Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/22/2015 3:44:44 PM EDT
I am wondering if any of you guys can give ball park estimates on what I will get on some of my Black Powder stuff.
All of it is used.

1)  David Pedersoli Indian Trade Musket- new MSRP is $1050.00
2) Cohorn Golf Ball Mortor, a simple thing not an authentic replica. I paid $200 for it.
3) ASM Colt Walker. Comes with Walker tool, Walker flask and a holster- good shooter but nothing to rite home about condition wise. I paid $250 for just the gun as a used gun.

Sorry I cant do pictures- company computer.

Yes I know I could get much better prices selling through the equipment exchange but I have had bad experiences shipping guns in the past and will not do it again.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 8:17:25 AM EDT
[#1]
If you could find a shop that specializes in BP you would be better off. Most gun stores in my area won't hardly buy used BP guns and if they do they offer pennies on the dollar.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 9:16:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you could find a shop that specializes in BP you would be better off. Most gun stores in my area won't hardly buy used BP guns and if they do they offer pennies on the dollar.
View Quote

+1

All of my local gun shops will give you 2-300 less than what the actual value is. Then they sell it for the actual value. I get it, they have to make money on them somehow. I only sell back to a shop if I just hate whatever it is I intend to sell. Otherwise, I list it and wait. Sometimes it takes a while though.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 3:09:00 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I am wondering if any of you guys can give ball park estimates on what I will get on some of my Black Powder stuff.

All of it is used.

1)  David Pedersoli Indian Trade Musket- new MSRP is $1050.00

2) Cohorn Golf Ball Mortor, a simple thing not an authentic replica. I paid $200 for it.

3) ASM Colt Walker. Comes with Walker tool, Walker flask and a holster- good shooter but nothing to rite home about condition wise. I paid $250 for just the gun as a used gun.

Sorry I cant do pictures- company computer.

Yes I know I could get much better prices selling through the equipment exchange but I have had bad experiences shipping guns in the past and will not do it again.

View Quote
1) $150-200 if they plan to list it on gunbroker (MSRP means next to jack when it comes to selling to a gun shop, and even less when it comes to BP guns, as they have a very very limited market).

2) $50 at best, as golfball mortars have even less market than normal BP guns.

3) $150, then they'd mark it up to 350 or so.

As a general rule, a gun shop will only pay you half of what they expect to sell it for, and that's if you're likely to spend the money at their store, cash in hand usually nets about 40% of the sale value.

Black powder are not regulated as firearms federally, so you'd be better off selling them on gunbroker, as you can mail them normally to the winner, no FFL needed.

Only thing to be mindful of is that some states/cities may have their own restrictions, so in general avoid the commie places for safety.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top