Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2016 2:40:38 AM EDT
Anybody have a Baker rifle reproduction or the real deal? It seems like the only options available are a cheap smoothbore indian version or one from the Rifle Shoppe, which from what I've read is probably harder to get than an original.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 11:11:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Would love to have a real Baker.
Instrumental in the defeat of Napoleon
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 12:04:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Ever watch the Sharp miniseries?  Lot's of Baker rifle action.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 12:24:23 PM EDT
[#3]
This too interests me
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 2:38:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I read all the books first so I had an idea of the way they should look and act. Didn't like the show, but the books are some of the best I've ever read.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 4:43:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I really want one, too.  Wish Pedersolli would make one (again?).  TRS does seem to be the only option for not junk (the Indian guns have many potential issues AND a smooth bore without vent hole).  TRS concerns me due to time lag and I don't like the idea of someone having THAT much of my money tied up for so long.

Are you guys familiar with British Militaria Forums?

Rob
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 12:58:47 AM EDT
[#6]
BritishMuzzleloaders on YouTube has an excellent video series on the Baker rifle using one built from a Rifle Shoppe kit. I'd like to get a assembled Baker from the Rifle Shoppe with all the correct proof marks but the wait time is ~3 years.

Link Posted: 4/29/2016 6:55:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, that's Rob and he frequents the British Militaria Forums I mentioned above.  Great videos!

Rob
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 4:01:58 PM EDT
[#8]
If I could get the parts, I'd make it myself (I've built flintlocks).

If you have to get the N-D-N one, get the barrel replaced or lined with a rifled sleeve.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 10:41:10 PM EDT
[#9]
I have seen them on Track of the Wolf .
The Mexican army had them during the Texas Revolution .
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 11:02:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Correct and at the Alamo, the Mexican riflemen had only four rounds each and were told to carry the ladders.  Way to go Santa Anna!  
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 10:13:08 AM EDT
[#11]
There's this one:

http://www.thegunworks.com/custprodgun.cfm?ProductID=3319&do=detail&Cat2Option=yes

I've handled it and it's a pretty nice rifle. I was tempted but had other financial obligations.

Edit: Links on their website sometimes work and sometimes it goes to the home page. If it's the home page, click the 'custom and production guns' button at the top of the page, then 'imported guns', then 'rifles', and click on the Baker for details.

Link Posted: 6/17/2016 10:34:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Correct and at the Alamo, the Mexican riflemen had only four rounds each and were told to carry the ladders.  Way to go Santa Anna!  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We here in Texas appreciate Generalissimo Santa Anna splitting up his army after the fall of the Alamo the  sacrifice of his Baker riflemen  there .
Tennessee Long rifles and the new percussion system fought alongside Crockett
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 10:26:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
BritishMuzzleloaders on YouTube has an excellent video series on the Baker rifle using one built from a Rifle Shoppe kit. I'd like to get a assembled Baker from the Rifle Shoppe with all the correct proof marks but the wait time is ~3 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdtz4rXV-Yg
View Quote

Nice video and yes, I can confirm the 36 month wait... I should be getting mine 'soon'.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 6:47:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Track of the Wolf has Colerain Baker rifle barrels in stock for $175, I wonder how hard it would be to get the correct breech plug and drop one of these into an Indian Baker?
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 7:08:15 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View Quote
The dude with the flag in one scene was great.

Link Posted: 7/5/2016 7:52:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I read all the books first so I had an idea of the way they should look and act. Didn't like the show, but the books are some of the best I've ever read.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.bernardcornwell.net/

Bernard Cornwell is superb!
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:25:45 PM EDT
[#17]
They are very cool. I believe at one time Track of The Wolf carried either a Baker kit, or at least parts. I think people were getting the Indian rifles and were retrofitting them with TOW parts?
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 10:04:37 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm on Sharpe's Escape now and I really need a Baker!
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 3:44:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Make one yourself or if you want, I'll make it for you.  You buy the parts and give me some ducats and I'll build it.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 4:01:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Make one yourself or if you want, I'll make it for you.  You buy the parts and give me some ducats and I'll build it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pm sent!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top