Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2015 4:56:50 PM EDT
Has anyone here built a rifle from TVM, Track of the Wolf, Pecatonica River, ect. I'm thinking about buying one but wonder if I would be better off just buying a Pendersoli. BTW I am looking at KY longrifle style.
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 6:20:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a Chambers Fowler I am just starting.  I just finished my first one, but it was a Traditions Kentucky kit and they are not as in depth as kits from the vendors you mentioned.  I used  it as project to learn basics.  I added an inletted piece and some small embellishments.  Check out Duelist1954 on Youtube.  He has a series where he builds a Bucks Co kit from Track of the Wolf.  It will give you an idea of what you are in for.  I've been planning my Chambers gun for a while and have to say, I've bought a lot of tools!

I guess it comes down to what you like to do.  I enjoy the build part just as much as shooting.  If you want to get right in to it, a built rifle is the way to go.  I have a Pedersoli KY rifle but haven't shot it yet.  I've heard nothing but good things about them.

An "in-between" alternative is to get a rifle "In the White" (TVM sells them that way).  All you have to do with those is the stock and barrel finishes.

Here is part 1:
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 11:19:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a Chambers Fowler I am just starting.  I just finished my first one, but it was a Traditions Kentucky kit and they are not as in depth as kits from the vendors you mentioned.  I used  it as project to learn basics.  I added an inletted piece and some small embellishments.  Check out Duelist1954 on Youtube.  He has a series where he builds a Bucks Co kit from Track of the Wolf.  It will give you an idea of what you are in for.  I've been planning my Chambers gun for a while and have to say, I've bought a lot of tools!

I guess it comes down to what you like to do.  I enjoy the build part just as much as shooting.  If you want to get right in to it, a built rifle is the way to go.  I have a Pedersoli KY rifle but haven't shot it yet.  I've heard nothing but good things about them.

An "in-between" alternative is to get a rifle "In the White" (TVM sells them that way).  All you have to do with those is the stock and barrel finishes.

Here is part 1: https://youtu.be/DJBNg_NLASA
View Quote

thank you!
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 3:34:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I built a TVM Virginian long rifle in .50 cal. Took me some time to build but it was a lot of fun. The rifle turned out pretty good and shoots great. I intended to do some carving on the stock bùt as it turned that was way beyond my skill set.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top