looked just like any old Form 1, with an electronic stamp on it, and an examiners electronic signature.  Didn't say "draft" or anything like that.

Again, this is my first time, so yall let me know if I missed anything.

Link Posted: 1/7/2015 8:55:13 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

When you log in and click on your form 1, the boxes are at the bottom and have things like submitted date etc and that little eye on the far right.  The box just to the left of the eye says Finalization Date.  Once approved, that Finalization Date will no longer be blank and will have an actual date in it.  

Once it does, you can open up your Form 1, click on "View Form" at the top, and the approved form pops up in a new pdf window.  Mine looked just like any old Form 1, with an electronic stamp on it, and an examiners electronic signature.  Didn't say "draft" or anything like that.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Submitted 12/2
Approved 1/5

You should know long before going through all that.

When you log in and see the "tree" to the left, you'll have an Approved "branch" instead of a Submitted/In Progress branch. I don't have a pic saved to show the Approved branch, but here's one from the guide showing Draft and Submitted. Approved (or Disapproved) would show up in the same area:

Link Posted: 1/7/2015 10:11:32 AM EDT
[#41]
12/2 Approved 1/7
F1 SBR
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 10:18:45 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
12/2 Approved 1/7
F1 SBR
View Quote

Cool, I submitted F1/SBR on 12/2 as well....
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 10:23:25 AM EDT
[#43]
Submitted 12/2
Approved 1/5
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 11:00:57 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Submitted 12/2
Approved 1/5

12/1 here as well. Just got the email that says my status has changed to approved. Can't log into the efile site today though.
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 11:04:28 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

12/1 here as well. Just got the email that says my status has changed to approved. Can't log into the efile site today though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Submitted 12/2
Approved 1/5

Your approved form is attached to your email. If you are using an iOS device, it doesn't show up. Use the browser version of email to download the attachment.
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 2:05:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
12/2 Approved 1/7
F1 SBR

12/2 Approved 1/7
F1/SBR

That's #3
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 2:13:18 PM EDT
[#47]

Congrats!

Quoted:

12/2 Approved 1/7
F1/SBR

That's #3
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
12/2 Approved 1/7
F1 SBR

12/2 Approved 1/7
F1/SBR

That's #3

Link Posted: 1/7/2015 9:09:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

When you log in and see the "tree" to the left, you'll have an Approved "branch" instead of a Submitted/In Progress branch. I don't have a pic saved to show the Approved branch, but here's one from the guide showing Draft and Submitted. Approved (or Disapproved) would show up in the same area:

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx151/thegreghorton/EFORMS/EForm26_zps4d5f2837.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Submitted 12/2
Approved 1/5

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx151/thegreghorton/EFORMS/EForm26_zps4d5f2837.jpg

thanks guys!

still not approved though......12/1......
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 11:04:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Come on 12/7's.....
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 1:49:37 AM EDT
[#50]
12/1.....still "In Process"  

my examiner obviously doesn't work weekends.....
Page / 191
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top